“Very good hotel, but wireless....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District

Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District
Ranked #9 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Champlin, Minnesota
“Very good hotel, but wireless....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've been here for a couple of months on business. I've enjoyed the free healthy breakfast, the cleanliness of the hotel overall, the nice pool and the continuing friendliness of the staff. They have been very attentive to my needs and always do what they can to make my stay more memorable. The only negative thing I can say is that the wireless access doesn't meet my needs. Other than that, great hotel and friendly staff!!!!

Room Tip: I like the end rooms on any of the floors. I was on the 6th floor for all of my visit and that cut...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your kind and honest words regarding your most recent stay. I responded to the previous guest who post and said that we listen to what you say and take it to heart and as a result we have found that there is an opportunity with our High Speed internet access and we are going to invest in making this better so that your continued experiences are at the same high quality that you have come to expect. Thank you so very much and I appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards this goal of better internet service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here two nights for a business trip. As with all other Hyatt Place locations at which I've stayed, the hotel is very nice and functional with a great staff.

My only complaint would be that the wireless signal in my 4th floor room was awful. I was almost at the end of the hall (away from the center of the hotel) and the best I could manage on any of the Hyatt wifi options was three out of six bars on my laptop. The connection repeatedly dropped all night and early morning such that it greatly impacted my work. They really need to invest in stronger access points or in repeaters so that those who end up in rooms a little farther away from the central core of the building have a stronger signal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest. Thank you for your recent visit with the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District. We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Tulsa, Oklahoma. I am truly sorry that you experience opportunities with your High Speed Internet service. I can honestly say that the guests have spoke collectively and we have heard you and we are currently looking into options to upgrade our network and make it better, I hope that this new infrastructure will be in place in the very near future.
Utila, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

From the reservation to the auto-check out, the Hyatt Place made our life easy! Lovely location with great views of Tulsa. Nice pool. The breakfast had lots of choices. The reception staff was friendly as well as those at the bar, sandwich service and breakfast room. The rooms were amazingly large and clean. The meeting room was nice and well organized. Thank you for a nice trip and adding to our great family reuion (there were 64 of us!).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing event with our hotel. We believe in being that place that makes you feel at home when life pulls you away from your own. We appreciate the compliments and I will be sure that the staff knows that their hard work has not gone unnoticed. Thank you again for choosing the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District and I hope we get to see your family again next year.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was my first visit to Tulsa. I was travelling on business and my client requested I stay at this hotel because this was the also the meeting location. Everything was excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful to me as a guest and they were extremely responsive to our requests for the meeting.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest
I am so excited that our hotel was able to take care of your lodging needs while on your first visit to Tulsa. I hope you found the city equally as nice as your stay with the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District. We always enjoy comments such as this and I will be sure to share with the staff. We hope your travels will bring you to Tulsa again and if so, we hope that you continue to stay with us. Thank you so very much for your review.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stay here a few time a year and I always have a pleasant stay. I had a loud A/C unit this last time but that was out of the ordinary. Everything else was great! Breakfast has good options. Very accommodating staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

First let me say thank you for your continued support of the Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District and the Hyatt Place Brand. We are always excited to see reviews such as your stating that you stay with us often and that you keep coming back. I am truly sorry about your loud AC and assure you that it is an isolated event and hope that we have that resolved before the next guest checks-in.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hyatt has been so convenient for our family visits to South Tulsa. Always clean, staff is friendly and helpful and you get more than just a bed for the price of just a bed. Have been staying there for the last 7 or 8 years.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your most recent post. It is awesome that we have been you "Home in Tulsa" for so many years. We are always excite to see our extended family and can not wait until the next time you are in Tulsa.

Until then, safe travels.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I drove in late to this wonderful hotel. Even though it was nearly full, we still found convenient parking under lights. The hotel was also very quiet. Our room was modern, clean, and very spacious. In the morning I said hello to at least three staff members and not one of them returned my greeting! I was perplexed at their rudeness. Breakfast was awesome! It offered hot food of wonderful quality and was included in the room price. The area was close to an airport, medical centers, and a new mall wasn't far away. It all felt safe and clean. We would definitely stay there again. Maybe next time the staff will return our greetings!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Barb357
HyattPlaceTulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your post. I am very happy to see that you found our hotel clean and spacious. I promise I will look into the comment about the staff. As you can see from many other comments that this is not a normally characteristic for the staff; however, I will not make any excuses for them and I am sincerely sorry for you guest encounters. We hope to see you again in the next time you are in Tulsa, Oklahoma.