“A Great Destination”

Downstream Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Quapaw
Reviewed 23 August 2014

A couple of weeks ago my wife went with me on a working vacation. Part of her deal was she wanted to stay at the Downstream for having to put up with my working. I was against it at first as I stay in a lot of hotels but not casino hotels.I've changed my mind.

First class all the way. Restaurants, casino and the room was wonderful. Oh yeah, the service was great, too! The next time I work the NE Oklahoma, SW Missouri area I will stay here.

Easy to find, easy to get too and quick and easy check in.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I played Blackjack and enjoyed the night. My friend played slots and did extremely well...Hewent home with 10 times more than what he started with. The casino is smokey; however, they do have some non-smoking sections.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Have visited this casino several times traveling from OKC to Branson. We were able to play slots for quite a while from payouts every time. We also enjoy the great buffet there. Will stop again next trip.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

There I was, minding my own business, when I turn the corner and BOOM! A tall building stretches into the sky with surrounding, unassuming adjacent buildings at the one-story level. The entrance to the casino is not clearly marked so we were unsure where exactly to park. We chose poorly and had quite a jaunt to the casino. For a Saturday evening, the casino wasn't extremely busy, but I did notice a stale, smokey smell when I walked in. I had forgotten that smoking was allowed in Oklahoma so I just sucked it up and dealt with it. Lost $20 in a matter of 4 minutes because I had no idea what I was doing on a penny slot. If you don't play slots often, find one that looks familiar to you and stick with it. Drinks were incredibly expensive and the beer was 3.2% which made for some thirsty patrons in my party. Bartenders weren't really engaging. Not impressed with the bar area. The smoke increased as the night progressed, as was expected, and we finally had to make our escape around 11 pm. We left with more than we came with, so all in all an enjoyable evening. I'll go back again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had a two night stay on a smoking floor because of availabilty due to a baseball tourney in town. The room stank,the whole floor stunk. I've been to Vegas many times and I do understand that this is a far cry from Vegas but call those guys and find out what they use to combat cigarette smoke!! The casino staff were rude and unfriendly. The hotel had one out of 4 elevators running.

1  Thank Sheila M

Been to Downstream Casino Resort? Share your experiences!