“Wow...what a surprise!”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Wow...what a surprise!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at this property while attending the Special Olympics. I usually stay at the Hampton that is right on Hall of Fame, but didn't get my reservation in soon enough. I wasn't too excited and didn't really have expectations of this hotel because I've never stayed at one of there properties before. Well, what a great surprise! From the moment I arrived I was pleased. The grounds were well kept and inviting. The lobby was nice, inviting and felt warm with the smell of freshly baked chocolate cookies. The young man who checked me in was awesome also. When I opened the door to my room I couldn't believe how much space I had. I've stayed in several suites over the years and none were the size of this room. It was cleaned and smelled freshed. I loved the wood floors in the entrance and bathroom. The jacuzzi in the living room was just what I needed after hours of walking hills and stairs at the stadium. This room and property appeared to be brand new. The bed was just at comfortable as the one at any Hampton that I've ever stayed in. I will definitely stay here again, and would reccomend it to anyone visiting Stillwater.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tvlady911

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
DFW
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When facing an IT problem with their service provider resulting in all of that providers client properties being double-booked for the weekend of May 9-11, this hotel staff did an excellent job of moving/comping enough guests that my family and I were able to travel in from all over the country for a graduation celebration. Good hotel experience except for the res problem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank bchernoff
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

When traveling from Texas to Minnesota on I-35 each spring, we spend our first night north of Oklahoma City. La Quinta's no charge dog friendly policy, we saved a decent amount of money, were able to access a good restaurant across the street and enjoyed nicer accommodations than we have had previously right off the freeway. Well worth driving 12 miles to get to Stillwater!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Karren M
Holdenville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was a nice, clean hotel. The staff was friendly and the rooms were in immaculate condition. The only negatives were we stayed on a weekend and breakfast ended too early and the staff woke us up by knocking on the door at 9:30am. It's the weekend...should have extended breakfast and later cleaning service.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor. We were on the top floor and believe housekeeping was cleaning there first...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Searcy, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Best overall staff anywhere. Easy access to area events. Always stay here when in the Stillwater area. Comfortable rooms and beds. Pool area is clean and large enough for the grandkids to enjoy pool play.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family