“Very nice hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Shawnee
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed at the LQ in Shawnee for one night while on a trip with friends to go to the Firelake Grand casino. We've stayed here before and it's a very nice, quiet hotel. Large rooms and also a free breakfast. Kind of continental with the addition of waffles, boiled eggs, etc. I requested a room close to the elevator and was given the first room on the first floor but pretty far down the hall from the check-in desk. I was a little worried that it might be noisy but we never heard a thing and had a good night's sleep. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

POTEAU
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I left in a hurry and did not know i had left my cell phone in my room until i was already on I-40 going East . I was so kind of you to not only find my phone but to also call me and tell me you have it . i was of course thrilled to make the connection to get it sent to me . THANK YOU VERY MUCH

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and I were traveling cross-country, and I selected this hotel because it was right off the interstate and had better reviews than La Quintas in Oklahoma City. We needed a place to stay with our cats, and La Quinta does not charge pet fees which is awesome. We didn't have anything to do in Oklahoma, and it was a boring drive I have to admit, but the Shawnee staff were very welcoming and the room was clean enough to suit me--and I have pretty high standards, too.

There's not a ton I can say about this hotel, we literally just stopped over here with our cats. The beds are great because the cats can't get underneath of them and hide. The bathroom was clean and breakfast was the normal continental fare, plus waffles. None of which I can eat, except for the fruit, so we didn't stay for breakfast.

Oh, and if you're driving through, keep an eye on your speed! Oklahoma and Arkansas were the two state we passed through with the most cops pulling people over. I saw at least a dozen in OK.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank greenpixey
Seminole, Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed 1 January 2013

During Christmas, the family all gathered in Shawnee. My sister and brother-in-law, and my son and I chose to stay at La Quinta Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We had a wonderful experience. The only glitch in the whole visit (other than forgetting our swimsuits so we couldn't use the pool) was the refrigerator in our room didn't work. Not wanting us to have to wait on a maintenance person on Christmas Eve, we were moved across the hall immediately. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Broken Bow Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I came to Shawnee to watch my son's team in a quiz bowl match the next day. The room was nice and spacious, clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable! Breakfast the next morning was comparable to other hotel chains breakfast. The staff was pleasant especially the front desk night clerk and breakfast attendant.. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again myself.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family