“Great hotel in the perfect location”

Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District
Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Fullerton, California
“Great hotel in the perfect location”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Excellent hotel and service near some great dinning! Room feels like you are in a small home. Charleston and McNellie's pub are within walking distance. Big screen tv and very clean room with Starbucks coffee free for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you while in Tulsa. We hope that your travels will afford us the opportunity to continue to be you place of choice when you are in "Green Country."

I have shared your comments with our staff so that they know their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
James H. Moore
Reviewed 21 January 2014

A great hotel. The room, with a king-bed and a queen pull-out was perfect for our family. The breakfast was included in the price and among the best I've see in this price-range of hotels. And the staff was quick and ready to serve. They even pulled out an ice-scraper for me to use when we woke up to thick ice and snow.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

"Amazing Stays" are what we strive for every day with every guest and I am so pleased to see that our efforts paid off and we have made you a believer when you are in the Tulsa Metro Area.

We know that when travels take you away from your home it is important that you stay some place you can call you "Second home" and I hope we have met that criteria for you. I have shared your comments with our staff and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
Glendale, California
Reviewed 18 December 2013

A typical Hyatt Place experience with a terrific all-included package (wifi, newspaper, breakfast, parking) at a very reasonable price. Friendly and helpful staff. I was doubtful because of location but even though it is somewhat remote from downtown/freeways, it is central to the "newer" area of Tulsa including shopping and fine restaurants. I could walk to Mahogany Steakhouse which is part of same complex, just a few minutes away on foot.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful comments you posted. We are very please that your stay was a success and that you found the area of town suitable for you lodging needs. We take great pride ensuring that every guest receives that Hyatt experience they have come to enjoy and expect. I will make sure our staff is aware of this positive feedback so that they know their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

It is our wish to serve you again the next time you are in Tulsa an we hope that you will consider this your home-away-from-home.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Hyatt Place is our favorite place to stay no matter where we go. It's modern, the rooms are huge, the wifi is free, and the breakfast is good. And it always smells good too! This Hyatt Place was no exception, and the desk clerk was helpful and funny.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your most recent post on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to see that your experience at our property exceeded your expectations. Our goal is to provide exceptional service to every guest that walks through the door and your post is a testament to our efforts.

I will ensure that the staff gets to read this post so that they know their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Once again, thank you for your loyalty and continued support of our brand and property.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here during a cross-country road trip. Our car had broken down the day before and we were badly behind schedule, low on cash, and in terrible moods as we drove up to the Hyatt Place at about 10pm. We were pleasantly surprised to find extremely helpful and understanding front desk staff. They sorted out a minor reservation issue quickly and professionally, and then held the bar open a minute or two late for us so we could grab a glass of wine at the end of our long day. They also provided helpful recommendations for where to buy junk/comfort food!

The room was good, this was the first time we have stayed at this particular Hyatt brand and we found it to be nice, I'd say slightly more upscale than a Courtyard Marriott. Furnishings were in good shape and I don't remember anything about the bed so it must have been suitably comfortable. Can't speak to the location since we were only passing through and don't know the area well.

We would definitely return for any future visit to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guests,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor and your most recent visit with the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District. We appreciate your kind words. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest that walks through our do and I am happy that we achieved that goal with you.

