“Dirty rooms!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We arived here after traveling two days from Seymour Tn, we were hungry and tired girl at the front desk was nice, our room was not finished cleaning and they checked us in before complete i had to ask them to clean the refrigerator out and clean mirror in bathroom also i could write my name it the dust on the lamp and took pictures of it! We decided to take a walk around the rest of the hotel for the most part it was ok till we got to the pool it had rained the day we came and was cool outside the pool was filthy with plants in the bottom and hot tub dirty chairs were all over with cans in the fire place outside bathroom to the pool was never cleaned! Tomorrow i will address this with the manager and see what he dose i am a priority member and just came from a nice holiday exspress in germantown tn and it was impeccable to tired to deal with it tonight and it dosent look like there is a manager here!!

Room Tip: I will repost after a manager addresses this and will let you know if i left or would stay again, it...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Hannah F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Hello, Carol!

Thank you for submitting your feedback. It's important for us to know your thoughts as it helps us grow as a hotel family and company. Without your response, we would not know on what area we needed to focus.

In regards to your last visit, I am deeply remorseful for the experience you had. Thanks to your response we have now taken proper action to ensure issues like yours do not occur again. We also have had a recent change in management which enforces more team effort and we have started a new team building, leadership training course for the employees at our hotel.

As a frequent business traveler, your option to stay at other hotels is vast. I thank you and appreciate you being so loyal to our brand. I hope the next time you pass through, you give our hotel an opportunity to regain your trust and relationship.

Hannah F.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

First off the hotel's price might be enough to turn some people off but dont let that fool you! This hotel is amazing! The rooms are very nice and I was a walkin and I had not made a reservation and the front desk clerk was very helpful and gave me a very nice room. The breakfast was good and the indian lady was very nice and cooked a good breakfast. I loved that coffee was vailable 24/7! The hotel has free wifi and its not to bad. It's best to use in the lobby and lounge area but the higher you go the weaker it gets! But overall not to bad. Housekeeping is amazing they gave me extra towels and were very polite! The front desk is amazing! Anytime you ask them a question they literally go out of their way to make your expierence enjoyable! The girls name was Erin and the guys name was Kyle! They are defintely friendly and make your expierence amazing!
The location is really cool because everything you need is in walking distance! There is a wal-mart right next door!!
Overall this is the best hotel in shawnee and I will definetly be coming back!

Room Tip: Rooms that are even numbered are the best view!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank creek m

Thank you so much for your kind words! Posts like yours keep us motivated to keep doing our best! It also makes me remember how great of a team we have here at our hotel.

Kyle and Erin are excellent front desk employees and are exceptionally wonderful when working with guests. We are proud of them and we are glad to know that you appreciate their hard work. Our breakfast is phenomenal and we have excellent staff who takes care of that in the morning for us! All of our employees are wonderful.

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 2 January 2012

This hotel is the best I have stayed at in Shawnee. Located on the north side of I-40, this hotel is 4 floor luxury. The lobby is beautiful. The desk staff always greets you with a warm smile. The brekafast area is equipped with flat screen TVs, plenty of space, and a buffet bar. The rooms on the first floor are great because they are set away from all the action. The VERY NOISY elevator takes you through 4 floors of rooms. The rooms are nice, as they are split into a master bedroom, and a room with two more beds and a TV and a spacious room area. The beds are very soft and comfortable. The bathrooms are nice and equipped with towels, hairdryes, soap, etc. If you are looking for the best hotel in the city, stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Shawnee, Oklahoma!

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank nycbubba345
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I just recently stayed at this hotel for the third time. It's a great place for me to stop on my road travels between Texas and Alabama. The hotel appears relatively new, the rooms have always been in great condition, and the staff members have been friendly every time I've stayed there. I'm also a fan of Holiday Inn Express' free breakfast.

Furthermore, the location is perfect for an overnight stay. There's a Wal-Mart right across the street and plenty of places to eat (personally, I've enjoyed eating at the Buffalo Wild Wings because it stays open late).

I also like the location because when I'm driving west to east on I-40, I don't care to stay in the busy Oklahoma City metro (Shawnee is about 40 miles or so east of OKC). And when I'm driving east to west on I-40, it's really the first great opportunity for an overnight stay once you enter Oklahoma from Arkansas.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We spent 1 night in mid-July on our drive from Montgomery AL to Albuquerque NM. After a very long day on the road, we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, the room size, and the quiet. The front desk staff was cheerful and helpful. The breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, but was certainly sufficient. If I'm back this way in the future, I'd come back here for sure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank scope22660
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I didn't realize how far outside of Oklahoma City that Shawnee was, but the hotel made it less frustrating. It was really the only affordable option so if you find yourself in the same predicament, just be prepared for a good 30 minute drive to and from the city center.

We had a huge suite - one master bedroom and a separate room with 2 beds and one shared bath and mini kitchenette. It was clean, the beds were huge and comfy, the staff was friendly - although they did spend a lot of time outside smoking. The hotel was quiet, I honestly didn't see many other people there. The parking was free and plentiful. It was a joy to watch the sunrise through the rooms huge windows.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NC1313
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We stayed there with our team in April on a Saturday(one night) and were charged for 2 nights. I called and asked about it,and the guy who answered the phone said i definitely see where you were charged twice,so when my manager gets in we will get this taken care of for you. Well that never happened,fast forward 2 weeks i call back and spoke to the lady manager,she stated she only seen it once,and would do research and call me back. She NEVER called back. So i called again the next day and spoke with the male manager on duty,he said the same thing which is he only sees the charge once. Yet,i sent him an email with proof of my statement showing 2 charges,and still no refund for the second charge. I finally called my bank which stated yes there is definitely 2 charges,and he sent a cc dispute for the second charge so that we could finally get our money back. We had to change our initial room because it was not cleaned,it smelled of a bowel movement,and there were dirty clothes left in the drawers including dirty socks left under the lamp area. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else,perhaps the Comfort Suites
  • Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Travelingmomok
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee
Comfort Inn & Suites Shawnee
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 9 in Shawnee
Best Western Seminole Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40? Share your experiences!