“They said they didn't understand why they didn't get 10's”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #46 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
MCKINNEY
“They said they didn't understand why they didn't get 10's”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I, as travel 100% of the time because of work, so I have been all over the country staying at different hotels, the majority of the time the location of the customer dictates where I stay. This Holiday Inn is only a couple of minutes from my present customer, and I have stayed here for two work weeks in two different rooms, and I can say it is pretty much hit and miss on the quality of the room. Maybe because of the location, but this Holiday is is OLD, they have tried to renovate it, but skimped out on some important details, first of all, as the other reviews have mentioned, the freeway noise is excessive, but don't worry, because the blower motors on the a/c units are loud enough to drown that out and then some!!! If your a light sleeper, look else where, drive and extra 15 min or more and find a newer place. They didn't get a 10 in my book, because they where "begging" for it, and not trying to earn it. I heard from my partner last week that he had stayed here several years back when it was really "run down", and that it is a HUGE improvement... but all I can say is, if you stay at Holiday Inn regularly, you will be disappointed....you have been warned

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side of the building (away from the freeway)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear AL P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week for work. The wireless was better than other places I have stayed. The employees were all very nice, even the 'heart of the house'..ie maintenance and housekeeping. There was a airfreshener that had a low battery and it kept beeping, I should have reported it. I was lucky to be on the back of the building, freeway noise would be too much. I had a co-worker who was told to turn on the fan to drown out the noise..hmmmm, what can you do? My only complaint is the constant slamming of doors from guests and housekeeping. I blame the spring loaded pins in the hinges. I don't know why Holiday Inns insist on using these. If I don't shut my door that's on me. I hate the auto shutting doors that are now somewhat standard these days.

• Stayed February 2013
Angela M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for your review. After receiving your comments I immediately began correcting the issues. I am sorry that was not caught during your stay. As a team we are making a lot of changes, If your in the Tulsa area again we would love to have the opportunity to show you.

Thanks again
Angela Mobley
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
2316 W Cameron St
Tulsa OK 74127
Reviewed 18 January 2013

If and when I return to Tulsa I hope to stay at this hotel and have the pleasure of such an amazing staff. After speaking with the manager about thw unbelievable customer service I received I could really tell she cared a lot about her hotel and her staff and you dont see that very often. THANKS AGAIN FOR AN ENJOYABLE STAY!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank qtina2g07
angiechmo, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! Our staff takes pride in what they do so we can make guest like you happy and feel at home. We look forward to your future visits.
Pryor
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Brittney the front desk clerk was extremely helpful and informative. I have stayed in this Hotel before back in July and it wasn't the cleanest hotel I have been to. But this time I was surprised at how much better my entire stay was. The rooms were very clean and all the staff was very helpful and polite. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
angiechmo, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Dale,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad your stay this time around was a better one. We have made many improvements to create a great hotel that guests love. I will share your review with the team and make sure Brittiny gets the recognition she deserves. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 November 2012

stay at this hotel for one night business travel check in and check out was very fast. and i have a problem open my room door but the chef maintenance was at my door in minute to help me . very friendly staff , nice hotel very comfortable bed .

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank stanislas n
Jeff J, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel, and for mentioning Roy of our maintenance staff. I promise I will share your feedback with our team and recognize Roy. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to us. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My room was nice and clean,Rm 406 was very big....After being in meetings all day I have to say the balcony was nice to be able to sit out and enjoy fresh the fresh air was very nice...Mereith at the desk was very helpful...Thanks to the whole staff I encounter on my 3 day stay....I will stay here on my next trip to Tulsa.......

Room Tip: Room 406 is nice
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Jeff J, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your comments and sharing them on the TripAdvisor website. Thank you also for recognizing Meredith at the Front Desk who works so hard to please our guests. We are fortunate to have many rooms with outdoor balconies plus outdoor sitting areas for all on each floor. We are delighted that you enjoyed them! We hope you will return again soon!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I recently took a trip to Tulsa for Fall Break. I am a school teacher and enjoying traveling during my breaks, My husband and I reserved a room well in advance. When we arrived they had over booked. They offered us an upgrade so we said ok. We ended up on the top floor and on the side of the building where there was a busy highway. We gathered by the sirens all night that this must not be a very good area. The walls had the mirrors off and the bathroom was not completely clean. We had trouble with the air conditioner. The next afternoon our room smelled of cigarette smoke, neither of us smoke. We called down to the desk to let them know that it seemed as if someone had been in out room smoking. The clerk sent up someone from housekeeping and my husband asked to see the spray bottle to spray and the housecleaning lady said you cant have this bottle. We later found out that she was in charge of housekeeping. She was rude and did not practice any sort of professionality. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Jeff J, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. The items you describe in your review are inexcusable and I share your disappointment. I apologize for the highway noise in your room, some of our rooms do face the interstate. We were working hard while you were here to renovate and upgrade our hotel but you should not have encountered the problems in your room which you did. The room should not have been rented to you if it was not ready, and it is unacceptable that someone (possible a workman) was smoking in the vicinity of your room. Also, Housekeeping should have left you the spray bottle as you requested and done whatever was necessary to resolve the issue. I assure you that these matters have been addressed with our team to insure future guests do not encounter a similar situation. When traveling to Tulsa again I hope you will allow us a second opportunity to demonstrate the true service and hospitality of our hotel. I assure you your stay will be pleasant. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon!