“Not The Best Econo Lodge...”
Review of Econo Lodge Pryor

Econo Lodge Pryor
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Pryor
Marinette, Wisconsin, United States
“Not The Best Econo Lodge...”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have stayed at other Econo Lodges with great results. This one was not one of them. Upon check in the desk associate was somewhat rude as though I was inconveniencing her by checking in without a reservation. The room itself was clean and no noticeable odors. The bathroom shower appeared recently updated, but the toilet was not and the lid was cracked, but no big deal. I had problems connecting to the internet and called the front desk. Then the associate was definitely rude. There was no hotel directory or phone book in the room, so for dinner we had to head out and look around to see what was available locally. Checkout went well and fortunately the desk associate in the morning was much friendlier. If you are passing through and staying one night, then it's not so bad. Had I planned on staying a few days, I probably would not stay her.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Upon arrival there was no one at the front desk (had to call on a phone). Our room had a very musky/damp/old smell to it. The bed linens were outdated, mattress was very uncomfortable, only 2 towels in the bathroom (we had 4 people total in our room), the shower/tub did NOT drain (took about 15-20 min after water was turned off to drain!), asked the front desk to use a fax machine and was questioned as if we were even guest at the hotel first, housekeeping banged on our door at 8am the second morning of our stay waking my children up. Biggest complaint is I was charged twice for a crappy hotel that I will never stay in again!!! Still awaiting a phone call from management to get this charge resolved!! Very dissatisfied with this hotel and service
Kevin the GM of the Hotel was by far the most disrespectful person ever and did not care about any of these issues.
Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money and stay somewhere nicer where they actually value you as customer!!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Pryor hotels

Akron
Reviewed 11 March 2013

went to shower around 830. no hot water I called front desk and said he would check in to it. called back and said a few other people didn't have water either.maybe some people just all showerd at once, waited till 1030 pm still no water. got up at 430 am to shower and then had hot water.im glad I wasn't all smelly from working on farm or in a hot factory, then sleep on clean sheets. I don't think I will stay there again. ive stayed in over 200 motels and never ran out of hot water. clerk was nice at check in and all , but running out of hot water don't make sense to me.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 8 March 2013

My Husband & I booked a room for Rocklahoma. We got into our room and there was a terrible smell of mothballs so bad You couldn't even breathe. We searched everywhere for them they were behind the bed and in the air unit. We took a total of 16 mothballs out of that room. Thank Goodness I brought some cleaning supplies and fresh linens with me. The room was filthy. Being that Rocklahoma was going on they raised the price of the room to over $100.00 a night. To bad all the other hotels/motels were all booked or We have left.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stopped in Pryor on our way back to TX so that we could go to the Christmas Train (Adair). We chose this hotel primarily because it was pet friendly and more affordable than some others. It was a comfortable stop for the night. The man working at the front desk was helpful and personable. The hotel could use some updates/repairs, but the new owner was there asking for specific feedback. This was a good comfortable place to stay, and it was a fraction of the price of some of the other pet-friendly hotels in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Miz_B_Iz_Me
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pryor
Days Inn Pryor
#4 of 5 in Pryor
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pryor
Best Western Plus Locust Grove Inn & Suites
Super 8 Big Cabin/vinita Area

Been to Econo Lodge Pryor? Share your experiences!