“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Poteau
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Enjoyed the stay, and the friendly staff. Be sure to enjoy the Managers Reception at the end of your day, that includes chips, cookies and some cold beer. (I think the reception is offered Tuesdays through Fridays.). Breakfast was good too, included some hot items, eggs and sausage.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this property in Poteau during the July 4th holiday for three nights.

First and foremost, I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff. They were helpful and accommodating. The King Suite was well appointed and extremely clean.

My kids enjoyed the pool and My wife and I appreciated it was heated!

The breakfast was exceptional and typical of The Holiday Inn Express standard. Although, my daughter was sad the pancake machine was broken during our entire 3 night stay.

As we were leaving, the front desk clerk walked us out and thanked us for staying with them. This was a first in all my travels around the world!

This property will become our regular place to stay while in town!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank J Brian H
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff friendly. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. They have a nice happy hour during the week. I would definitely recommend it if you are going to stay in Poteau.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gloria-grim
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Over the Memorial holiday, we had a death in the family. There were several of us coming from Kansas City, Missouri and we needed a place to stay. We would up staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Poteau, Oklahoma.

Beyond my wildest dreams, I would never dream that this hotel would be so NICE, almost out in the country, but very close to the highway/freeway. We walked in, and very nice marble floors. Our room was very large with two queen beds. In the morning they had a nice breakfast, of almost anything you would want. The personnel at the front desk, especially Stormy, was very nice. To top this off, they gave us a discount for all our family members (7 rooms used), which really helped out, since we had to drive in from Kansas City. To top this off, we did not leave Kansas City, but another area. I did not have a tooth brush, and they gave me one. :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Have stayed here before for business. last month, had a reservation glitch in hotel we were supposed to stay at in Ft. Smith. Due to glitch and no other available rooms in Ft. Smith, took the short drive to Poteau and stayed one night, while a short stay, it was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and welcoming and upgraded our room, even though I got the room with points only (rare to get upgrade when using points only). Also acknowledged me as a Priority Club member. Pretty good breakfast as well.
Thank you for the hospitality in a stressful situation. Will definitely consider staying again if in the area. A very top-notch Holiday Inn Express and by far the best hotel in Poteau

Room Tip: A short drive from Fort Smith, AR
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

There are very few hotels to choose from in this area so I think that this is the best selection. The hotel is very clean and I didn't have any problems with any noice or amenitites. It is right off of the highway, but I did not notice any exterior sound at night. This property does seem to draw a lot of families with children so I did notice noice from kids, kids running throughout the lobby, on the elevators, etc But that is more parents fault than the hotels. One tip - there is very limited food selection on and around the hotel, so when I arrived at 7 pm night I had to drive to the local Walmart to grab a snack. This area seems like it could be a bit sketchy so I would excercise caution.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Dear CaseyR07,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Since my last review of this property, I have stayed again two more times. Simply put, this is the best property in the river valley area. Super clean. Super friendly. And now on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings they have a hospitality room from 5-7 with free beer, wine and snacks. This is a nice addition. Just a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poteau
Days Inn & Suites Poteau
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Poteau
Choctaw Casino Hotel Pocola
Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort Smith
Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
#5 of 23 in Fort Smith

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau? Share your experiences!