“Enjoyed this Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thackerville
WinStar World Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
“Enjoyed this Hotel”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights at the new Tower Two Hotel with my husband. We found the valet, front desk, and bellhop to all be very friendly and courteous. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The hotel connected to the casino, so there was no need to leave the hotel. We had dinner in The Grille, which is a very nice quiet place to have a meal. Our waitress was one of the best we have ever had. She was knowledgable about the items on the menu and provided excellent service. Our food was delicious. My husband had a NY strip steak and I had sea bass. The hotel had provided coupons for complimentary desserts, so we ordered pumpkin cream brûlée and chocolate cake.....way too much for two people! It was a wonderful dining experience. On the flip side, the next morning we had breakfast in the Terrace View Cafe. It is a lovely dining room and we were seated by a window (nice), but it stopped there. our service was extremely slow....at one point I commented to our waitress that the kitchen must be understaffed. When the food finally arrived, it was cold and bland. By that time, we were so hungry, we ate without complaining about it. My husband ordered oatmeal (why would that take long in the kitchen?) and a fresh fruit mixture (which was the best part of the whole meal). I ordered a waffle, which arrived cold. I'm sure it had been sitting out waiting for the waitress to claim it. Not a good experience, but it has potential to be very nice when the employees are up to speed.
We will return to the hotel in the future.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank S C
CrystalBynumGM, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your most recent stay. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the service and accommodations throughout the hotel. We strive to ensure that service is consistent and top notch through the entire hotel for each and every guest. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than acceptable experience at Terrace View Café. I will be sure to take your feedback to the team to ensure we are more prompt with delivery and ensure that temperature of food is acceptable.

I am happy to hear that you will give us another try in the future. Please contact me directly when it is time to make your next reservation.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel is at the world's largest casino, but we were for a concert in the events center. First, it must be recognized that there are no competitors in or even very near Thackerville. The hotel is aggressively priced, and we paid about $325 per night. For a really first class hotel, particularly in a welcoming urban area, that would be acceptable. But for a hotel in Thackerville, it is extraordinary. In return for that price, one might have a reasonable expectation of a great hotel, but you will be disappointed. Marble is replaced with composite, tile with plastic, glamor with kitsch. Furthermore, they don't even get the service right, with employees frequently unable or unwilling to offer assistance or fix problems, offering the excuse that your request had to be handled by someone else. Checking in was a chore, although the desk personnel were friendly. While baggage handling is available, it was not offered. You can't call for your car to be brought up from the complementary valet, because "we don't have a direct line to them". This hotel needs better management and lower prices. If we go back, we will stay in Ardmore or northern Texas.

Room Tip: Go to Ardmore
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank buddymedbery
Thank you for the feedback on your most recent stay. I would love to discuss your stay in more detail, so please contact me directly at 580-276-1301 at your earliest convenience.

Although rates do fluctuate there are offers for reward players at different times throughout the year. Please be sure to ask the reservationist for any promotions or discounts during the time you plan to travel to Winstar.

I am sorry to read that you didn't encounter the great service we deliver to each and every guest. As a management team we train and emphasize the importance of customer service on a daily basis. To make your stay as efficient and enjoyable as possible we offer bellman and valet services. Our bellmen are available when you valet your car and on request at anytime throughout the day. Also, you are able to contact the valet desk directly from your guest room phone to request your car in advance.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Assistant General Manager
Texas
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Got a room on the 12 floor with a view of the pool. Rooms were very nice and comfortable. Has a mini fridge, safe and single cup coffee maker. No tub, but large shower with a large ceiling type shower head. TV was large with cable. Had a side chair with ottoman. Could be a more direct access to the casino. It seemed like I took a different route each trip. A little below the mostly unnecessary extravagances of fancy casino hotels nowadays but clean, quiet, and comfortable regardless.

2 Thank Wichitadave
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your most recent stay. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your guest room along with the various amenities within your room. Tower 1 and Tower 2 are conveniently connected to the casino by way of the first floor of Tower 1.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions or feedback. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Dexter, New Mexico
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed in the new tower for the first time. The rooms are great. They are jazzier than the rooms in the original hotel wing. For some reason, the front desk staff was alot friendlier. They had always been polite and helpful, but this time, they were extremely friendly and welcoming. It is a maze to get from the hotel to the casino, but it is not that big of a deal. I highly recommend Winstar, especially the pool tower, to anyone wanting a great room.

