“Oklahoma's Best Kept Secret”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stuart
Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 1 Stuart B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I never knew Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards even existed until we were invited to go with our friends. I felt like I was at home all weekend long! The hospitality and companionship are beyond compare to any other B&B I have ever been to.

Upon arrival there a fresh chocolate chip cookies waiting for you in your room. YUM! Pam and Steve gave us the official tour of the property along with a simple, "let us know what you need." After settling in with our luggage we were invited to the tatsing room for appetizers and a wine tasting. The white wines were first and all absolutely amazing. I decided right then to go home with at least a case of a mixed bag of all of the whites. The dinner was AMAZING! Being the main cook in my home, it was a welcomed change of pace to have 4 star service. Pam's cooking is like the meals "momma used to make." After dinner we retreated to the porch with a bottle of the Reisling. It was so peaceful to listen to the buslte of the leaves on the trees and just hear nature. We saw several animals, but I must say my favorite is the cat, Blacky. He is a mild mannered black cat who was glad for some company on the porch.

After the best night's sleep I have ever had, I was awakened by the sweet scent of homemade biscuits. I grabbed my Wakefield robe from the closet and made my way to the dining room. We had eggs, bacon, biscuits, fresh pineapple, and coffee. I jokingly asked if wine for breakfast was an option.

Once my belly was full, I decided to shower up for the day. The bathroom is quite nice with a spot to sit down and do your make-up as well as a walk in shower.

We opted for the Sportman's package and were soon off to fish in the pond. What a great little fishing hole. I mainly went to take photos of my husband, but saw how many he was catching and decided to give it a whirl myself. Three casts and three fish! After he had his fill of fishing we were off to do a little skeet shooting. There is a perfect spot right by the tree line to shoot. From the porch we heard Pam tell us it was time for lunch.

What a great place for a cookout for lunch! Burgers on the grill and WINE! I took a nap in the hammock while waiting my turn for the massage. After my hour of a relaxing massage, I treated myself to more cookies and wine. I was at a Vineyard after all!

Now time to taste the red wines with more delightful appetizers. Wow, just wow. Hands down the best wine I have ever tasted. All of them were delicious, but my favorites were the Pinot Noir (Sex in the Vineyard) and the Blackberry Melbac (Naked Cowboy). I love the names of the wine almost as much as the wine!

Dinner was next. We had the best roast I have ever had...period. Of course, it had all the expected trimmings of Southern cooking. I do believe the best part of dinner was the salad dressing. Pam makes it with their red wine. So sweet and creamy...would love to know how to make it myself. We also had a home made apple pie (made with the Sweet Temptation green apple Pinot Grigio). It literally melted in my mouth.

After dinner, we enjoyed a soak in the hot tub with a bottle of one of the red wines. It was so relaxing to just look up at the stars and hear the sounds of nature.

We had yet another great night of sleep and another amazing breakfast. We gathered up our things and went to the tatsing room to decide what wines to take home. I left with a case of whites and a case of reds. You buy a case and the 13th bottle is free! We said our goodbyes and as we shut the car door vowed to come back at least once a year. Pam and Steve truly make you feel like family while you are there...not just a guest.

I cannot begin to tell anyone reading this what a truly life changing experience you will have here at Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards.

Ben and NaRissa Anderson

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms to choose from and they are all excellent! 2 of them open to the porch and 1 open...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NaRissa A

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Steve & Pam are just wonderful hosts who made us feel so welcome when we arrived on Saturday.
Told Pam of my wife's GF diet and she worked her hardest to make her feel good! There were cookies for me and apples/cheese for her! Had the room by the pool, but all the rooms are just lovely and comfortable! Wine testing followed by a wonderful dinner with our host to add to the dinner conversation. Great night of sleep (after testing 10 bottles of wine) and then a great breakfast to send us on our way!

Yes, you must go naked into the hot tub, but so what! Live a little and try it - you'll like it!

We will return!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank George B
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were underwhelmed with our two nights. Steve and Pam are the owners. Steve was very good and friendly and available if needed. Pam is a full time teacher who came home grouchy from work and showed it. Spoke negatively about her job. She is tired with working all day and coming home to a home full of strangers and it shows. The meals prepared are merely okay--utility meals. Being served dessert on a plastic plate is not my idea of a great dining experience. They showed great displeasure with the Living Social deal they had made, implying that they had been fast talked into it and that guests coming there with those coupons steal from them. They knew we were there on that deal and still spoke disparagingly of guests who use the Living Social program. Hot tub only available if you got in it in the nude. WHAT??? Steve actually told another guest that. Not acceptable. We have made MANY b/b trips and this did not rate well with us.

Room Tip: There are three guest rooms on this property. All are about the same--the major problem is that thre...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Deborahc620
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We purchased or trip through Living Social for our daughters birthday. My daughter and her husband and my wife and I were excited about spending the weekend sipping wine, playing games and catching up on some much needed rest. We had never been to the Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards before. When we arrived there were fresh warm cookies waiting for us. Steve and Pam were so nice to us and the rooms were clean and comfortable. That evening we had our first wine tasting. These were the white wines. All of the wines were sweet. Steve explained that the most popular wines in there research were the sweet wines so they chose to make sweet wines. They were delicious! My daughter and wife have certain dietary preferences that we had made Pam aware of them ahead of time. She was very accommodating in preparing foods they could eat. After a good quite nights rest we shared a hot breakfast that include homemade biscuits. We spent the day hiking, playing games, taking naps and sipping wine. The solitude of the vineyard was so refreshing compared to our city life. Before dinner we had our second wine tasting which included all the red wines. I couldn't imagine them being as good as the white wines. They were. We liked them all. Our only difficulty was choosing which wines were going to take home. Steve and Pam made us fill at home. They gave us the freedom to do our own thing. We were glad we went.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank js B
Reviewed 27 February 2013

When my husband & I purchased the voucher from Living Social for this two-day getaway, there were no reviews about the Wakefield Country Inn & Winery that indicated they were a nudist retreat center. Upon our arrival, we found out pretty fast. Not because there were nudist guests, but because there were several brochures in our room and Steve made it a point to bring up the nudist nature of their bed & breakfast several times during our stay.

Socialzing was also awkward, as if turning the conversation to nudism was not enough, Steve offered us plenty of information on hormone replacement centers and shared all about how hormone replacement has helped other couples, including him and Pam. If it were his business, and I don't see how, we're newlyweds in our early twenties - libido is not an issue.

It's a quiet place and the cookies were delish. But there isn't very much romantic about sharing a bathroom with other guests, and being in a remote town with no internet access and no TV in the room also made entertainment options severely limited.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth W
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We've been to the Inn several times and go back as often as possible. It's very relaxed, and we always feel at home. Steve and Pam have a talent for hospitality.

We are "relaxers", and this a great place for it. I tend to hang out in the pool when it's warm. My wife likes to read and nap. Great place to do that. For those that want to fish, the pond is a great place. The scenery is a fantastic break from the Oklahoma City skylines.

We have some peculiar dietary requirements, and Pam always accommodates. Just let her know what you need. That's a 5 star qualification.

The wines are sweeter than I usually like, but there are a couple that work well for me. My wife loves all of them. They even found something for my dry tastes. Regardless, we really enjoy the wine tasting. And we take every opportunity to refill our empty wine bottles.

There is no Internet service and cell phone is a bit spotty. That is the very best part! Nobody at work can call me.

It's simply a good place to spend a few days.

Room Tip: Morning Glory is the best. Right next to the pool and hot tub. Plus you get the morning rays.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 435BryanH
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I bought this trip on Living Social, so I didn't really research it beforehand. Therefore I was extremely surprised to know that it was part of a nudist colony...lol. That is not anything I take part in, but that aside, the owners Pam and Steve are very friendly and accomodating to their " non nudist" guests. The food is home cooking and delicious and the wine is outstanding! We had a great time and although a little nervous at first what was expected of us, we quickly became comfortable and enjoyed their company as well as the other guests. My only complaint is the grandfather clock gonged every hour and is extremely loud. I had to use ear plugs to sleep, as it was impossible to sleep any other way. Also, as it is so remote, there was no internet ( not a deal breaker) and there is nothing close by for any other activity. The nearest town with a movie theatre is 45 minutes away. So bring a good book and plan on socializing for entertainment. I learned how to play Farkle and got caught up on my reading guilt free. All in all, I enjoyed my stay for the weekend at the Wakefield Country Inn and Winery.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cdafft

Been to Wakefield Country Inn & Vineyards? Share your experiences!