“Very Quiet”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Shawnee
Arkansas
“Very Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

We recently spent the night at this property and had a good stay. It's right off I 40 and easy to find. The staff was friendly and the lobby and room were clean. We were at the end of the hall and the room was very quiet and comfortable. We slept in the next morning and never heard anyone walking down halls to wake us up! They have a nice fridge in the room and a standard breakfast in the morning. If your travels take you through Shawnee, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KBD87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

This would be a great place to stay in any event. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the breakfast was very good. I usually comment on availability of restaurants in the vicinity and I did see some as we hurried to get to the Inn. The hurry was due to the impending tornado that struck the Oklahoma City area on May 31. We'd made reservations several months ago from Florida and had no idea where else to go so we stuck to the plan. About 45 minutes after we checked in we were told to come to the lobby and probably 30 minutes later the sirens went off and we moved to the inside first floor corridor. Thankfully for us the storms split before reaching Shawnee in force. This Inn was filled in part because a number of rooms were occupied by people who had been displaced when there homes were destroyed by the tornado that hit Moore the week before, but you couldn't tell from the cleanliness of the common areas and rooms. The evening of our stay there were only two staff people on duty - the front desk clerk and a maintenance person. The woman at the front desk kept us all together and informed. Her good nature, calm demeanor and sound instructions prevented what could have been a very bad situation from developing and the woman handling maintenance made sure everyone that needed them had blankets and pillows. She helped old folks like me, mothers and fathers with babies in arms, teens down for a softball tournament and dogs keep it together in the hall the whole time. The alert lasted about 2 hours and we were able to go back to our rooms. The next morning breakfast was ready right on time and the maids were right at the job. If the staff at this La Quinta can keep things running so well with that kind of pressure you can be assured that your stay will be a great one in ordinary times.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ml W
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Staff was very friendly, efficient, professional and accommodating. Bed was comfortable and rooms were clean and inviting. Would recommend this hotel to anyone considering a stay in the Shawnee area. Breakfast was average but adequate. I suggested maybe some eggs with bacon or sausage could be added. Other than that a great experience..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Roon was very clean. Evenings were quiet. Only complaint was rolls were not fresh at Breakfast bar. However, the friendliness of the employee made up for the lack of quality of the rolls. Breakfast bar also needed more fresh fruit. No compliant with the room lodcation and cleanliness. Would recommend if you are traveling I-40 through Shawnee, Ok.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

Arrived without a reservation; I typically book online but the "go to sites" truly did not offer discounts in the Shawnee Area. I chose the La Quinta based on the reviews and was willing to pay the $85 after my AAA discount. The staff seemed friendly, however, the desk clerk needs some coaching on grooming. His nails were very long and dirty and it appeared that he had not showered this week. He did not stand to greet me and although I was a female traveling with my teen daughter- he announced very publically my room number and detailed directions to our room. After parking, I was thrilled to see fresh baked cookies, however after seeing his lack of personal hygiene I was afraid to eat them. We took the elevator to our "nonsmoking" room and walked into a strange lingering smell; the pot smoke was thick and hanging in the air. As we exited onto our floor it was very apparent that the contributors were close by.
Exhausted, we retreated to our room and began the routine of restroom, ordering take out and choosing beds. The room was musty so I turned on the air as lights and pulled back the sheets on a bed that just didn't look fresh, but I gave the benefit of the doubt that it was due to well worn sheets. After a few minutes I had my first of many flea bites. I know you are wondering why I didn't leave- it would be due to an extremely long day at OU Childrens hospital and minimal
sleep; we stopped because I simply could not drive the three hours home. I pulled out the Benadryl and hydrocortisone cream and took a quick shower where I found hair and a dirty merit around the sink. I laid a towel in the bottom of the shower and was careful not to touch the curtain or walls with my bare body.
My daughter and I inspected both beds and felt the one closet to the door was "safe"; we are a wonderful Dominos pizza and relaxed with some TV and Facebook and had lights out by midnight. The hotel was quiet and comfortable until about 3:30am when the sound of trucks and people awakened me. I got up to go to the bathroom and got more flea bites- and realized the bathroom had dirty corners.
The TV fortunately had a significant channel choice and I had used the good sized mini fridge, so I made myself a drink and had another piece of pizza- I was thankful that the food had been in a relatively safe place. The AC Unit worked well, the lay out was good although the Chair didn't fit to roll under the desk and was a constant issue until I moved it into the corner. The TV offered a USB port which was handy in charging out phones. The attendant did say that we could get toothbrushes, ect... from him- we were totally unprepared to be staying over. They do offer a breakfast, but I will pass due to my concerns about cleanliness.
I have spent approx 300 nights in a hotel over the past 3 years and this rates on the level of suburban Chicago moderate level extended stay. The decor was semi recently updated, they offer a nice sized work out center and I saw a computer for guest use in the common area and there was a pool. The ice machine was at the far end with the vending choices, but was clean and full. Sadly, I think that this could have been a great choice if the room had been flea free and attention to detail had been paid while cleaning. Fresh and not overly used sheets, a clean mirror, bathroom floor and counters and working light bulbs throughout the room would have been all we needed. The beds are firm, but comfy and the pillows offered a variety. All in all I believe that the place is run well. The clerk was very nice and helpful and well mannered, I just think that discretion is important when addressing room number and guest privacy and that he is the first impression of the hotel. His attire was appropriate and clean, but clean clothes on an unwashed body isn't a good idea- a shower and quick nail trim would have go e a long way. The hotel sliding glass door at the entry was also off track and needed repaired, but it just seemed like a situational matter- not an indicator of what could very quickly become their standard. I just sensed that in our room someone chose to rush job the cleaning; I didn't get the impression from others that they were disappointed in their accommodations. It is now 5:15 and I will lie down a but longer. This is not a bad place, but I would suggest you check the room out thoroughly to ensure it is clean and know that their best discount is in person with a military discount.

• Stayed April 2013
LQ0897GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Shawnee, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
thanks for everything
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I wrote a bad review in Nov 2010 because of the HORRIBLE staff. As a matter of fact, I had not stayed at another La Quinta because of corporates and local management's reaction to my complaint. It had been almost 3 years and my issue had only been with Kendall the spiky hair woman she was no longer there and decided to book my week there. I stayed the week of Easter. The staff was exceptional and went out of their way to be helpful to guests. They were giving the place a fresh coat of paint, it was clean, safe and comfortable. I am very glad I went back and will plan next year to stay the week when I visit my family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Fishkill, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Eastern Oklahoma is beautiful, but there are limited places to stay along this stretch of I-40. This motel proved to be a good pick. We ate at the nearby Red Lobster and were pleasantly surprised by their fresh fish menu.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee
Comfort Inn & Suites Shawnee
Super 8 Shawnee
#4 of 9 in Shawnee
Holiday Inn Express Shawnee I-40
BEST WESTERN Seminole Inn & Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Shawnee? Share your experiences!