“Very poorly managed property”

Residence Inn Stillwater
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Very poorly managed property. On the second morning of my stay my shower did not work. Are you kidding me? The front desk staff response was horrid. I finally got a key to go to another room to shower. I had to take the initiative to ask for the manager to call me, and I had to tell him that he was going to give me a night free - all things he should have initiated. When I returned to my room that day around 3 pm my shower was fixed the room still had not been serviced. It was not done until almost 3:30 pm. The room is comfortable but the plumbing old. You have to hold the toilet handle down a full 3 seconds for it to flush completely.

If you stay here insist on not staying on the first floor. This is a party hotel and the first floor is very noisy. You know when you walk past a room and the door is propped open there is a party in the room - several of those every night of my stay near my room. The lobby is also very noisy at night with people gathering.

Breakfast is adequate but the first morning of my stay the eggs were empty by 6:20 and it took 15 minutes for them to be filled again. Lots of work crews also stay here for some reason so not a great family spot.

Not up to Marriott standards and that is all due to poor management. Staff are not properly trained and key facilities not properly maintained. Avoid this place.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay on the first floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RenoBret
Mark R, General Manager at Residence Inn Stillwater, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your past stay. As the new General Manager, I wanted to respond to your past review. We take great pride in the quality of product and service we offer our guests. I see you had several issues from your past stay and wanted to let you know, those issues have been resolved. I can only hope will give us another opportunity to wow you.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience and I hope you will stop and say hello on your next visit to the Stillwater area.

Best regards and safe travels,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Came to visit my daughter at OK State. The place was clean and the staff very accomodating. Flew all the way from Hawaii to visit and was glad to see a barbeque that I could use to fix my daughter some local favorites. Would recommend this as a safe and affordable place when visiting Stillwater.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very nice place and happy with the hotel. They were a little late on cleaning the room after the first night but overall nice place to stay. Really like the lounge area and being able to relax with friends. Had little areas where we could go to talk and watch a game separate from the main room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We were in Stillwater for "greek discovery day" at OSU. The hotel is not within walking distance to the college. That was the only drawback. Other than that it was a wonderful stay!! The room we were in could comfortably sleep 5. The breakfast was hot and delicious. I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last year, this time to atteend OSU youth soccer camp.

Close enough to everything and everywhere we needed to be.

Friendly staff, great suite on 4th floor, decent breakfast and well tended to. Salt water pool, comfy lobby.

Could use more towels in the pool area.

Will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank kayak0036
Reviewed 26 July 2013

If you are with family or even by yourself and need all the comforts of home, this is the place. A kitchen with fridge, stove, sink, dishwasher and microwave and ample room for people. Awesome complimentary breakfast, nice pool, incredible complimentary "evening social" which is a huge dealmaker when you are vacationing on a budget. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Residence Inn's have sure gone a bit more upscale since the last time I stayed in one. This location is conveniently located to OSU (1 mile away), and the downtown portion of Stillwater.

Clean, efficient and friendly staff. I had the King studio, and it was great from an amenity perspective. Kitchen, fridge, microwave, desks, tables, couch, recliner, a true king bed, and large flat screen tv.

The breakfast was ample, and replenished constantly. The dinner offering was limited, but there was cheap beverages on tap for those that like that kind of thing.

Will stay here again.

Only complaint was the AC system was quite loud.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family