“Great!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thackerville
WinStar World Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
Dexter, New Mexico
“Great!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed in the new tower for the first time. The rooms are great. They are jazzier than the rooms in the original hotel wing. For some reason, the front desk staff was alot friendlier. They had always been polite and helpful, but this time, they were extremely friendly and welcoming. It is a maze to get from the hotel to the casino, but it is not that big of a deal. I highly recommend Winstar, especially the pool tower, to anyone wanting a great room.

Room Tip: Get a room viewing the pool. The pool is laid out wonderfully, even though it was cold when I was t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank William B
CrystalBynumAGM, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your most review stay. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Crystal Bynum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Trophy Club, Texas, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Recieved two free nights in the new Pool hotel. Very nicely appointed. Comfortable and clean. TV, small frig and coffee pot. Maids didn't leave cups for the second day and didn't make the bed just threw the cover up. If I had been paying for the two nights I would not have been pleased. We ate dinner at the new restaurant in the hotel. Everything was cooked to perfection and quite reasonable. We ate breakfast in the same restaurant and I think the cook needs to check out the menu. An egg white scramble with mushrooms and spinach had jalopeno's added to it and was so hot I couldn't eat it plus the egg whites were yellow!!! Restaurant had only been open about a week so they may still be workiing out the bugs. The hotel is very nice and the registration staff were effecient and friendly. I know things will improve as time goes on!!!

Room Tip: This will be a great place in the summer. Two pools and the area was landscaped beautifully. Poo...
1 Thank Popknits
Thank you for taking time to review your most review stay. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I am sorry to hear about the yellow egg whites in the restaurant. I am sure this was regular eggs instead of egg whites but I will be sure to share this feedback with the team to ensure that it doesn't happen anymore. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Gainesville, Texas
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We booked a Corner Suite in the new Hotel Tower 2 at Winstar World Casino and got a nice room facing the new pool area on the 14th floor. We used the valet and it was very prompt, walked in and the new lobby was decorated in a nice upscale way that was not overkill; it was still very inviting and soothing. The registration staff was extremely friendly and listened to what type of room we would like and made all the accommodations we requested. We were pleasantly surprised with the walkways to the casino and the walkways to hotel rooms with how nicely decorated they were and very glad to see they now have a 24 hour restaurant in the hotel area that is very reasonably priced.

Our Corner Suite had a nice sitting area with a corner sectional, coffee table, desk with sitting chair, cabinet with refrigerator, 42" flat screen TV, coffee maker with a dividing wall between it and the bedroom area. The bedroom area had a very comfortable King pillow top mattress, 2 night stands, armoire with another 42" flat screen TV and a comfortable lounge chair. The bathroom was very large with a nice vanity area, large marble 2 sink area, toilet closet and a large shower with 2 shower heads (one being a large rain shower head). Everything was so nice we had no complaints about the room.

However, the only disappointing thing to us was that it being a nice upscale room and classified as a Suite, it had no soaking bathtub and there was no shower door. The bathroom is so large there was plenty of room for a nice tub and it would had made this room one of the best we had stayed at in this area. Not having a shower door or curtain water splashes everywhere and you have to lay 2 towels down to keep the floor dry. Also, no shower door means you cannot steam up the shower area to stay warm while taking a shower because the bathroom is so large all the heat just leaves the shower area.

The only other disappointing thing to mention is that they do not have a indoor pool area to be a true year round resort. They spent all this money on this beautiful area for the new pool area, yet you can only use it 5 months out of the year. To me, I feel they should at least enclose the older pool area that has a hot tub where you could truly enjoy their resort all year round. Overall, the new tower and room was very soothing with nice colors and very quite rooms where you did not hear your next door neighbor talking or walking above you, nor did you have any hallway noise. Great job overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the new pool area for a nice view of something other than a parking lot.
3 Thank Karen L
Thank you for taking time to review your most review stay at the Winstar World Casino and Resort. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Denton, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My sister received a coupon in the mail from Winstar for a free night at the hotel. When she called to make reservations, all of those rooms were booked, but they did have another room available. The room we had was a smoking room (the only other room available on that Thursday night) and smelled like stale smoke. It was bearable. Otherwise, the room was clean. However, there weren't enough towels. Of course, since the casino has its own restaurants, there was no complimentary breakfast. You could order room service, but it was quite expensive and had an added "delivery charge," which I thought was a rip-off. The nature of room service is that they DELIVER it to you...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review your most review stay at the Winstar World Casino and Resort. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I will be sure to share your feedback regarding the towels to my housekeeping team.

