“A decent real hometown burger”
Review of Hamburger King

Hamburger King
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Shawnee
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a real authentic burger joint. Don't expect frills, just friendly fast service and a juicy decent burger with good fries. Cole slaw was so so and chili didn't seem to homemade, but everything was at least fast and tasty and filling. I'd recommend over fast food and chain restaurants

There are newer reviews for Hamburger King

Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you want to try a local restaurant and have a great, greasy hamburger, come here! They also have excellent pies!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We came across this place whilst driving from Texas to New Jersey. My husband looked at local eateries whilst I was driving. Our hotel was in Shawnee and we were sick of eating at the chain places. We saw this place had great reviews so we decided to give it a chance. We like to support independent businesses. It's a little ways off I-40 but very much worth the detour.

Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly and we chose our table. The menu is small but it has something for everybody. I decided on the double cheeseburger basket with bacon and my husband had the grilled cheese basket with jalapeño corn bread as a side. The cool thing about this place is the ordering. Each booth has a phone connected to the waitress station. When you're ready to order just pick up the phone and place your order! When it's ready, it's brought out to you.

The food was delicious. My husband isn't usually a grilled cheese kinda guy but he said it was one of the best he's ever had. My burger was great, fresh. Just what we both needed after a long day of driving. If we're ever in the area, we'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Small town cafe with awesome burgers and the best catfish sandwich anywhere! Homemade pies made fresh daily! This place is the best in town!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Hamburger King is a burger lovers dream! We go there often and usually order "The Kicker", a bacon cheeseburger with jalapeno peppers and all the usual suspects. It comes with the absolute best dinner fries that I've ever had anywhere. And you can't leave without a slice of their famous cream pie, the coconut is fabulous!! Our Granddaughters never come to visit without a stop at Hamburger King!! lol Don't miss this one, it's been serving Shawnee for over 75 years and you'll see why if you stop by .Oh yes, you order your food on a little red phone from your booth ! This kinda makes up for lack of atmosphere. lol