“Small, Run-down and Noisy place”

Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Midtown
Ranked #71 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Kansas City, Kansas
“Small, Run-down and Noisy place”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed at many different Extended Stay America but this place has the worst run-down condition with smallest space. I booked it for a week long in one week advance but I was never told about size difference. When I checked in, the place looked smaller than any other places I have stayed before. I mentioned it but she told me about a bigger size with higher price. I also have asked for a remodeled one on the 2nd floor as I read about it from the reviews but I was told that none of them were available as there was water pipe breaks.
After checked in, I saw dust remaining all over the furniture and stained kitchen and bathroom floors. I felt nothing was cleaned and no maid-service was provided so I even took off bed sheets and replaced with fresh ones by myself to make me feel better. The hallway carpet had salt brought in from outside but it was never vacumed while I stayed. The noise from the refrigirator next to the bed was loud, the heating unit was loud and the noise from the highway was constant thoughout the night. I was awaken several times a night.
Not sure how the place got better reviews than the one in Central Tulsa. That was the reason I chose this place but I regret that I didn't check out the one in Central Tulsa or any other hotels around.
I will definitely not stay here again and I will look for other hotels with kitchen next time.

Room Tip: Check on prices per room sizes. Don't stay on the side facing the highway I-44. Make sure you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chun C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
West Siloam Springs, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Our family stayed here for the Christmas holiday to be close to our other son. We chose this hotel primarily because of the full sized kitchen, so we could cook our own meals. The room itself was very spacious, we were able to put up a 7 ft Christmas tree with no issues at all. The beds were extremely comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Kitchen was clean and everything worked extremely well, we used the oven, stove top, dishwasher, and the refrigerator. Carpets could use an update. There were some stains on them but nothing too terrible. The only minor thing that I would recommend is that the hotel tell customers that they do not fully stock their kitchen. We came with 2 adults and 3 children and there were only enough dishes for 3 people. Also there were only pans for the stove top, not the oven and there were no large spoons or bowls for preparing meals, and no can opener. While we did not ask for all of the other things we did ask for pans for the oven and were told that they do not have them. Overall we had a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to families, it is very family friendly. I would just suggest to bring a few essentials for the kitchen along with you unless they add things to it.

Room Tip: 2nd floor gets really warm, we stayed for Christmas and we had the Air on almost the entire time.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The title says it all--Just what I was looking for--inexpensive, convenient. I came for business, to check out apartments that my sister and I own in Tulsa, and just wanted a place to stay. ESA Midtown (I don't know why it has that name--it's kind of on the East edge) had easy access to every freeway into, from, and around the city. The Wi-fi worked flawlessly during my entire stay, and I really liked the instant oatmeal packages that I could take back to my room, mix up with either hot water or milk, chop up a banana, and have a healthy breakfast. Grab an apple, an energy bar, and a cupcake, and I've got a lunch snack. And the coffee was good. The room was clean, had a table/desk to set up my computer--what's not to like? My room smelled clean and fresh.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking. Of course, they should all be, in my mind. Smoke outside.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The area has a dozen motel choices, all better than ESA, they offer ovens, but the oven in our room was full of grease, you couldn't use it without setting off the smoke alarms, the dishwasher in the studio suite had food crud in the filter and made the dishes dirtier than when they went in.
The rugs were stained with what I hope was red Kool-Aid stains and the hallways were the playground for several young children running around unsupervised. There was a gang shooting in the parking lot across the street which put us in serious danger. About 200 youths gathered and fighting broke out and next thing you know, gunfire! They scattered like cockroaches, except for the injured. The stairwells are where the trash barrels are kept and the stench and nastiness of the garbage is overwhelming. Just consider all other options before settling on this ESA property.

Room Tip: Insist on hardwood floors, those rooms were remodeled last year and aren't as dirty. The houseke...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Carol L

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Oklahoma City
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel was expected and the desk person was always busy. I appreciated the regular sized refrigerator and microwave. While I didn't use the stove as I was only there two days, the stove looked good and was clean. The kitchen was in good working order and clean.

One of the desk personnel was very helpful. Jim L helped me print an important document without him the process would have been much more time consuming. He volunteered to help me as I wouldn't think of asking. Thanks Jim L.! Management, please give that guy a raise!

The only negative for the hotel was the carpet in the hotel including my room was old and dirty. If the carpet and room furniture was updated, it would do wonders for the rooms as the bathrooms were fine.

Room Tip: It's always a good idea to ask to look at a room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank Deborah Elizabe... M
high springs fl
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Place is terrible, run down, dirty in a very deeming,non safe area of town. Rooms smell of bo, [ old] weed, smoke , booze-rugs in rooms has stains, smells of old urine from bathrooms, ac are old and hardly working,crowns have pop pits under the rims, dirty laundry in halls, laundry room dirty unkept and very warm,Bugs dead in corners-dirty linen in the halls with trash outside rooms-Doors to room hardly fit the rims, paint cheap and smells rough, injured areas covered up with cheap paint in attempts to hide damage,closets doors either broken or pulled off-not replaced- shelves in closets dirty, kitchen hygiene has much to be desired- Glass windows in room smugged and glazed over from smoke{ some do not work and have cracks in them} or left over who knows what- walls in rooms chipped, rough and unclean- guess clients have to clean these also along with pulling the filter out of old in need of replaced a/c-rugs in halls- have foul penetrating odors of left over spills, trash and soiled linen-air in halls nasty odor-just a very bad building[ furniture in rooms dirty, toren not working,old} to have anyone stay in. They need to do more than update- they need to learn to say no to certain clients-like city, fed and state holdings- and do a complete and intense cleaning out of all floors--inside and out.. had to run out and hold my nose- took a shower immediately upon going to another location- felt i had the bugs and foulness with me,,,and I breathed in some very serious, toxic odors..Called my agency and advised them to never book or put anyone this place.i would not even let my dogs sit or step into this so called Extended america Hotel. They need much work done there and it is a shame that such places exits and with such a good name as THE EXTENDED Americas branch---hanging on its doors. should have stayed the previous name- so people would not think that all Extended america Hotels are like this pitiful place.They need some very serious make overs to keep that sign on the door---believe you me. People at front desk very helpful... Thank you for this feature...

Room Tip: Good hygiene, appliances, update fixtures,
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank cynthia s
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Midtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Cynthia - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that you found your room and the hallways to be unclean. The staff and I strive to provide all of our guests with clean, comfortable rooms at great rates; it is disheartening to know that we were unable to do that for you. Please know, the housekeeping staff is currently deep cleaning the entire property and the maintenance staff is completing an audit of all items which need repair as well as fixing each of them.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. You will be happy to hear that many of our rooms are scheduled for renovation in the coming months. I invite you to contact me, at TCE@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is one of the friendliest and most helpful staffs of the many ESA properties I've stayed at. They went out of their way to assure that we had a pleasant stay. The hotel hasn't been updated in a while and is just starting to show some wear but you still get a clean and comfortable room. I have a bad back and need good support from a bed. These beds are very comfortable. Overall a good value. I'll stay here whenever I'm in Tulsa.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are the same. Call the hotel directly and request a premium (more spacious) room for a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Midtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about our staff being the most friendly and helpful. As you mentioned, we have added new mattresses. We have also added new flat screen televisions, and a grab and go breakfast for your convenience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Thank you again for the great comments and for taking time to share your experience.