“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Poteau
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Spent three nights at this hotel while in the area on business. Overall this is a very nice and clean hotel. The staff were friendly and my room was cleaned promptly every day and nothing missed. The only draw back is the odd entrance to the hotel. Can make for a bit of a challenge if not prepared.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Very upscale hotel with exceptional management/staff. Just returned from a two night stay while in Poteau on business. This three-year old hotel with its dramatic stacked-stone fireplace dividing the lobby from the dining area is an immediate indicator that this hotel intends to exceed expectations. To be candid, I looked online and Ft. Smith hotels were listed. I reviewed TripAdvisor and found the Holiday Inn Express and knew this was the hotel.

I expect excellence and I expect to pay for it. However, this hotel provides excellence without the price tag. I can travel to Poteau and return home in one day. But, over a three day stay, I opted to stay in Poteau. I will return here for a two day visit. I have to report an wonderful stay, with a great room, perfect bed, granite bath vanity, extra lighting, coffee in the room, desk and extra bench for luggage.

Plus, the breakfast with eggs, ham/sausage, biscuits, bagels, pastries, yogurt and fruit was more than I expected and the manager's reception with wine, beer, cookies was a surprise. I sat and had wine and the manager came in and asked whether I wanted the channel changed on the TV above the fireplace. These little extra gestures are management attitudes that separate one hotel from another. Unbelieveably, I forgot my phone charger. They had one and said it belonged to an employee of the hotel. But, Paul, the manager loaned it to me for the duration of my stay - so accommodating. He also recommended Warehouse Willie's for a fabulous dinner to take a business associate. Great recommendation - Paul dined there the same night. My business was going to cause the need receive a fax after my departure Friday afternoon. Again, Amber, told me this was no problem, even an accommodating late check out was available, but I didn't need it. I will be back in Poteau soon, with my phone charger, and I will return to the Holiday Inn Express. Such a perfect stay and accommodating staff. This turned my business stay into a mini-vacation.

Room Tip: I am not awakened by trains, but if this is a problem, choose a room on the West side. The West side...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Enjoyed the stay, and the friendly staff. Be sure to enjoy the Managers Reception at the end of your day, that includes chips, cookies and some cold beer. (I think the reception is offered Tuesdays through Fridays.). Breakfast was good too, included some hot items, eggs and sausage.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this property in Poteau during the July 4th holiday for three nights.

First and foremost, I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff. They were helpful and accommodating. The King Suite was well appointed and extremely clean.

My kids enjoyed the pool and My wife and I appreciated it was heated!

The breakfast was exceptional and typical of The Holiday Inn Express standard. Although, my daughter was sad the pancake machine was broken during our entire 3 night stay.

As we were leaving, the front desk clerk walked us out and thanked us for staying with them. This was a first in all my travels around the world!

This property will become our regular place to stay while in town!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank J Brian H
Hulbert, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff friendly. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. They have a nice happy hour during the week. I would definitely recommend it if you are going to stay in Poteau.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gloria-grim
Gladstone, MO
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Over the Memorial holiday, we had a death in the family. There were several of us coming from Kansas City, Missouri and we needed a place to stay. We would up staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Poteau, Oklahoma.

Beyond my wildest dreams, I would never dream that this hotel would be so NICE, almost out in the country, but very close to the highway/freeway. We walked in, and very nice marble floors. Our room was very large with two queen beds. In the morning they had a nice breakfast, of almost anything you would want. The personnel at the front desk, especially Stormy, was very nice. To top this off, they gave us a discount for all our family members (7 rooms used), which really helped out, since we had to drive in from Kansas City. To top this off, we did not leave Kansas City, but another area. I did not have a tooth brush, and they gave me one. :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Have stayed here before for business. last month, had a reservation glitch in hotel we were supposed to stay at in Ft. Smith. Due to glitch and no other available rooms in Ft. Smith, took the short drive to Poteau and stayed one night, while a short stay, it was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and welcoming and upgraded our room, even though I got the room with points only (rare to get upgrade when using points only). Also acknowledged me as a Priority Club member. Pretty good breakfast as well.
Thank you for the hospitality in a stressful situation. Will definitely consider staying again if in the area. A very top-notch Holiday Inn Express and by far the best hotel in Poteau

Room Tip: A short drive from Fort Smith, AR
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poteau
Days Inn & Suites Poteau
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort Smith
Hampton Inn Fort Smith
Hampton Inn Fort Smith
#3 of 22 in Fort Smith

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau? Share your experiences!