“What A Wonderful Weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stuart
Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 1 Stuart B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Steve & Pam are just wonderful hosts who made us feel so welcome when we arrived on Saturday.
Told Pam of my wife's GF diet and she worked her hardest to make her feel good! There were cookies for me and apples/cheese for her! Had the room by the pool, but all the rooms are just lovely and comfortable! Wine testing followed by a wonderful dinner with our host to add to the dinner conversation. Great night of sleep (after testing 10 bottles of wine) and then a great breakfast to send us on our way!

Yes, you must go naked into the hot tub, but so what! Live a little and try it - you'll like it!

We will return!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank George B

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were underwhelmed with our two nights. Steve and Pam are the owners. Steve was very good and friendly and available if needed. Pam is a full time teacher who came home grouchy from work and showed it. Spoke negatively about her job. She is tired with working all day and coming home to a home full of strangers and it shows. The meals prepared are merely okay--utility meals. Being served dessert on a plastic plate is not my idea of a great dining experience. They showed great displeasure with the Living Social deal they had made, implying that they had been fast talked into it and that guests coming there with those coupons steal from them. They knew we were there on that deal and still spoke disparagingly of guests who use the Living Social program. Hot tub only available if you got in it in the nude. WHAT??? Steve actually told another guest that. Not acceptable. We have made MANY b/b trips and this did not rate well with us.

Room Tip: There are three guest rooms on this property. All are about the same--the major problem is that thre...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Deborahc620
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We purchased or trip through Living Social for our daughters birthday. My daughter and her husband and my wife and I were excited about spending the weekend sipping wine, playing games and catching up on some much needed rest. We had never been to the Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards before. When we arrived there were fresh warm cookies waiting for us. Steve and Pam were so nice to us and the rooms were clean and comfortable. That evening we had our first wine tasting. These were the white wines. All of the wines were sweet. Steve explained that the most popular wines in there research were the sweet wines so they chose to make sweet wines. They were delicious! My daughter and wife have certain dietary preferences that we had made Pam aware of them ahead of time. She was very accommodating in preparing foods they could eat. After a good quite nights rest we shared a hot breakfast that include homemade biscuits. We spent the day hiking, playing games, taking naps and sipping wine. The solitude of the vineyard was so refreshing compared to our city life. Before dinner we had our second wine tasting which included all the red wines. I couldn't imagine them being as good as the white wines. They were. We liked them all. Our only difficulty was choosing which wines were going to take home. Steve and Pam made us fill at home. They gave us the freedom to do our own thing. We were glad we went.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank js B
Reviewed 27 February 2013

When my husband & I purchased the voucher from Living Social for this two-day getaway, there were no reviews about the Wakefield Country Inn & Winery that indicated they were a nudist retreat center. Upon our arrival, we found out pretty fast. Not because there were nudist guests, but because there were several brochures in our room and Steve made it a point to bring up the nudist nature of their bed & breakfast several times during our stay.

Socialzing was also awkward, as if turning the conversation to nudism was not enough, Steve offered us plenty of information on hormone replacement centers and shared all about how hormone replacement has helped other couples, including him and Pam. If it were his business, and I don't see how, we're newlyweds in our early twenties - libido is not an issue.

It's a quiet place and the cookies were delish. But there isn't very much romantic about sharing a bathroom with other guests, and being in a remote town with no internet access and no TV in the room also made entertainment options severely limited.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth W
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We've been to the Inn several times and go back as often as possible. It's very relaxed, and we always feel at home. Steve and Pam have a talent for hospitality.

We are "relaxers", and this a great place for it. I tend to hang out in the pool when it's warm. My wife likes to read and nap. Great place to do that. For those that want to fish, the pond is a great place. The scenery is a fantastic break from the Oklahoma City skylines.

We have some peculiar dietary requirements, and Pam always accommodates. Just let her know what you need. That's a 5 star qualification.

The wines are sweeter than I usually like, but there are a couple that work well for me. My wife loves all of them. They even found something for my dry tastes. Regardless, we really enjoy the wine tasting. And we take every opportunity to refill our empty wine bottles.

There is no Internet service and cell phone is a bit spotty. That is the very best part! Nobody at work can call me.

It's simply a good place to spend a few days.

Room Tip: Morning Glory is the best. Right next to the pool and hot tub. Plus you get the morning rays.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 435BryanH
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I bought this trip on Living Social, so I didn't really research it beforehand. Therefore I was extremely surprised to know that it was part of a nudist colony...lol. That is not anything I take part in, but that aside, the owners Pam and Steve are very friendly and accomodating to their " non nudist" guests. The food is home cooking and delicious and the wine is outstanding! We had a great time and although a little nervous at first what was expected of us, we quickly became comfortable and enjoyed their company as well as the other guests. My only complaint is the grandfather clock gonged every hour and is extremely loud. I had to use ear plugs to sleep, as it was impossible to sleep any other way. Also, as it is so remote, there was no internet ( not a deal breaker) and there is nothing close by for any other activity. The nearest town with a movie theatre is 45 minutes away. So bring a good book and plan on socializing for entertainment. I learned how to play Farkle and got caught up on my reading guilt free. All in all, I enjoyed my stay for the weekend at the Wakefield Country Inn and Winery.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cdafft
Reviewed 10 November 2012

From the time you arrive to the time you leave you are treated like family and taken great care of. We arrived late and since we were the only couple there the night dinner was held until we arrived and was excellent. The accomidations are great and the atmosphere is wonderful.

Night one consisted of dinner and a wine tasting then off to the heated pool and hot tub located just outside the rooms. The wine is top notch and in fact have several of my local stores carrying it now. After we returned to our room we found fresh baked cookies awaiting us.

The beds are comfortable and if you do find yourself wanting to leave the room there is a sitting room with a tv and games to play. There is also a romantic back porch and a secluded sitting area in the vinyard.

Day two consisted of great meals and more wine. A romantic walk in the vinyard and returned to a wonderful conversation with the owners. I highly recommend this to everyone.

My only advice I offer is dont be suprised when you find out this place is also a nudist colony but only if thats your thing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WAG911

Been to Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards? Share your experiences!