Room Tip: Get a room viewing the pool. The pool is laid out wonderfully, even though it was cold when I was t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank William B
CrystalBynumAGM, Manager at WinStar World Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your most review stay. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Trophy Club, Texas, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Recieved two free nights in the new Pool hotel. Very nicely appointed. Comfortable and clean. TV, small frig and coffee pot. Maids didn't leave cups for the second day and didn't make the bed just threw the cover up. If I had been paying for the two nights I would not have been pleased. We ate dinner at the new restaurant in the hotel. Everything was cooked to perfection and quite reasonable. We ate breakfast in the same restaurant and I think the cook needs to check out the menu. An egg white scramble with mushrooms and spinach had jalopeno's added to it and was so hot I couldn't eat it plus the egg whites were yellow!!! Restaurant had only been open about a week so they may still be workiing out the bugs. The hotel is very nice and the registration staff were effecient and friendly. I know things will improve as time goes on!!!

Room Tip: This will be a great place in the summer. Two pools and the area was landscaped beautifully. Poo...
1 Thank Popknits
Thank you for taking time to review your most review stay. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I am sorry to hear about the yellow egg whites in the restaurant. I am sure this was regular eggs instead of egg whites but I will be sure to share this feedback with the team to ensure that it doesn't happen anymore. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Gainesville, Texas
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We booked a Corner Suite in the new Hotel Tower 2 at Winstar World Casino and got a nice room facing the new pool area on the 14th floor. We used the valet and it was very prompt, walked in and the new lobby was decorated in a nice upscale way that was not overkill; it was still very inviting and soothing. The registration staff was extremely friendly and listened to what type of room we would like and made all the accommodations we requested. We were pleasantly surprised with the walkways to the casino and the walkways to hotel rooms with how nicely decorated they were and very glad to see they now have a 24 hour restaurant in the hotel area that is very reasonably priced.

Our Corner Suite had a nice sitting area with a corner sectional, coffee table, desk with sitting chair, cabinet with refrigerator, 42" flat screen TV, coffee maker with a dividing wall between it and the bedroom area. The bedroom area had a very comfortable King pillow top mattress, 2 night stands, armoire with another 42" flat screen TV and a comfortable lounge chair. The bathroom was very large with a nice vanity area, large marble 2 sink area, toilet closet and a large shower with 2 shower heads (one being a large rain shower head). Everything was so nice we had no complaints about the room.

However, the only disappointing thing to us was that it being a nice upscale room and classified as a Suite, it had no soaking bathtub and there was no shower door. The bathroom is so large there was plenty of room for a nice tub and it would had made this room one of the best we had stayed at in this area. Not having a shower door or curtain water splashes everywhere and you have to lay 2 towels down to keep the floor dry. Also, no shower door means you cannot steam up the shower area to stay warm while taking a shower because the bathroom is so large all the heat just leaves the shower area.

The only other disappointing thing to mention is that they do not have a indoor pool area to be a true year round resort. They spent all this money on this beautiful area for the new pool area, yet you can only use it 5 months out of the year. To me, I feel they should at least enclose the older pool area that has a hot tub where you could truly enjoy their resort all year round. Overall, the new tower and room was very soothing with nice colors and very quite rooms where you did not hear your next door neighbor talking or walking above you, nor did you have any hallway noise. Great job overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the new pool area for a nice view of something other than a parking lot.
3 Thank Karen L
Thank you for taking time to review your most review stay at the Winstar World Casino and Resort. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Denton, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My sister received a coupon in the mail from Winstar for a free night at the hotel. When she called to make reservations, all of those rooms were booked, but they did have another room available. The room we had was a smoking room (the only other room available on that Thursday night) and smelled like stale smoke. It was bearable. Otherwise, the room was clean. However, there weren't enough towels. Of course, since the casino has its own restaurants, there was no complimentary breakfast. You could order room service, but it was quite expensive and had an added "delivery charge," which I thought was a rip-off. The nature of room service is that they DELIVER it to you...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review your most review stay at the Winstar World Casino and Resort. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I will be sure to share your feedback regarding the towels to my housekeeping team.

I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Crystal Bynum
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Lindsay Inn
Lindsay Inn
#1 of 1 in Lindsay

Been to WinStar World Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!