“Weekend quick trip!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Shawnee
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed the night last night for a quck gambling trip to Oklahoma. The room was very very clean. The check in lady was very nice. Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast and the lady serving was very sweet.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traci M

Reviewed 24 November 2012

The staff have all been friendly and helpful, but as I'm going into my second week here, all of the other little flaws are popping up. I was impressed with the look of the hotel when I first got here late night, but after having seen the room in natural light, I could spot the weird spatter stains on the pictures and walls, stains on the couch and carpeting, mildew in the bathroom, and so on. It is just a lack of attention to detail. The room was not filthy, but it was not deeply cleaned. The stains, greasy fingerprints, hair in the bathroom didn't do the room any favors after the first couple of days. I had noticed a whole lot of off colored blotches on the walls, and realized that it was mismatched paint. I don't know what they were trying to cover, but the weird beige blobs made it seem like the wall had greasy stains. The walls are sooooo thin here. I can hear my neighbors *tinkle*. I had a large family with screaming toddlers next to me for a week and that was pretty awful, as I'm in Shawnee on business and wake up at 5AM and need my sleep. It's priced similarly to the other hotels in the area, which are all overpriced. I would expect to pay these rates in OKC, or any other big city, not Shawnee. I was considering moving to another hotel, but from the reviews, I guess Shawnee really can't provide something to live up to a seasoned traveler's expectations. The exercise room and pool went unused by myself, and most other guests I noticed, but the facilities looked ok. The dryer did not work during my stay. I didn't eat the breakfast, as it was not offered early enough for me. I liked the modern look of the room, with the flat screen, desk, couch, coffee table, mini fridge and microwave. They had a decent business area. It was exactly what I needed, but if management demanded a little more from housekeeping, perhaps making up a detail cleaning checklist, the experience would have been a lot better. Minus the fact that I could hear my neighbors pee, which just made me paranoid that they could hear me pee... I'm rating it at average because I like the amenities they offered, staff including desk and housekeeping were friendly and helpful, but if they tried a little harder, it could be a much better hotel.

Room Tip: I suppose the indoor pool attracts families. If you don't want to hear children screaming and r...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and it has always been a wonderful stay. From the rooms and staff, to the inside pool and breakfast in the morning. The breakfast is more like a snack, like any continental breakfast anywhere else but holds you up until you get out. Very close to restaurants and shopping venues. Also, the other customers are very friendly..... i don't know if its an Oklahoma thing but i love it. We are from Texas, and Oklahoma is a way different and beautiful place.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank brysel518
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I have stayed here a couple times now and I always have a good experience. The hotel is located right off of I-40 in Shawnee, OK. It is located near plenty off places to eat, shopping and a couple casinos are very close by. The hotel is always nice and clean looking. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable. They also have an indoor pool that is nice to relax in after a long day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed a single night here during a cross-country road trip with our toddler.

This is a newer Comfort Inn, with a nice design and clean, updated rooms. Although our stay here was a very quick pit stop, we did take advantage of the small pool, which our 4-year old enjoyed. Since it is relatively new, the recreation area is nicely done and a cut above the typically sterile ones you tend to find in chain motels.

Breakfast consisted of the usual items, but at least hot food was provided - and lots of it. Most of the day, there are free cookies and drinks in the lobby, which was a nice touch. Service was generally efficient and friendly.

Overall, it's pretty much a standard chain motel - but quite a nice one. If you're passing through, you could do much worse than making a stop here.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the pool or lobby could be a bit noisier.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times over the last six months. The staff has always made an extra effort to see that my stay was a good one. The rooms are always spotless and the building is in very good condition. The freebie breakfast has lots of options though the offerings aren't of the highest quality. I appreciate the complementary cookies that are usually available in the lobby. I've seen some noisy guests walking the halls but I never hear them once I'm in my room. This is a well built, newer facility. Unfortunately, the free wifi signal is bad to occasionally barely adequate. Trying to exit across the four lane highway is difficult. Fortunately, everyone in Shawnee drives very slowly.

If you're staying in Shawnee, the Comfort Inn is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 122. The timer on the tv next door in the excercise room is set for 1 a.m. and you will...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Skeerguy
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Surly front desk even though we had all confirmed master bill reservations. Room was still noisy even after specific request for quiet rooms. By the freeway and next to stairs is not QUIET!!!!
The breakfast was boring and it was as if we were in the breakfast staffs way. We were her 5 days and it was just one excuse after another. The sausages did not come in, only blueberry waffles today, we just ran out of coffee, " Do you want me to make some more" ( it was 8:40, breakfast is over at 9 am). We could go on!!! House keeping kept failing to vacuum the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business