“Not the best but OK”

Days Inn & Suites Tulsa Airport
Ranked #78 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
“Not the best but OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a handicap room because we wanted the first floor. There were some scuffs and things on the wall and it did not appear to be very clean. breakfast was good they served the usual assorted cereal,muffins, sausage and eggs, bananas and yogurt. I would prefer not to stay there again but it is the only choice hotels in the area. also the wifi is terrible.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Karen M
comfortnnairporttuls, Webmaster at Days Inn & Suites Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have taken the observations.

The hotel is run by a new management and we pay special attention to the cleanliness, amenities and hospitality.

We would like to invite you to once again choose the Comfort Inn, Tulsa during your next visit and can assure you a new experience.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I didn't expect much because of the location and motels are not my favorite but I wanted something romantic for this holiday and it's the only king bed/jacuzzi suite under a hundred dollars a night. The jacuzzi is clean and it's surrounded by a beautiful mirror. I would recommend this room, especially for a special occasion like an anniversary or birthday.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Lucedale, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I noticed when I drove up that this was not the "nicest" part of town. The bottom floor rooms opened outside which I did NOT like. Luckily I was assigned an upper floor room which opened inside a hallway. Check-in was a little slow as they had computer problems but not too bad. The room was ok, but I could tell by the floor and ceiling that there had been a couple of leaks in the past (it was pouring rain when I checked in).

About 10pm, I looked out the window to see police cars nosed towards the front door. Being a concerned citizen (nosey), I went to get some ice. The police were questioning what appeared to be a local "working girl" right there in the lobby! I finally got tired of listening and went back up to my room to get some sleep (or so I thought)

As soon as I turned off the TV, I was given the pleasure of hearing the "love fest" next door. Given the earlier encounter in the lobby, I wasn't sure if this was a business transaction or just an amorous affair.. Drowning out the noise with the fan I finally got to sleep.

4am I awoke to the steady "drip..drip" of another leak in the ceiling. I found the leak and put the garbage can under it. (thankfully it was not over the bed or my computer). I told the manager about the leak later that morning and he did offer me another room. By then it had stopped raining so I just stayed put. I stayed another night with nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe it was just a bad night.

Breakfast was OK with eggs,sausage,waffles, etc. Bathroom was really clean and the water pressure was very good. The bed was very comfortable. So, in spite of everything the stay was tolerable for a couple night's business stay.

Room Tip: Demand an upper room to be safer.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Comfort Inn, Tulsa during your last stay.

We have referred your review and appreciate your observations. We shall take it wholeheartedly for improvement.

The Inn is being run by a new management and please note that we have checked and improved upon all the observations and you can be assured of a better stay next time.

Please do visit us and we shall be more than happy to serve you.

Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times always for the purpose of having a convenient place to sleep before catching an early morning flight from TUL, but the location isn't particularly close to other attractions. The hotel is a typical no-frills property with reasonable prices, including state-rate and government-rate rooms. There are still smoking rooms at this hotel so if some smell of smoke is objectionable then you should find another place. I don't find it objectionable, but it is noticeable. Breakfast is limited but there are usually waffles and boiled eggs along with the standard cereal, fruit, etc. The beds are average and the rooms are somewhat worn. For me this hotel has utility, but there's nothing special about it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor at the front of the hotel have an additional exterior door directly to the...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Comfort Inn, Tulsa.

Thanks you again for sparing your time to put a review with straight observations which will definitely help us to improve.

The hotel is run by a new management and we are continuously improving our rooms, amenities and other points related to cleanliness, security etc.

We would love to see you again at our hotel and we will definitely give you a nice experience.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I really wish I had checked Tripadvisor before I reserved the room at this location. I didn't have time and I won't make that mistake again. I am a single female and security really means alot. I don't feel secure at this hotel. It smells of smoke even in the lobby! I am a light smoker but always reserve non smoking rooms at hotels because I don't believe smoke should be inside an enclosed area. I smoke and the stench from the smoke is unbearable! I am unfortunately here now. If it weren't so late I would be finding another place to stay. Now I have to stay up vigilant for my safety in this awful smell! I could cry. The smell is horrible. Why take my reservation for a non smoking room? I would have reserved elsewhere if there wasn't one available.

I can't wait till morning to get out of here. The stench is unbelievable!! Oh and there is a hole in my wall and the walls are dirty.

Stay away - especially if you are a female alone and security is a concern.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank D O
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Comfort Inn, Tulsa.

We are sorry for the inconvenience due to the smoke issue howsoever.

The hotel is run by a new management and you can be assured that such a report never comes again from any guest and the hotel is fully secured at all times.

You can have a comfortable and secure stay next time. Trust us and visit us again.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Henryetta, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

I was looking for a hotel near a casino in tulsa and this one was the only one that had rooms open and had a shuttle to and from the casino. I have stayed with comfort inn before and had good experiances. When i first checked in i was a little upset cause i had reserved 2 smoking rooms, but they only has one when we got there. But even then they were very helpful trying to get me into another smoking room. The gentleman at the front desk was very awsome and the secuity gaurds they had were great. I would recommed this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brandyo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

This was a comfortable unit in a good location for me as I was traveling on I-44. Although there is a tremendous amount of road construction in and around Tulsa in was not too difficult to find this Motel. The staff I dealt with were great and I stayed here twice within a week and had the same good experience both times with different staff members. They were fast, efficient and friendly with one exception. The guy working the breakfast and desk one morning was not too thrilled to be working and it showed. I think he was just annoyed at having to work. The rooms were pretty good and everything worked, i.e. refrig, microwave, lights, shower, internet, TV, clock radio, telephone. The bed was comfortable and the motel itself was quite and good for sleeping. The breakfast offered is good and simple. I stayed facing the Interstate and I couldn't hear much. I found this location to be a good place to stop, rest and move on.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo