“always good food”

Ranked #15 of 134 Restaurants in Shawnee
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 February 2013

been going there for years, always good, is a local landmark and tradition, we'll be back for many more years.

1  Thank Honest R
There are newer reviews for Benton's Cafe

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Good food, although a bit pricey for a diner. Pie is excellent especially the coconut. They have daily specials.

1  Thank rubyclaire
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I love and adore Benton's! When my family lived in Shawnee thirty years ago, it was a treat to go there. When I visit Shawnee, I never miss it...esp. for breakfast! It is as American as apple pie (which, by the way, is one of about twenty pies they offer!) and the service is wonderful (the same lady has been there for fifty years and just gets sweeter with age!). If you like an all-original old time cafe atmosphere and unpretentious wonderful food, this is your place. If you are more into the vanilla chains taking over the universe, don't bother.

2  Thank Mscottasmith
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Try the pie. Usually have something on special. . . . . . .

2  Thank geopalmer
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I was a little hesitant after seeing the other reviews but figured I'd try it anyway if only to see the inside. Wow I was pleasantly surprised the food was great along with the service. I had the chicken fry and it was awesome. The homemade gravy was worth the trip alone! I didn't have the pies but the family members who did raved about it. We got as many refills on drinks as we wanted and the server was very helpful.
Overall it was a fun dining experience and I will definitely be back.

2  Thank Sharon L

Been to Benton's Cafe? Share your experiences!