“Will be back for Christmas”

Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Midtown
Ranked #75 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Arrived late and check-in was a breeze. The room was very clean. The bed and sleeper sofa were very comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped so we could make meals. The full-size refrigerator was a nice surprise. Had interaction with three staff members, and they were all very friendly and willing to bend over backwards to make sure we had am enjoyable stay. Convenient location in Tulsa, and good restaurants (and a McDonalds) within walking distance. The room rate was very reasonable. Will be my first choice next time we need a hotel in Tulsa.

• Stayed: October 2012
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Mel- I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.
Once again, the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 weeks the staff was very helpful. They maid me fell like they new me personaly. They were helpful in faxing and printing stuff for me. They keep the grounds and the rooms very clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Ed- Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Tulsa - Central. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for almost 12 months while on assignement in Tusa. The staff made me feel like one of the family and there was never a problem with my mail or my room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who will be staying in Tulsa...long or short term!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We traveled with a group of clients and friends to Tulsa and reserved two apartments to accommodate the 12 of us that would be staying together. The other 8 members of our group reserved individual rooms in the same hotel. Our reservations were made in NOVEMBER 2011 and were booked for JUNE 2012. We confirmed our reservations the week before checking in and were told our reservations were all set!

Upon arrival, we were told that they had "overbooked" and had to move us to their sister hotel up the road and that we would have the same rooms. We checked in to that hotel and were met with two tiny rooms, each with two double beds. Furious, we got the manager on the phone with us and explained that we could not fit 14 people into two double beds. The manager said the told us that was the best he could do. Therefore, we had to find 8 additional hotel rooms for the 11 days we were in Tulsa, which separated our group over the city.

Their inability to take care of their customers cost us over $3,700 in additional hotel fees, which RUINED OUR TRIP.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JimmyMA519

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently spent a week in Tulsa and stayed here; I would recommend for anyone to stay here as I believe my title says all that needs to be said.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and would choose this floor in the future.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank S G
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Tulsa - Central. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

I had an overall satisfactory stay with Studio Plus in 2009 and 2010, and back in November I booked our reservations for this year. Last year we stayed in the apartment and enjoyed the size of it as well as the kitchen facilities, so I called and spoke to Louis and reserved two apartment rooms for this year. We had 7 parties traveling with us, all arriving in Tulsa on different days, with a total of 20 people attending. I planned on having 4-6 adults per apartment, and the others reserved their own rooms at Studio Plus so we could all be together. All reservations were finalized in December. I also called to confirm on May 27th and were told everything was all set.

We left New Hampshire on Thursday, June 7th and ended up arriving to Tulsa a day early on Saturday, June 9th. I called to see if I could extend one of the apartments a day early and was told that it was unavailable, but we could stay in another room for that one night. That was fine with me. We arrived shortly and were greeted again by Louis. Knowing that checkout was at 11am and check-in was 3pm, we asked Louis if we could move into one of the apartments upon checkout the next day. He said he was not sure if the room would be ready, but to ask the following morning before we left.

The following morning we proceeded to checkout and I asked the young woman behind the desk if one of our other rooms was available. She then proceeded to ask us if her manager had been in touch with me. I said that he hadn’t, and she informed me that our reservations had been changed and we would be sent to another location for our stay. I asked why and was told that the people in both of our rooms extended their stays therefore we were being moved. I explained to her that we had over 20 people accompanying us and they were all flying in and meeting at the hotel. She told me to give them the new address of the other hotel and “everything will be fine”. I was furious.

We headed up the street to Extended Stay America. The lady behind the counter informed me that she didn’t have a reservation for us and had to get the manager (Ellis Smith) on the phone. After another fifteen minutes has passed, we have the keys to our two rooms.

Both rooms we were given were small, standard rooms with two full beds. Not at all what we had ordered or paid for. We went directly to Studio Plus again.

I asked to speak directly to the manager again and Mr Smith told me that the rooms I received were exactly what I had reserved. I explained that we reserved two apartments and I had the information on the confirmation email. Mr. Smith actually told me that I was wrong and that the mistake was mine! At that point, I knew that dealing with him was going to be excruciating.

I told him that we had 10 people staying in these two rooms and we couldn’t all fit on 4 beds. Plus, the whole point of us reserving these apartments is so we could eat meals and watch TV together. There was no way that either of those could occur now. Then he said it was my fault because my reservation only listed one person staying in each room. I told him that not only was I never asked this question upon making reservations, but I informed Mr. Smith that it didn’t matter how many people were staying in the room – I should get what I ordered!

Mr. Smith finally hesitantly “agreed” to give us two more rooms. Each only had one queen bed. I again explained that was not enough for our party. Nearly an hour and a half into this crisis, he finally agreed to switch one of the rooms to a double. Unfortunately, the rooms had full size beds and most of the couples that were with us could barely fit on a full size bed, and those who could were very uncomfortable. The rooms were tiny and musty, our shower didn't work and our toilet didn't flush correctly.

Sleeping in a full size bed with my husband for a week was not comfortable at all. Some of our party saw the rooms and went to other hotels. Most of our party rode out the first night or two and then left to find other accommodations. Everyone was extremely disappointed and it cost our group over $2000 to find other hotel accommodations.

On top of everything else, dealing with Mr. Smith changing our rooms cost us nearly 3 hours, which made me miss a demonstration my husband and I paid to see ($175 per ticket). On top of that, we were late picking up our family from the airport and they had to call a cab, which in turn got them lost and wasted another hour.

I have worked in this industry in the past and I know how customer service should be run.
Why would my reservations be moved if I made them nearly 7 months in advance? Why was our group not relocated to a decent hotel that could accommodate our group the way we originally planned? Why did Mr. Smith come up with lie after lie, excuse after excuse? (First, the people in our rooms extended our stay, then the rooms were overbooked online, then we were moved because we supposedly only reserved one person in each room, and then I was told the hotel doesn’t even have two apartments in the first place!) Why is it acceptable for Mr. Smith to call me one time (Friday, June 8th) and supposedly leave me a message, but then never try to get in touch with me again over the next three days?

I am absolutely disgusted by this situation, and I had many friends, family and clients who all have a very bitter taste in our mouths. We missed a large portion of the activities we were supposed to attend and this issue cost us thousands of dollars because of the way this situation was handled.

After lodging a complaint with Studio Plus, Ellis Smith contacted me and informed me that he would do nothing to rectify the situation.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JulieNewHampshire
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Tulsa - Central. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given the nature of our business, oftentimes our guests are not certain of their check-out date when they book their reservation. We work hard to verify whether checked-in guests need to extend their departure date. However, in very rare cases such as yours, an unexpected number of guests extend their stays simultaneously and we are unable to force them to check-out, resulting in an over-booked situation. While our guarantee policy provides for the location of and payment for the first night's stay for a guest whose reservation we cannot honor, I certainly recognize what an inconvenience this can be.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We needed a place to stay for a week of visiting family in Tulsa. After checking around at several hotels, we chose this one and did not regret it. The staff are helpful and cheerful. The room had a large refrigerator, four burner stove and oven, pots, pans, dishes and bowls, eating and cooking utensils, and a kitchen sink.

Regarding the noise level, for being next to an interstate it was quiet. With an inside hallway there was some noise, but the management was on top of anything objectionable.

The room was good sized and had a recliner to watch tv from. Also handy was a table with two swivel chairs to eat or work from. The internet worked well and the tv did too. The bed was firm. The pillows were a little flat for me.

We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: There are lots of places to eat within walking distance. Shopping is not far away either. The inters...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank spanky50
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012