I will be sharing your review with my staff so that they know their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back our property again in the near future.
Lake Arrowhead
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Love the Hyatt Place chain! Large rooms, attractive furniture, great breakfast and free wifi; oh, did I mention the large rooms? This place is a total winner, and Ron at the front desk was as charming as could be.
We also stayed over Thjanksgiving weekend and had a quiet corner room on the top floor. Never heard a peep out of anyone. Breakfast was good each morning and included in the cost. Several hot options available which changed thruout the week. Room staff did an excellent job of maintaining our room; we couldn't have been more pleased. Good location with several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank so much for your kind words and most importantly your most recent stay at the Hyatt Place. Our staff strive to ensure each guest's experience ends up like yours. I will make sure your review is shared with them so they know their hard work has not gone unnoticed.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future and I encourage to share each of your experiences on TripAdvisor.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday to be near family living close by. We had reserved 2 rooms and asked for them to be in a quiet location on the top floor. When we stepped off the elevator (only 1 of 2 worked most of our stay) our room was literally across from the elevator door! Not my idea of a quiet location! Husband went back down to ask for a different room & I waited 5-10 minutes for him to return only to discover that they had given him the room with the wall that adjoined the elevator shaft! Wow! I went down next because 3rd time is the charm. No rooms left on top floor, so opted for last room on hallway of 5th floor and turned out to be fairly quiet room. However, I would ask for a room on the backside of the hotel, away from the traffic noise of Yale Ave. and the Sonic. Friday night was noisy outside.

Room was just ok as the furniture and carpet were looking worn even though the extra space was nice. They do need to put luggage racks in the rooms so that your suitcase doesn't have to sit on the floor. The bathroom floor was not very clean either, as when we arrived there was hair on the floor and it wasn't mine! Yuck!

We saw several guests with dogs on leashes walking around the lobby. I always check to see if a hotel allows pets because I prefer to stay in those that do not. I checked the room and found a laminated card with rules, etc for the hotel and sure enough, at the bottom it stated that it was a pet free, smoke free hotel with a $200 fine for either! So are guests just willing to pay the $200 fine and the hotel looks the other way??

Lastly, the morning we checked out we were leaving early at 6 am. We went to the desk to turn in the room keys and not a soul was in sight! What kind of security is that?? We knocked on the office door w/no answer and then just stood around and waited about 5 minutes. Finally, a man came around the corner and I mentioned that we had been standing there wondering where the front desk staff were. He said, he wondered as well where his desk clerk was and immediately a man came from around another side from somewhere! I wasn't impressed with the professionalism. If we ever need another hotel room in Tulsa to visit family, I think I'll try another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel to be away from the main road and restaurant noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most recent post on TripAdvisor. Your review is very important to the growth and success of our organization. We want you to feel confident that the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District is the right place for you. Your comfort and happiness is our #1 concern.

I can see from your post that there were several opportunie that negatively impacted your stay and for this I am extremely sorry. At no point should you have ever seen any hairs in your room during your stay (much less a clump), Every room is cleaned and inspected and this should have never have been an issue and I am sorry we failed you in that regard..

Every room should have a high quality-wooden luggage rack in the closet next to the vanity in the room. If this was not in there I will ensure this addressed and if need be we will purchase another one.

I would like to clarify the comments about the "Pet Free" policy and $200.00 fine. I am not sure where you would have read this as Hyatt Places as a brand are Pet Friendly and must adhere to strict standards in order to accomodate our guests. We welcome dogs as if they were a guest in the hotel and know that many people traveling seem to appreciate the fact that thier extended family have a place to stay when they travel. Hyatt Place allows dogs to stay at their hotels and the brand has a $75.00 non-refundable pet fee that is applied to accounts (with the exception of a service animals). Their is additional fee applied for any guest who stay longer than 10 days as additional cleaning is reuqired to ensure the room is clean and safe for the next guest staying.

I also understand that you had to wait at the unattended Gallery Host Stand for 5 minutes the morning of your departure.. I am truly sorry this happen. From time-to-time our overnight employees have to leave their post to attend to other duties such as delivering newspapers, express check-out folio or set-up the complimentary breakfast for the guests. Typically they are not away for long periods of time and I understand your time is valuable and you shouldn't have to wait. I have addressed this with the overnight team members and I am sincerely sorry for this experience at our property.

We strive to ensure every guest is satisfied and hope you lets of have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I encourage you to continue posting on TripAdvisor as valuable feedback such as yours not only helps my organization but other travelers looking to make the right lodging choice when in Tulsa, Oklahoma.