“Best of Them All!”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Queensbury, New York
“Best of Them All!”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This hotel is the best I have stayed at in Shawnee. Located on the north side of I-40, this hotel is 4 floor luxury. The lobby is beautiful. The desk staff always greets you with a warm smile. The brekafast area is equipped with flat screen TVs, plenty of space, and a buffet bar. The rooms on the first floor are great because they are set away from all the action. The VERY NOISY elevator takes you through 4 floors of rooms. The rooms are nice, as they are split into a master bedroom, and a room with two more beds and a TV and a spacious room area. The beds are very soft and comfortable. The bathrooms are nice and equipped with towels, hairdryes, soap, etc. If you are looking for the best hotel in the city, stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Shawnee, Oklahoma!

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank nycbubba345

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I just recently stayed at this hotel for the third time. It's a great place for me to stop on my road travels between Texas and Alabama. The hotel appears relatively new, the rooms have always been in great condition, and the staff members have been friendly every time I've stayed there. I'm also a fan of Holiday Inn Express' free breakfast.

Furthermore, the location is perfect for an overnight stay. There's a Wal-Mart right across the street and plenty of places to eat (personally, I've enjoyed eating at the Buffalo Wild Wings because it stays open late).

I also like the location because when I'm driving west to east on I-40, I don't care to stay in the busy Oklahoma City metro (Shawnee is about 40 miles or so east of OKC). And when I'm driving east to west on I-40, it's really the first great opportunity for an overnight stay once you enter Oklahoma from Arkansas.

Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We spent 1 night in mid-July on our drive from Montgomery AL to Albuquerque NM. After a very long day on the road, we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, the room size, and the quiet. The front desk staff was cheerful and helpful. The breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, but was certainly sufficient. If I'm back this way in the future, I'd come back here for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank scope22660
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I didn't realize how far outside of Oklahoma City that Shawnee was, but the hotel made it less frustrating. It was really the only affordable option so if you find yourself in the same predicament, just be prepared for a good 30 minute drive to and from the city center.

We had a huge suite - one master bedroom and a separate room with 2 beds and one shared bath and mini kitchenette. It was clean, the beds were huge and comfy, the staff was friendly - although they did spend a lot of time outside smoking. The hotel was quiet, I honestly didn't see many other people there. The parking was free and plentiful. It was a joy to watch the sunrise through the rooms huge windows.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NC1313
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We stayed there with our team in April on a Saturday(one night) and were charged for 2 nights. I called and asked about it,and the guy who answered the phone said i definitely see where you were charged twice,so when my manager gets in we will get this taken care of for you. Well that never happened,fast forward 2 weeks i call back and spoke to the lady manager,she stated she only seen it once,and would do research and call me back. She NEVER called back. So i called again the next day and spoke with the male manager on duty,he said the same thing which is he only sees the charge once. Yet,i sent him an email with proof of my statement showing 2 charges,and still no refund for the second charge. I finally called my bank which stated yes there is definitely 2 charges,and he sent a cc dispute for the second charge so that we could finally get our money back. We had to change our initial room because it was not cleaned,it smelled of a bowel movement,and there were dirty clothes left in the drawers including dirty socks left under the lamp area. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else,perhaps the Comfort Suites
  • Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Travelingmomok

Travellers are raving about these Shawnee hotels

Minnesota
Reviewed 6 April 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a lot over the past 4 plus years. Each time it has been a little more disappointing in the cleanliness department. This time there were large chunks of food on the floor near the bed and under the dust ruffle, pieces of kleenex and paper sticking out behind the night stand and large thick dusty webs in the corners where the room divider met the wall. My husband went around and picked up the chunks of food and wiped out the webs while I attacked everything else with my ever present pack of wipes! The bathroom floor was covered with hair. Covered. There was quite a bit behind the bathroom door and the worst was there was a long black hair wrapped around the plastic cups on the dirty tray in the bathroom. I felt like if there was that much on the bathroom floor, how much was on the carpet that we couldn't see? It obviously had not been vacuumed in quite awhile. Food chunks in the back cracks of the fabric covered chairs (why do hotels have fabric covered furniture?) and an a thick layer of white dust along the edge of the entire room added to the ambiance. We were just thankful that at least there wasn't a wad of hot pink gum on the ceiling this time! The lighting is the worst we have ever seen - very dim in all the rooms. After we clean the room, we just don't have housekeeping come in again and then we are fine. The bed is comfortable, the breakfast is OK and food area clean, the workers are all very friendly and it is quiet. It just gets a little dirtier each time we stay there which is too bad.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MNClean
Waynoka, OK
Reviewed 17 June 2010

We were traveling on our Harley, and stayed here for the night... right next to Walmart and other eating places... They provide a GREAT HOT breakfast... with eggs and biscuits and gravy... the lady does a great job on the breakfast. The room was CLEAN, Quiet and Cool. The bed was soft and comfy... the outdoor pool and spa was relaxing...we would stay here again if ever in the area!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dbouse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee
Hampton Inn Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
#5 of 9 in Shawnee
Best Western Seminole Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40? Share your experiences!