“Winstar Comp”
Review of Inn at Winstar

Inn at Winstar
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife received a comp for a 2 night stay at the Inn at Winstar for August. She used to get comps for nights at the Winstar hotel, but Winstar has cut way back on the comps.She called on August 2nd and reserved a smoking room with a king size bed. I was surprised because I had received a comp for 2 nights around the first of the month a couple of months ago, and when I called the Call Center, the same morning I received the comp, I was first told there was no vacancy on the days I first asked for, no vacancy on my second ,third, and fourth choices, and was finally told there was no vacancies on any days for the entire month. They would not honor it for the month after. Then why did you mail me a comp if on the same day I receive it, the entire month is already booked? So I was surprised when my wife got a reservation.
When we arrived 9 days later to check in, we were told at the desk there were no king size beds avaliable, but they could put us in a queen size room on a non smoking floor. They blamed the "Call Center" for not getting our reservation right.We were then given a Handicap room on a smoking floor with a Queen size bed. If you have ever been in a Handicap accessable room, the fixtures are designed for wheelchair access, in other words low.
The tv in the room was a flat screen, but was probably the smallest made. The drain in the bathtub, built in, was pulled out into the tub and would not work. The light was out in the entryway, and later I found the one over the window seat was also out. We told the desk as we were leaving, and they had them fixed when we returned.
The bed was comfortable, but when it was made up by housekeeping after the first night, they just pulled the spread up and tucked it in, leaving the bottom sheet wrinkled where we had to straighten it before we went to bed that night. They did change the towels out and empty the trash.
The staff we had contact with were nice, and the pool and spa were clean.
As the room was comped, it was worth the price.0!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TexasSarge

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were all excited, coming to Winstar for my Husbands 50th Birthday! Upon check in we were notifed that "they" had chared my debit card for 19 nights making the charge $2949. OMG, I isntanly knew that wouldnt be approved, "no mam, it was approved" LEAVING MY CHECKIG ACCOUNT OVERDRAWN...The Inn had just stolen $2949 that I did NOT authorize..Now what was we suppose to do, We had a party of 24 coming to meet at Windstar Casino ElFeix restaurtant with no way to pay. All my transctions are done thru my Debit Card I explained and we have no cash with us. "I'm sorry mam, theres nothing we can do util Monday or Tuesday when we can credit your account back." No gas money, no way to buy food, We were Compleatly SHUT DOWN untill thier convience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank 2131Becky
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel had 3 exceptional things 1. Exceptional staff 2. Comfortable bed 3. Awesome showerhead. Rooms need to be updated. Large walled mirrors with overhead lighting made me feel like I was in a hospital room. Did not feel like a relaxing vacation hotel at all. We did like the small window seal cushion big enough for a slender body to sleep on if needed. Not worth the money - I would encourage you to spend a little bit more and stay at the Winstar Hotel adjacent to the casino.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ktb0421
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights, 26 and 27 Jun 13. Slept wonderfully. Yes, some of the furnishings are older but had a flat screen tv and great beds. Felt comfortable from arrival until we checked out. Personnel were friendly and very helpful. Room was clean and housekeeping were great. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Room looked like something out of the 80s, complete with old tube-style color tv. A/C was cranked up all the way when I walked in, which I found out later made the carpet quite wet around the unit. This in turn made the room smell musty. It took them 2 days to address this. Also, tacks around the bathroom door stabbed my feet. The whole carpet felt sticky. Towels were so unabsorbent that I never felt dry after using them. Bed was worn out. Pillows were rocks. Used washcloths not removed by housekeeping one day. One bar of soap?

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank branedamag
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I choose this hotel over the other 3 in the area. The staff is excellent, Crystal, Susie and everyone is great. They make me feel like I am at home. You get a free breakfast from winstar buffet, free long distance and the most comfortable bed ever. Some of there furniture is a little old, bur really, who sits at the desk any way? What do you get at the fancy hotel 1/2 mile away. Nice room, yes..... but No free candy...water...long distance or any kind of breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Unfortunately our stay started off poorly. After a long weekend of youth sports we checked in hoping to relax, eat well and go swimming. We picked the Inn over the casino hotel because of the indoor pool and the fact that the poker room is just as far from the Inn as it is from the main hotel. We have stayed at the casino hotel before. The service at check in was mildly friendly at best. Once we went up to the room we unfortunatey found some issues with cleanliness in the room. We called down to the front desk and someone offered to come up with keys to a different room so not a big deal we would just move. Unfortunately while we were waiting we found some issues on the other side of the bed that were completely unacceptable and had us wanting to leave in a hurry. The service manager came up offered immediate apologies took us to another room that as it turned out had not been cleaned yet. They did offer us another room and even brought the head housekeeper up to ensure the room was clean. After a long drive and a weekend in the sun we decided to stay. Once we got settled in the overall stay was decent. The indoor pool was pretty big for an indoor pool and the area was clean. Got to say though I love a hot tub with hot water, but the hotel hot tub was a bit to hot for me. The casino shuttle does stop by the inn about every 15 minutes which was great. One perk the Inn offers that the main hotel did not was breakfast buffet tickets which we took advantage of. The casino buffet was small but it was free so no complaints. Overall we would like to think that the cleanliness issues , though they were severe were the result of one lazy employee and not a reflection of the entire staff. The service manager and head housekeeper did seem sincere in their apology and worked hard to ensure we were satisfied with the service so we will likely give the Inn another shot at the end of summer.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LosHinos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Lindsay
Comfort Suites Gainesville
Comfort Suites Gainesville
#4 of 12 in Gainesville

Been to Inn at Winstar? Share your experiences!