“A nice place to rest” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Winstar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thackerville
Inn at Winstar
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
Arlington, Texas
“A nice place to rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a little slot play and stayed at the inn. It was clean the room was large with a fridge,microwave,coffee maker and a wet bar. My only complaint was the wifi was not very good. I would defiantly go bac. Oh and great staff.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigTex62

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

One of the cleanest hotels I've been in. Also saw people working and cleaning. The desk was courteous and nice. The indoor hot tub and pool was nice, warm and relaxing! They have a small room with slots, just wish it gave me $ back. I will come back!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Dcfd146
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

Proximity was fine, even the establishment was in fair condition for its age (ok, I'm trying to be positive, it really needed a deep cleaning or better yet a thorough remodeling). So I read the reviews before taking Winstar up on a "free night's stay" at The Inn.

Let me start off saying that I never leave feedback (never-ever) and I am not one to talk badly about something that I am not paying for. However I have to pass this on so that others know what to expect.

The RUDE female attendant working the evening of Jan. 01, 2013 (needs to find a different job...hint, hint Winstar). It's odd how the staff at the Winstar Hotel Tower are so friendly and professional, whereas the various employees found within the lobby of The Inn (just a football field length away from the Tower) are less than inviting.

I reserved a non-smoking room and was told upon arrival that we were assigned smoking with no non-smoking rooms available for the evening (according to other reviews, this is an ongoing problem, so I tend to believe this is no accident).

My wife and I are ex-smokers, so we thought we could deal with the smoke smell (after all the casino has an abundance of smokers 24/7, so how bad could a small hotel be)...OMG, it's hard to make it through the room passage hallways without gagging, the room smell and nasty carpet isn't much better. So if you wanna quit smoking, a visit to The Inn may break you!

I can't remark on the remainder of the facility cause we checked out immediately and gladly paid to stay elsewhere for the evening. My mom (as most everyone's parents preach) always said, if it seems too good to be true...it probably isn't exactly what it seems to be and this is certainly the case with The Inn.

Winstar should evaluate the staff and the facility. I would suggest that the Winstar management visit this facility often, cause with a few minimal changes...this could certainly be a promising site for visitors that spent money at Winstar. I generally visit either casino (Winstar or Choctaw) approximately 1-3 times a week.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Left2chance

Travellers are raving about these Thackerville hotels

Conroe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

Recently my husband, son and I stayed at the Inn at Winstar. We had a very enjoyable experience. The room was comfortable, the shuttle service to the casino was convenient, and the staff was courteous. When we returned home I realized that my son left his ipad cord, adaptor/charger in the room. I sent a pre addressed, priority mailer so that it could be returned as per a phone conversation with the staff. I then received another phone call that the adaptor and wall plug came up missing and only the usb cable could be found. The woman was very apologetic, and I said if it couldn't be found to send what they have. Today I recived the cable and adaptor. The apple adaptor was somewhat different, so obviously the hotel went the extra mile and bought a new adaptor to replace the one that came up missing. I will make it a point to stay there in the future!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ConroeSandraJ
Collinsville, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed here October 19, 2012 and was very pleased with everything. I loved that the indoor pool and hot tub are open 24-7. We were not able to get a non-smoking room so I would advise that you take a spray freshner just in case you end up with a smoking room.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Barbara B
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

We had reservations for a non-smoking King Suite at The Inn and got just that except it was much better than we expected. It has been there, right next to the Casino, for a long time under a different name, so we thought the rooms would be old and in need of restoration but they were better than fine. It was a very large room with a window seat. True....I had to heft myself up to sit on it but it was fun and I enjoyed the novelty of it. There was a comfortable chair, sofa, coffee table, and a desk with office chair. The room had a counter with cabinets, microwave, fridge and wet sink.There's a coffee maker on the counter and free bottles of water placed by the bed with chocolates. The decor was average but what counted was the very clean room and bathroom. BTW, the housekeeper couldn't have been cheerier or ready to meet any needs that we might have. There really wasn't anything that wasn't provided right down to the free WiFi. When we arrived at 3pm there was absolutely no wait. Our agent was extremely efficient and congenial. I mean she actually smiled and conversed with us. We were given 2 tickets for the complimentary breakfast which is at The Firehouse Buffet in the casino. We did not use them as we prefer our coffee and tea in the room with time to relax. There was also complimentary coffee and danish in the downstairs lobby. There's a swimming pool etc. but the surprise was a room off the lobby that housed 40 slot machines. We took a look see and the machines seemed to be up to date and in working order. The Casino provides a shuttle that picks up and drops off at any entrance every 15 minutes. Although the slots at the casino were very tight, The Inn was a winner!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank FuntimesTexas
Lewisville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

We're frequent travelers and often stay at the Inn of Winstar. Amazed that some people expect 5-star facilities for one-star prices, thus some negative reviews. We've found the spacious rooms extremely comfortable and large, the staff friendly. The indoor pool is wonderful for relaxation and entertainment, and there's a small casino that supposedly will be linked to Winstar one of these days. The Inn offers two free buffet coupons each day, and a free shuttle that runs from hotel to the casino every 15 to 30 minutes. Our young teenager feels safe and welcome there, as do my husband and I. Friends have gone along on a couple of trips and are equally impressed. Yes, it's a slightly older hotel, but well kept and comfortable. Maids are extremely accommodating, especially when guests treat them with the respect they deserve. We always ask for a king suite, which gives plenty of room and a couch for viewing TV. Our child is perfectly comfortable using the pullout bed. We usually have to ask for linens for that bed, but the staff quickly delivers.

Room Tip: If you are picky about getting stuck in one of the smoking rooms (which we don't mind at all bec...