“Great location.off i35”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$99.00*
and up
90-Minute Scenic Shuttle Ride to Winstar World Casino along the Texas-Oklahoma...
More attraction details
Owner description: WinStar World Casino and Resort has more games than any casino in the world! Offering more than 7,400 electronic games, 120 table games, a 3,500-seat Global Events Center, 27-hole golf course and academy, and a 895-room hotel. Located just north of the Oklahoma/Texas border along Interstate 35, WinStar World Casino and Resort presents 24/7 gaming action, world-class entertainers and a wide range of restaurants. WinStar World Casino and Resort is an economic enterprise of the Chickasaw Nation.
Houston, TX
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Great location.off i35”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stopped into casine on drive from tx to ok. Nice assortment of machines and tables to satisfy most gamblers. Not busy during daytime so lots of space.

Visited July 2014
Jillian F, eCommunity Manager at WinStar World Casino and Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hello,

I am glad you stopped by on your way through. I am also happy to hear that you had a good time with us. We certainly do have a lot of machines to choose from. I hope we can see you again soon and that your visit is just as great as the first one!

Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Winstar notorious for refusing to pay jackpots--Bunch of crooks!!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

As an avid gambler we had decided to switch Casinos from gambling at Choctaw in Durant Oklahoma to Winstar in Thackerville. Well let me tell you however tight Chocataw may be, they do at least pay their jackpots and never have I heard of them refusing a payout. Winstar on the other hand is another story, (just search it on the web) we won a mere jackpot of $1625 and they refused to pay it out due to a small rip in the ID presented. They insisted on taking out taxes right away although we have a personal CPA and pay taxes at the end of the year. We had a friend hit a $64,000 jackpot and after celebrating and taking pictures, they tell him "sorry there was a glitch and we can't pay you. Are you kidding me!! What crooks!! Stay away. I've read and heard numerous stories like this about WINSTAR CASINO!

18 Thank mjd5231
Hello,

I definitely understand your frustration with not getting paid the money you had won. There are strict rules which we must follow with identification, and at times, unfortunately, we do have machines that malfunction. We do everything we can to make sure the machines are properly working, but that is not always possible. Again, I completely understand where you are coming from and I sincerely apologize for your experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I want to know why the stopped the bussing service”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Since the stopped bussing service allot of older people can't get to the casino we all depended on the bus because it was much easier to get there why if anyone knows was it stopped???????

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Perkie50
Hello,

In March, we decided to not renew our contract with the busing service. We did this because we thought the money would be better spent on improving promotions at the casino. I am very sorry that you were affected by this decision. At this time, we do not have any plans to bring back the buses, but if we do I will let everyone know. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

DeSoto, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Slots sucks”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have visited WinStar Casino several times the past two months, we haven't come close to winning anything. On one slot machine I put in a $20.00 bill and got nothing on every spin. "Rip City."

9 Thank Howard A
Hi Howard,

I am very sorry that you did not have a great time with us. I can understand the frustration in not winning anything. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Rude,Rude and Rude”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been going to Winstar since the beginning of Winstar. Back when it was just a tent on the side of i35. Back when they actually gave you comps, back when the dealers were nice to you because they were able to keep their tips, back before the major expansion and the change in behavior of the staff and management. What it boils down to is this, every time they send me coupons for a free room I call to reserve the room they act like I am an inconvenience to them, they are not friendly to me and they never, ever, ever, ever have a room, EVER! Like last night for instance, I approached the check in desk and asked with a smile on my face "what are the chances of there being any availability for this evening?". The woman says to me "So, you don't have a reservation"? and I said to her no, I do not, and she says "well, you'll have to go over to the vip desk". She was the least bit friendly to me, did not smile, and treated me as if I was an inconvenience to her, just like when I call them on the phone. So, I go across the room to the VIP desk, I stand at the Please wait here sign and I observe no other guest in this room, three employees looking like they are working so hard at something on their computers and again look at me as if "oh great, someone else who is going to ruin my night", finally the woman says to me can I help you, and I walked up with a big smile on my face and politely ask "what are the chances of me getting a room for tonight? She says, let me check and proceeded to type on her computer, she then says to me "I have a room available for $269.00", I asked if my rewards card will help with the price and she looks at me as if she was thinking to herself "just great. or you wish", and says to me "no, it doesn't change the price". So, I said let me call my wife and ask her if she wants the room. Of course my wife did not want to spend that much money for one night.
So, again I struck out on getting a room at Winstar World Casino and Resort. I swear, it's almost as if they do not want guest to stay at their hotel. Why on earth would they treat people so rudely when the people they are treating this way are there to spend their hard earned money in the casino? Had they given me a room last night I would have spent the entire night at the casino gambling. My wife would have stayed at the black jack tables until 4 am like she does when we are welcomed at the Horseshoe Casino in Shreveport Bosier City La. and I would have played the slots all night long. Why would they not want us to spend our money with them? We ended up playing cards, a few slots, ate dinner at Toby Keiths (cold food) bar and grill and then hit the road back home to Grapevine around 10:30 so we could be home by midnight. Had they given us a room we would just now be leaving the casino today by 11 am to be home by noon, not midnight. Winstar, you guys make me want to drive the 3 hours to the Horseshoe Casino so that I can feel like I am a welcomed guest, a valuable customer, someone who they treat with respect, just like you guys used to do back in 2004, back when you would at least give my wife and I a free meal to Stone Ranch, or a free Buffet, back when you guys acted like you cared about your customers. I feel now you have gotten too big for your own good and have forgotten who helped you get to the size that you are now in the first place, the Texans who live south of your Red River. I think next time I will drive east and cross the Red River into Shreveport.

16 Thank Bryan R
Jillian F, eCommunity Manager at WinStar World Casino and Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hi Bryan,

I am terribly sorry that you had a bad experience with our hotel. That is certainly unacceptable. I will pass this review along to management, so that they will be aware of the issue. Again, I am very sorry. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Jillian F.