La Quinta Inn & Suites Stillwater -University Area
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Stillwater
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel in Stillwater. The rooms were very quiet. I felt the prices were a little high for the area, but it appeared to be full due to several oil company persons staying. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay if visiting the college or Stillwater. It is just far enough out of town to not be involved in the college hustle but close enough to be there quickly if there is business (or kids :) you need to take care of.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelley M
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had a wonderful stay. I will always stay at LQ when I travel if one is available. I know I will get good service, and will sleep well on the comfortable beds. Plus they give a discount and support FCCLA!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank wenhen56
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I went to Cushing Oklahoma for a job and when I got there we couldn't find any hotels so I called around and and the closest available hotel was in Stillwater. I called up there and I was greeted by a gentleman by the name of Chance who was awesome. He was able to get me out of a jam and give me two rooms for the night. The rooms were clean they didn't stink like cigarettes like other hotels were in Cushing Oklahoma but that's a different story. The customer service was great the rates were great and the rooms were clean I enjoyed myself there even if it was just for one day. Thank you Chance for everything you did brother I really appreciate it!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DSaldivar
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The suites at La Quinta provide a large living area that is very comfortable when traveling with other family members. The staff goes above and beyond to meet your needs and the hotel is clean each time we have stayed. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Marcha G
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had such a great experience at a La Quinta in a different city that I joined their loyalty program and gladly made a reservation at the Stillwater La Quinta when I came to town for Continuing Ed.

There was a problem at check in - the problem itself was not the staff member's fault. I made an assumption that I shouldn't have. However, the "Too bad, so sad," attitude as she announced the potential devastation of my plans to a lobby full of eager eavesdroppers was unacceptable. Fortunately, I had the means to resolve the problem and get checked in.

Once in my room, I discovered that achieving a comfortable temperature was impossible. I know what you're thinking - that's true of all hotel rooms. Well, yes, i agree. Temperature control in hotels is a consistent problem. This was worse than that. For my entire two day stay my room went up and down between sauna and freezer.

Worst of all was the internet. Not only does it drop you at frequent intervals and force you to accept terms and conditions before letting you back in, but in between those times you lose connection. I think I spent more time rebooting my computer and trying to get back on the internet than I did actually using the internet. It was profoundly frustrating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business