“The bottom of the barrel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #47 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Cebu/Austin TX
“The bottom of the barrel”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Priorty club- platinum travel year round world wide. Trying to rate only the best and worst. Broken Arrow has a top five HIExp so no need to stay here. Dirty dirty dirty building moves when semis go past on freeway. Too much to list. Avoid

• Stayed March 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear worldtraveler238,

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't.
I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Cameron in Tulsa for one night while we were in town to see a show at the Cain's Ballroom. Wasn't expecting much, but was very suprised! The hotel was extremely clean. Front desk manager was very friendly. The room was extremely comfortable and clean as well. And the bed....wow! The only other hotel bed that was more comfortable was at the Westin. Even the bathroom was spotless, and having the extended shower rod made it feel less cramped.

The only issue I had was that our keycards were turned off an hour before checkout. I had walked outside to check the weather and couldn't get back in.

One other suggestion: breakfast was from 6:30-9:30. Would be nice if breakfast was extended to 10:30 or 11am.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank G-Fergs
Jeff J, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you so much for the very nice TripAdvisor review from your January stay with us. We greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We recently completed a hotel renovation and have made many improvements to our hotel this year: the room furniture, carpet, drapes, TVs and beds are all new, and the public areas have all been refreshed. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to our team. Please come see us again soon!
Queensland
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Checked in late and given a room on the 3rd floor. Spacious room with 2 double beds with all mod cons.

Modern and very clean hotel - not sure where the comments about it being old and dirty come from??

Best of all - Bobby in Reception is magnificent. Couldn't be more friendly and helpful with advice (and printed directions) for dinner, car wash and what to do in Tulsa. A real professional guy doing all he can to welcome people to the Holiday Inn and Tulsa.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelBugged2008
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
I am glad that your experience was a great one! Its so wonderful when you find someone who's second nature is to help people. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Many renovations have been done since you last stay that i am sure you would enjoy!

Thank you for your kind words!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The property appears old - carpet is coming up in the hallways, the halls smell of funk, the TVs are old, the beds are worn, the elevator is slow, staff seems friendly but uninformed. Every day at least 1/2 of the towels in the room were dirty. The room had bugs. The breakfast area is cramped with only 6 tables so you end up eating standing up.

One nice touch – the room had a balcony.

The neighborhood is scary with shady people walking around.

Access to the highway is easy. Downtown access is also easy.

I really thought that Holiday Inn had weeded out such properties with their recent business makeover.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ALTravellor
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
I am so sorry you had such a bad experience here during your stay in 2011. Since your last stay the hotel has made many changes we have new carpet in the halls and rooms, new beds, new furniture and new tvs, and most importantly a staff that cares how our guest experience is. Every member of the team is committed to making sure that every guest is satisfied. I apologize that you were disappointed your last stay but I would love to share all the changes with you. Please consider us in the future.

Thanks again
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
2316 W Cameron St
Tulsa OK 74127
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We are in Tulsa for a bike race (i.e. need a good night's sleep). Had made advanced reservations for 2 queen-sized beds / 3 people. Arrived at 4pm to be told only had a room with a king-sized bed, but that they would bring up a roll-away bed. They didn't. 3 calls and a visit to the front desk, were told "we're sorry, we're booked; no beds... there's nothing we can do." No offer to refund a part of our stay or even to credit back the charge for the 3rd person. Very rude, zero customer service. Make reservations here at your own risk.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
I apologize that you had such a bad experience at this property. I assure you that our team now would do anything they can to make our guest happy. Them property has made many changes since you last visit i would love to share them with you. Please consider us in the future.
Austin, TX
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I stay in alot of Holiday Inn Express properties, most of which are very comfortable. This location left quite a bit to be desired. The building is old and hallways and rooms reek of smoke. I had to have them change my room, because I couldn't deal with the smell. the rooms are clean, but the furnishings are really old. I think I had the original prototype microwave in my room. I was afraid to turn it on. I will definitely choose a different hotel next time I'm in downtown Tulsa.

Now, all that said, the staff was super friendly and helpful. They were accomodating and prompt to my requests and were apologetic about the smoke smell.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
I apologize that you had such a bad experience at this property. Since your last stay the property has gone completely non smoking. We have replaced the carpet the beds and all the furniture. I would love to share all the changes with you. I hope that if your in the Tulsa area again you give us the chance to show you all the changes that have been made.

Carthage, Missouri
Reviewed 15 March 2011

We reserved this hotel online expecting a $50 deposit for pets. Come to find out it was a non-refundable fee. The room was not worth the $150 we ended up paying.
The room was decent. The shower had leftover "hairs" which I found disgusting. After rinsing it out and taking a shower the husband I discovered only one towel awaiting us (and no soap, but luckily we brought our own). I'm sure we could have called the front desk to get more towels and soap, but when you are already in the shower before you notice it seems pointless.
Breakfast was very week for a HI express. They had a pancake maker which excited me. However, neither it nor the juice machine were working.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
I apologize that your stay was not a great one! We have made many changes since your last stay and would like to share them with you. We are no longer a pet friendly hotel I am sad to say. However if you are every passing thru the Tulsa area please give us a chance to show you all we have done.