“Pleasant stay, great value, one minor drawback”

Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I traveled to Tulsa for the weekend with my girlfriend and wanted an upscale place to stay at an affordable price. The Hyatt Place was a great combination of the two-- the rooms were quite large and well furnished, the facilities were newly renovated and the included morning breakfast buffet was above average. There was also free wifi internet, which costs extra at most luxury hotels. To top it off, the price couldn't be beat; I paid $81 for one night on a Saturday, which was among the cheaper rates I found when researching hotels for that night.

The hotel is about a 15 minute drive from downtown, but there are a lot of restaurants and stores nearby so you don't feel like you're out in the boonies. The surrounding area is actually very scenic with rolling hills and upscale subdivisions.

The only drawback was that the housekeeping staff was a little loud in the morning and could be heard in the hallway outside our room talking loudly. To be fair, though, it wasn't until around 9 am that we heard any noise.

Overall the hotel was comfortable, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the included freebies were a great perk. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Views facing west from the 5th or 6th floor afford a pretty good view of the hills surrounding Tulsa...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
DirectorofSalestulsa, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Hello! Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed all that we have to offer. I am sorry that our housekeeping staff was a little loud in the morning. We will speak with our housekeeping staff. We hope to have you in again the next time you're in Tulsa!

Reviewed 26 January 2013

I will probably pass on this hotel next time. I like staying at Hyatt Place because it affords extra room for a reasonable price. However, if you are wanting a room that allows you to stay connected to the Internet you will be disappointed. The Internet in our room was very very slow. The good news is that they do have two computers downstairs but that is a disappointing
Solution to the problem. Otherwise a pleasant room.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your response. We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and fair prices. I apologize that you experienced an issue with our internet. We have state-of- the-art complimentary, WiFi throughout the hotel and it is among the best offered at any Hyatt Place in the country . If you ever have any issues with the WiFi we encourage you to call the front desk. They can help with any issues and promptly rectify the situation.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

The staff were very accomodating, especially as we were checking in around midnight. The breakfast was fresh, hot and of good variety. The room was comfortable, clean, and met our needs. The location is convenient. We will absolutely stay there on our next visit to Tulsa.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor will have a higher than average amount of noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Very disappointed that this hotel offers government rates ONLY to government contractors & state government. There are NO government rates available for US government or for US Military.

I also didn't like that they have 2 DOUBLE beds in the room instead of 2 queen beds. Who sleeps on double beds anymore?

We will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a King room unless you like small DOUBLE beds!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

I am sorry that someone told you that we do not offer government rates for national or military. We do indeed offer these government rates. The government/military rate is $77 (the 2013 government Per Diem for Tulsa, OK). In the future, if you'd like to make a reservation with a government rate please feel free to call our reservations line or the sales office. Thank you for your reply!

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Great value. Very friendly staff. The rooms are spacious with a large flat screen and desk area. The bed is comfortable with plenty of pillows. Good location with a safe, well lit parking lot. Quiet and comfortable. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had to be in Tulsa overnight and this was close to the location where I was going. Check was quick and smooth. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Suite was nicely laid out, Bed was comfortable. Plenty of room. Huge TV, good computer work area. All in all, a nice stay. It is next to a busy highway and in the flight path of the Tulsa International Airport but still noise was at a minimum. Good breakfast as well.

Room Tip: I had to be in Tulsa overnight and this was close to the location where I was going. Check was quic...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights. My first night, while on my computer in the lobby, the manager started yelling at one of her employees in front of many guests. And it didn't end. It seems that the lady has issues. Deep issues. She yelled to three employees at the lobby making a scene. A guest who asked about pets being allowed at the hotel was also yelled at by this manager. I don't know how can someone manage a hotel and have that attitude with staff and guests. Very unprofessional. I work for a magazine in New York City, have stayed in several hotels, and I have never seen a manager treat her employees and guest that way. Hotel with great staff but bad bad manager.
Next day while at the bar in the lobby, the manager again, yelled and was emotionally abusive to one of the front desk agents. Me and my friends went to the girl at the front desk and told her that she was doing a good job.
I am never staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business