I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2013

On October 19th, I went online to reserve a room for the night of Reba's concert. Everything was going fine, and according to the website, there was a room for just over two hundred with a discount if you were a member. I filled in the member information,and when it took me back to the reservation, the price was approx 25% less than the original price. Thinking that being a member definitely has it's advantages, I booked the room.
Anyway, we drove there early since we knew we had a room. However, while trying to check in, they said we did not have a room. Upon researching my reservation, they found the reservation booked on the 20th. The website, (YES WEBSITE) is set up to choose the next available date / room available from the date you booked it. It does not matter that it is not near the date you requested. The front desk manager said, her words, "it appears in little letters all the way to the top of the screen and you have to scroll to the right to see it." I asked, "So this happens often?" She said, "Yes," I asked, "If it happens this often, when will it be fixed." She remained silent. SERIOUSLY!!!
The only thing they were willing to offer me was a room, at approximately one hundred fifty dollars above the sales price. YES, YES they did have rooms that the website would not allow me to book evidently. (I feel this is a bate and switch scheme. What are you to do after you get there and there is no rooms available near there due to the concert) Also wish to say, I've attempted many times since this experience to force the little letters to appear saying date change due to being full. Have not been able to get those little letters but the website does change the date without notice. (The room was nothing to write home about. Actually on the small side, no microwave, refrigerator, etc.)
Not to mention, the pools, relaxation areas, and doors opening to these areas, were closed due to remodeling. The check in staff didn't care about the situation.
The only way I will go back to this casino is if there is a concert that I can't do without and it will not be playing near my home. But, I will drive and stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere... Bate and switch scheme, at least on days of concerts.
2 Thank mmj777
Thank you for taking time to review your most review stay at the Winstar World Casino and Resort. I am happy that we were able to locate and speak with you directly regarding your complaint. I hope the resolution was satisfactory and proves that we take all feedback seriously and will exhaust every option to follow up with you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further concerns.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the new tower which recently opened.
The decor and lobby are lovely and well designed. I love the chandeliers. Front desk staff were courteous and attentive, as was the bellman. The room itself was beautiful; with sleek designer furniture and satin curtains. Bathroom was spacious, well lit and modern, not to mention spotless. We really enjoyed our stay here and will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank txcornbread

burleson,texas
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We just returned from spending a night in the brand new Pool Tower at Winstar Hotel. The new tower is just beautiful. It has an elegant, relaxing atmosphere.

The rooms are lovely. The rooms are not large but are well appointed. The beds are comfortable with lots of pillows. There is a refrigerator and single cup coffee pot in the rooms. The bathroom is of adequate size with a large shower (no tub).

Our room overlooked the beautiful new pool area. The pool is large. I could see two hot tubs. For you sun lovers, there were lots of loungers. There is a sitting area with a fire pit. This area will make a nice retreat from the casino.

I must say that it is a bit if a walk from the Pool Tower to the casino. I felt like I was in a big Vegas hotel walking from the casino to the room.

The new 360 gaming area in the casino is nice. The lighting in this area is actually pretty cool.

I must commend the Winstar employees. Every one that we have encountered on this visit as well as on many, many visits in the past, has been friendly, courteous, professional and helpful.

I would certainly recommend Winstar Casino and Hotel as a great place to visit.

2 Thank nanaju

Crystal Bynum
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay

Been to WinStar World Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!