“Great Weekend Stay”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Mustang, Oklahoma
“Great Weekend Stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Henry and Kia, the desk clerks that checked us in our rooms, were welcoming, delightful and informative! They were "country-friendly" and Henry was GREAT! Both of them ensured we were orientated about the hotel. The next big surprised were the romms. Modern, clean and roomy! Everything worked and I felt like I was in a fancy apartment than a hotel room! The pool is a salt-water pool and the maintenance man explained how the salt is pulled from the water etc. He said maintenance of the pool is very low compared to the non-salt water pools. Pretty interesting! Heck, they even have a basketball court! We had 2-huge flat-screen TV's and "unlimited" space to store evrything we had with us! The complimenatry full-breakfast was great! Everything from make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, sauage, bacon, toast, yogurt, fresh-fruit, etc, etc etc. They even have biscuits & gravy!
W had two-queen sized beds, a separate living room and a full kitchen...a very modern kitchen! Everything in stainless-steel. Safety is always a big concern and this hotels has the brightest hallways I have ever seen! But, the way that the light the hallways is "fancy." I didn't see any long-tubed bulbs, all great-looking lighting fixtures. There is an outside fireplace with comfortable cushioned seating. I felt like I was on the beach. The hotel also provides gas-grills so you can buy your own steaks and grill away! Then, you can take your food up to "your dining room." The General Manager, Brad W. was truly amazing. He personally called us to see if there was any information or assistance the hotel could provide for us. Wow! We are coming back in September 2013 and guess where we will be staying! Thanks Brad, Henry, Kia and the entire staff!

Room Tip: Book early if you are going to Stillwater, Oklahoma, home of Oklahoma State University. If you are t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We paid a ridiculous amount of money. There was something going on at the college and all the hotels were full, so they jacked the price way up. Rooms were beautiful, clean and fresh. Daily breakfast was amazing, and the pool was excellent. My only problem is, housekeeping never came. We traveled quite a ways to stay here for our grandfathers funeral, so emotions were already high. Still, I couldn't even get more towels or have the trash emptied? I asked about it and of course no manager was available, they promised one would call. It's been a few months now and nothing. You'd hope that if you Pay almost 300 a night you could get housekeeping to come

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed with some friends and family for a football weekend and even with how crazy busy it was, the staff was awesome and on top of their game! Room was great and the kitchen was super handy and just the right size!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 May 2013

New and very modern and clean! Didn't stay long enough to use the kitchen, but the extra room made me feel like I was in an apartment instead of a small hotel room. Met someone on the elevator that said it was the only place he would stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Wichita, KS
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was a great place for everyone, kids had a great time at the enclosed pool, great outdoor basketball court and patio area for everyone's enjoyment. The rooms were huge, with lots of privacy. Price was expensive, but you do get what you pay for in this location

Room Tip: If you have a military discount let them know at your reservation time. There is a big discount.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Brookeville, Maryland
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This Marriott Residence Inn is terrific just about all around (exception below) - it's fairly new in an area of Stillwater where some development is underway, so I imagine prices will go up, perhaps soon. A suite with king bed, living area, kitchenette, full breakfast cost $101 (plus taxes) this month. We found the suite (3rd floor) to be attractive, well laid out, and inclusive of all we'd need to stay a week or two - kitchenette included a nearly full-size refrigerator, toaster, microwave, cook-top, coffee maker, dishwasher plus sufficient pots/pans, dishes, etc. as well as the usual coffee/tea fixings and nice (though not luxurious) towels and an iron. And the bathroom had an exhaust fan, an item sometimes omitted from hotel rooms. The full breakfast was excellent although fresh fruit (in addition to banana) instead of canned fruit cocktail would have made it truly first-class. The buffet included waffles, ham, eggs, ready-to-serve oatmeal, bagels, English muffins, sweet rolls, juices, milk, dry cereal and even tasty burritos. Personnel were helpful and friendly - was a terrific experience for the 2 days we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on an upper floor (4 floors).
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel is my number one choice to stay at the next time I visit Stillwater. Though I didn't have a need for all the amenities such as the kitchen, I found this hotel to be of great value. I understand that this is one of the newer hotels in the area. The general decor reflects that. The lobby is welcoming. My interaction with the front desk was pleasant. I liked the room. It had a modern feel; it was attractive; it was spacious. Most importantly, it was very clean, the bathroom was spotless. Another reason for the high overall rating is the comfortable bed. I must admit, I had a very well-rested sleep. I tend to ask for a room at the end of the hallway to minimize noise. I didn't this time. There was no need. The hotel was well occupied but the people were not at all noisy and/or the room was well insulated from it. Why a five for service? I did have a billing issue after my stay. This was promptly resolved by a quick phone call. The assistant manager was helpful and expeditious. Even as picky as I am, I really can't think of anything even minor that bothered me about this hotel. That's why I had to give it high marks in all categories. I even liked the breakfast particularly because of the many choices, both cold and hot items. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business