“Poor Customers Service”
Review of Inn at Winstar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thackerville
Inn at Winstar
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Thackerville
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Accommodation of inconvenience.
Poor customer service. Not a very good value. Terrible receiptionist at receiption desk. Breakfast made for birds. Make decisions not to gamble anymore after visited this place.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Ei W

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Inn at WinStar on the grounds of the WinStar Casino. The hotel wasn't anything fancy, but was neat and clean.....pet friendly. The rates were reasonable. Staff was friendly and helpful. There is a shuttle that comes by about every 15 minutes and will take you to the casino, restaurants, the golf course, etc. The golf course(s) are in great shape and are fun to play. We will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: I-35 runs along the West side of the property, so there is some highway noise. Pet-friendly hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jackson_Hole819
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I recently received 2 comp nights at the Inn. I had previously stayed at the hotel, but my daughter and I went and tried the Inn. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was great! We were provided free breakfast buffets, the room was very nice, and there was less night hall noise that at the main hotel. Also, the room was made up which they do not do at the higher priced hotel. I think it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sallie L
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife received a comp for a 2 night stay at the Inn at Winstar for August. She used to get comps for nights at the Winstar hotel, but Winstar has cut way back on the comps.She called on August 2nd and reserved a smoking room with a king size bed. I was surprised because I had received a comp for 2 nights around the first of the month a couple of months ago, and when I called the Call Center, the same morning I received the comp, I was first told there was no vacancy on the days I first asked for, no vacancy on my second ,third, and fourth choices, and was finally told there was no vacancies on any days for the entire month. They would not honor it for the month after. Then why did you mail me a comp if on the same day I receive it, the entire month is already booked? So I was surprised when my wife got a reservation.
When we arrived 9 days later to check in, we were told at the desk there were no king size beds avaliable, but they could put us in a queen size room on a non smoking floor. They blamed the "Call Center" for not getting our reservation right.We were then given a Handicap room on a smoking floor with a Queen size bed. If you have ever been in a Handicap accessable room, the fixtures are designed for wheelchair access, in other words low.
The tv in the room was a flat screen, but was probably the smallest made. The drain in the bathtub, built in, was pulled out into the tub and would not work. The light was out in the entryway, and later I found the one over the window seat was also out. We told the desk as we were leaving, and they had them fixed when we returned.
The bed was comfortable, but when it was made up by housekeeping after the first night, they just pulled the spread up and tucked it in, leaving the bottom sheet wrinkled where we had to straighten it before we went to bed that night. They did change the towels out and empty the trash.
The staff we had contact with were nice, and the pool and spa were clean.
As the room was comped, it was worth the price.0!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TexasSarge
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were all excited, coming to Winstar for my Husbands 50th Birthday! Upon check in we were notifed that "they" had chared my debit card for 19 nights making the charge $2949. OMG, I isntanly knew that wouldnt be approved, "no mam, it was approved" LEAVING MY CHECKIG ACCOUNT OVERDRAWN...The Inn had just stolen $2949 that I did NOT authorize..Now what was we suppose to do, We had a party of 24 coming to meet at Windstar Casino ElFeix restaurtant with no way to pay. All my transctions are done thru my Debit Card I explained and we have no cash with us. "I'm sorry mam, theres nothing we can do util Monday or Tuesday when we can credit your account back." No gas money, no way to buy food, We were Compleatly SHUT DOWN untill thier convience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank 2131Becky
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel had 3 exceptional things 1. Exceptional staff 2. Comfortable bed 3. Awesome showerhead. Rooms need to be updated. Large walled mirrors with overhead lighting made me feel like I was in a hospital room. Did not feel like a relaxing vacation hotel at all. We did like the small window seal cushion big enough for a slender body to sleep on if needed. Not worth the money - I would encourage you to spend a little bit more and stay at the Winstar Hotel adjacent to the casino.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ktb0421
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights, 26 and 27 Jun 13. Slept wonderfully. Yes, some of the furnishings are older but had a flat screen tv and great beds. Felt comfortable from arrival until we checked out. Personnel were friendly and very helpful. Room was clean and housekeeping were great. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thackerville
Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
Super 8 Gainesville TX
Super 8 Gainesville TX
#3 of 12 in Gainesville
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville

Been to Inn at Winstar? Share your experiences!