“Stolen Item”

Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills
Ranked #66 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I do not recommend this Holiday Inn Express. Avoid this hotel. A large travel makeup/toiletry type case which my mother has had since I was a little girl was stolen. The case is what we really wanted back, but the contents could add up to $200-$300. The person who cleaned the room would have had to pick it up to clean the bathroom counter. I had to go to the hotel to talk to them because the manager and the people at the front desk does not return our calls and now they won't answer our calls.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Denise D,
Thank you for writing a review on your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies that we were unable to locate your missing item. I'm also sorry that we did not return your calls in a more timely manner as we wanted to make sure we had completed a thorough search of your room and our hotel. Please know that we do take such matters very seriously and if your item is found we will contact you right away. I'm very sorry that this is the impression you have of our hotel, and we hope that you will allow us an opportunity to make up for it on your next visit to the area.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I had to spend a week in Tulsa recently because of a death in the family. We chose this Holiday Inn Express because we have had very good experiences in others that we've stayed at and the proximity to our Tulsa relatives. When we first checked in our room was missing shampoo and conditioner and a working lamp by the bed. The night clerk was very helpful in getting us the toiletries and fixing the lamp. I encountered my second problem the next morning when I washed my hair. The bathroom fan was so poor at removing any condensation from the shower that my hair frizzed up several inches while I was blow drying it. Buying a better conditioner and trying again the next day didn't help at all. This became a problem for the rest of my stay. The hair dryer is attached to the bathroom wall so I couldn't even try drying it in the main room.

On the Sunday of our visit we returned about 9 or 10 pm only to find that no one had cleaned our room that day. The beds were not made, there were no dry towels in the bathroom, no fresh toiletries, etc. I went down to the desk to let them know what happened. The clerk seemed to be unable to give me the aforementioned items until after she called the manager to let her know about my room. I waited downstairs for a while then let her know that she should let me know when I could get my items (or bring them to our room). We waited over 1/2 hour then my husband finally went down to see what was happening. He returned with the towels, etc and said that the clerk seemed surprised to hear about our problem (we only saw one clerk per night).

On the plus side the gentleman who tended the breakfast area in the mornings was very friendly and attentive to everyone. It would have been nice to have one dry cereal option that had a little fiber in it but otherwise it was ok.

We've been to other Holiday Inn Express hotels in other cities. We understand that this is not a resort hotel chain nor do we expect one for the price. We have not encountered any problems like this at the others. This location just does not live up to the standards that we have come to expect at this hotel chain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Konadays,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Tulsa Woodland Hills. I'm very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We strive to impress our guests and it is clear we came up short during your stay. I have addressed your concerns with my staff to ensure that any deficiencies are corrected. Please allow us another opportunity to make up for this on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We came to town to do a little shopping over the weekend. Hotel was very conveniently located and everyone who worked there was friendly.
Maid service was excellent and breakfast was very tasty. The only negative I can mention was our room was fairly noisy. (Room 202).
It was very strange. Who ever was above us seemed to constantly pace back and forth from about 8:00 pm to about midnight and then from 5:30 am until about 8:30. You couldn't hear the clunk of their feet but the floor above us squeaked very loudly when they walked around. After about two hours of this one morning I put on shorts and went upstairs to see if maybe a storage room or laundry room was above us because I could not figure out why guests would ever walk around that much in a room. Figured it had to be son employee working. As soon as I got upstairs the door to room 302 opened and a couple in their 60's emerged and went down the hall. This noise went on both nights we were there. I did notice when I walked around my floor squeaked too. Wondered if it was noisier to people below me than it was to me.
I "think"I just had bad luck with the noise factor because I didn't see anyone else complain about this problem.
If management responds I would invite them to try sitting in 202 while someone walks around above.... Pretty loud.
All in all it was a nice hotel and I would recommend staying there but I would stay away from 202 if possible.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Allen M,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Tulsa Woodland Hills. I'm happy that you enjoyed our convenient location, friendly staff and complimentary breakfast. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were bothered by noise from the room above you. We appreciate you letting us know. On future stays we'd be more than happy to place you on the top floor to ensure this doesn't happen again. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The hotel was very clean and comfortable, All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially the two young ladies at check in and out. Always had smiles! I will stay here when I come back in the fall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Jean S,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Tulsa Woodland Hills. It is always great to hear that our staff exceeded the expectations of our guests. Thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tulsa!

Melissa F.
Guest Experience Champion

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. Room was very comfortable, except fitted sheets were too small for the thick mattresses. Breakfast was hot, plentiful, and delicious. Loved having a basket with clean towels and toiletries left by door because we didn't require complete room service each day. Location was very central to our coming and going, and easy access to main streets and expressways. Sometimes indoor pools can have a very strong chlorine smell; not in this case. Wouldn't have known it was there except for seeing it in use. We go to Tulsa often and will likely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of a hallway will not have passer-by noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here on business, last minute (e.g. 1 hour before) booking.

The check-in staff were very accommodating and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable.
I will certainly stay here again thanks to the service of the staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Christopher B,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We appreciate your kinds words about our staff. Guest satisfaction is of high importance to all of us. We look forward to your next visit to the Holiday Inn Express Tulsa Woodland Hills!

Kind thanks,
Melissa F.
Guest Experience Champion

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The beds were terrible as we're the sheets, it was in a sketchy neigh hood, the air in the room didn't work, breakfast wasn't up to par, slow wifi and had to login every time, and no plug ins in the room.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tulsa-Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Christopher W,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology for the problems you had at our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with an exceptional experience, and it sounds like we did not reach our goal during your stay. If you have any additional feedback I would love to hear from you. Please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope that you might offer us another opportunity to impress you on your next visit to Tulsa.

918-459-5321