Magnuson Hotel Sand Springs – Tulsa West
US$53
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleandecent hoteldesk staffshower headwould stay againparking lothallwayfridgelodging
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Room was clean and cheerful.Bed/mattress was GREAT!

The biggest problem with this hotel is it has smoking and non-smoking rooms. Ground floor,at door parking rooms, are permeated with smoke from those who smoke outside the entrance.

The percentage of Americans who smoke is about 19% (with regional and ethnic variations.)
Unfortunately at the BW Sand Springs what comes to mind is the trite slogan "WE ARE ALL SMOKERS NOW"

Not for the hyper-allergenic crowd, not for those who avoid exposure to 2nd hand smoke.
This is an older property, and despite the newly painted interiors,clean (new-ish carpets), and a generally appealing property-I wouldn't recommend.Hotel clientele in late May 2013 seemed to be mostly government and contracted work-crews.

Sand Springs,BTW,is little more than a strip mall of hotels,fast food joints,check cashing places, without any charm.40 miles east or west of it (or Tulsa itself) offers "nicer" environs (but not cheaper,

Room Tip: Hmm..spend more,drive further or less,but chose something elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ridem1953
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The lobby smells like a smoking environment but, the hallways and our room did not. Be advised, they have both interior and exterior entrance rooms. You need to specify. Also, there is no elevator. The room was adequate. There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Every time the frig would cycle through, it made a banging sound which woke me up each time. The beds are comfortable, the property was clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The free Internet access was easy to connect to and the speed was fine. Breakfast is included - eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage and bacon as well as regular continental. It's served until 9am. We ate around 8:30 and all selections were still available. It's an older property which appears to have been remodeled. I booked online at bestwestern.com to get the best rate. I checked the site the morning we were to check in and found the rate went down. When I checked in they honored the lower rate. We got the senior rate of $84.99+ taxes. If you are on a budget, this is a good choice!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gonzo810
Reviewed 4 March 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Our room was clean and comfortable. Would stay here again. We were not disappointed. Best Western is pretty reliable and this location was what we expected. Easy access from the highway and back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank terri y
Reviewed 15 February 2013

D. Hanson of the HANSON Brothers...
My brother Jon Hanson, HIGHLY recommended this hotel, and I live in Virginia, so after a 2 day drive across the old U.S.A. I was vey tired and needed a nice clean place to kick back, and this was that place! I was so shocked to see how clean & well maintained this hotel was and the staff there as well, were very helpful and vey knowlegeable about everything I asked them. I my self HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel to all inbound travelers...
This hotel gets an A+ or 100% in my ratings ! ! !
THANX to all the GUYS & GALS there, YEE... HAW...

Mr. D. Hanson ( Professional Guitarist ) from VIRGINIA

Room Tip: My room on the 1st floor was very good area, ajacent to my vehicle, was a PLUS!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business