“We are very fortunate to have this hotel in our area.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Poteau
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I travel often and haven't found a more personable staff. I'm a people watcher and I've watched the entire staff treat every guest with the same manner, professional and courteous.

I was in the lobby one evening, near the front desk, and 2 couples on motorcycles came in, laughing and talking to the clerk (Sundee)... Saying they'd just gotten back from the best meal they'd had in their month long road trip and were thanking her for her recommendation. I chimed in "ya all went down to Willie's, didn't ya?"
They said "we sure did, we're down from Kansas City where they KNOW how to cook! And this was like we were at home!"

Stayed a week in June because my lease was up on previous home and new home wasn't ready to move into.

There is a single elevator, but
I'd observed many times on this visit and previous visits that when the maids need to move their carts to another floor, that they will wait several trips in order for the guests to be accommodated first. Doesn't matter whether the elevator is full, or just one guest. Most hotels I've been to will "try to slide" their cart in with you.

I observed someone cleaning and wiping down furniture, fixtures, doors, windows, and elevator every single day I was there. Not just once in a while, when the mood strikes them. And I never smelled cleaning solution.
Every few nights a week, they'd set out different amenities/refreshments. Even set out a large stainless steel bowl full of ice, on a table with a nice white tablecloth... They could have just rolled everything out on a plastic food cart from the kitchen!

This all tells me there is someone running everything with the constant thought in the back of their mind "how can I make this better?" You could have a manager that tries to get "their job" done the fastest and easiest way to fulfill their duties, but not this place.... This is a place where you feel that someone actually cares! It's almost like it's a heartfelt passion.

I know without a doubt that if you have a problem with your stay, if you'll just present the problem in a courteous manner, you'll have 1,2, or 3 staff members giving you their immediate attention to resolve the matter. Been there, done that, and have seen it personally:)

I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Brian H

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I attended a baby shower at this facilities. It was wonderful. It looks like the day they opened, very well kept. The staff was very attentive and accomodated every need. I will be booking my next event here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lela-ann
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I wish the restaurant next to the hotel would have been open. Having a place to have a drink or five would've been a nice touch. Very helpful with all my personal paperwork, copying and faxing. Courteous to most all of my needs.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Mark H
Amber P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

I am delighted to hear that you had such a great stay. It would be my pleasure to assist you in making your next reservation. Thank you for choosing us! Sincerely, Sundy Tackett, Guest Service Representative

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I were traveling through the Poteau area. We decided to stay at this hotel because the property looked new. Upon check in we were surprised to learn that the property is four years old. It still smells new! The staff was friendly and the general manager visited with us during breakfast. I had no trouble getting around in my wheel chair. Everything was easily accessible for me. We had a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arknan
Amber P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

It is pleasing to read your kind review of our hotel and staff. Our team takes each comment very seriously to provide that quality experience that our guests expect. Thank you for choosing us.
We look forward to visiting with on your next trip to Poteau!

Best Regards,
Amber

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Put me in a regular room instead of the suite I reserved, but charged me the full price of a suite anyways. Stayed at this hotel for two weeks, in which time no staff bothered to vacuum or wipe down any surfaces. They would only replace towels and take out trash. Getting them to change my sheets was like pulling teeth. When I asked the staff to address this issue they tried to blame me for it! They said I had the do not disturb sign on my door. Which I did not! Even if I did why would they come in to change towels and take out trash if I had it on my door? Overall the staff was surly and rude. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a good sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Samantha A
Amber P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. All guest feedback is taken seriously to ensure each guest has a great experience while staying at our property. As I read your comments to the staff we become more disturbed by all of these issues you experienced during your stay. This was not brought to our attention while you were staying at the property. I would like more information regarding your experience. Please call the property direct at your convenience and ask for Amber, the General Manager. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel and were immediately pleased by the cleanliness and outward appearance. The breakfast area was nice and there are nice seating areas as you enter. The rooms were clean and up-to-date. Unfortunately, I have to give this hotel a negative review because the hotel staff were simply rude and unhelpful. It was a busy weekend for them, but they did not listen to our requests and were slow to respond. We spoke to 2 different employees and finally the manager had to step in the tell the employees to accommodate us. We were highly disappointed in the sub-par customer service and will choose to stay somewhere different next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear candicebullard,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and the breakfast selections we offer. Please allow us to apologize for the experience you had with the service you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Was here for one night during a business trip. The rooms were spacious, bed very comfortable, and shower was nice with a good shower head. The breakfast is included and was plenty with nice variety. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Amber P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Glad to hear about all the wonderful things you had to say about our property. Our breakfast bar does have a great variety, the next time you come there may be a few changes. We are adding a few new things that are a little bit healthier. Please do not hesitate to contact me at aperceful@hiexpresspoteau.com. I would love to assist you in making your next reservation. Kind Regards, Amber Perceful, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poteau
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Poteau
#1 of 1 in Heavener
Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
#4 of 23 in Fort Smith

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Poteau? Share your experiences!