“BEDBUGS! BEDBUGS! BEDBUGS! - TRUSTWORTHY???”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #46 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
New York
“BEDBUGS! BEDBUGS! BEDBUGS! - TRUSTWORTHY???”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Desk receptionist (A.) was very rude and didn't know what she was doing. First, she charged my credit card for someone else's room and I could not be reimbursed on my card for 5 days, which left me short of money to pay for my room. She was not going to tell me that my card had been charged before my arrival for another room until my card, that I had designated for this trip, declined my room charges, I called to find out why, and was told that I had pending charges from the hotel already. I did not receive the room type that I reserved (in March) and she told me that "apparently" I didn't lock the reservation in (I thought that was what giving my credit card information at registration was for , and I had my confirmation, which she saw); and that there was nothing that she could do. I got her to call the manager (A.M.), who was not much better, saying that there was nothing she could do but give me a room for $49.95/day (My confirmation was for a King suite with a sofabed, balcony, and hot tub at $64.95/day) and I had to find a way to pay for it. The room that the receptionist showed my family was unacceptable and upon my stating so was told that I could go to another hotel. After more than an hour of basically "fighting" with her, Charisse (another receptionist) arrived for her shift and immediately assessed the situation; called the manager and told her that she was giving us 2 rooms (1 with a balcony, 1 with a hot tub) for the suite price, which we worked out payment later that evening. It did not take her 15 minutes to get us "squared away". Although I really wanted what I orginally reserved (who wants to go from 1 room to another just to enjoy the balcony, living area, and hot tub when you could have all in one place), Charisse did the NEXT BEST THING, and I appreciated it. This hotel also has BEDBUGS!! Rooms 416 and 410 have them. 2 guests were bitten to the point where 1 person didn't attend the wedding (the reason for the visit), and the other had to leave early because of the itching. My 80+ year old aunt, who had a single room was awaken in the middle of the night and frightened by police who said that they were told that a fight occurred in her room. However I would like to thank Charisse, Dartel, Christy, Erica, and the housekeeping staff for their hospitality. To the 2 A's; you have no business in the hotel business! To the actual owners; GET RID OF THOSE 2 FAST!!

Room Tip: Stay off the 4th floor (BEDBUGS) until you know for sure the infestation is taken care of.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Angela M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff at Comfort Inn Tulsa for failing to meet your expectations during your stay. With regards to the reservation issue during your stay, our staff went above and beyond to clear up any inconvenience that you may of had with not being happy with room that you requested. We even went as far as allowing you to stay in two rooms for the price of one room something that is unheard of, however your satisfaction is very important to us and we want to make sure that you had a great stay with us.

BED BUGS BED BUGS in the title of your review I feel is very inappropriate since your room did not have bed bugs. Terminex and the health department can verify that for you as they were both out here the very next day. Bed bugs are something that is taken very seriously and something that I do not make light of. Which is why anytime there is even a question on if there are bed bugs anywhere professionals are called immediately!

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay, but I do believe that we did go above and beyond to make you happy! That is always our number one goal for all guests. Please let me know if you would like to see the documentation from terminex or the Health department that shows there were no bed bugs to be found in your room. I am always available via email or at the hotel.

918-585-7000
angiechmo@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Indianapolis
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Wouldn't return. Loudest room ventilation ever. Strange, circular floor plan involved a 270-degree trek around building core to reach exterior-wall elevator. Remodeling meant that balconies could not be accessed. Also, no place to sit outside except bench next to butt hut (employees on break). None-too-big breakfast room made smaller by piles of building material. Extremely convoluted parking lot and driveway layout notched into a corner of interstate exchange. Turn onto high-traffic main road pretty difficult.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James S
angiechmo, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
James,

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. In fact I have added two more benches in front of the hotel since your review so that guest have somewhere to sit outside not near the "Butt hut"

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Wish I had read the reveiws on this Hotel before making a reservation and saw how many below average. I booked the hotel for the April 4th by mistake instead of the April 3rd night I was coming in. On arrival at the Hotel late that night driving in from Dallas I was told I had made a reservation for the 4th and not the 3rd. I told him it was supposed to be for the 3rd I made a mistake and he told me they were full up and would not be able to give me a room. I asked him to cancel my reservation and he said he would take care or it. I then had to drive to a Holiday in just outside Tulsa and pay almost double what my reservation was for at Comfort. Thats OK that was my fault. But when I got my visa bill in to my shock I was billed for that night the guy was supposed to cancel. When I called I was told they had 25 available rooms that night and there was no way they would have told me they didn't have a room. So the fact is I was told that they didn't that night and I was also told the room would be canceled that same night but quess who is paying the bill. I am a Choice Privledge Gold Elite member but I will never cancel a room again with one of their Hotels trusting the people working the desk or their supervisors ar trustworthy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Don,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff at Comfort Inn Tulsa for failing to meet your expectations. With regards to the issue you experienced with your reservations I understand that there may have been a mix up in which hotel you thought that you had changed your reservation at since we do not have a Caucasian male working the desk i am sure that the changes were not done here and I apologize that that made you feel as if we were not trust worthy.
The management and employees at Comfort Inn take all guest issues very seriously and care deeply that our guests have a superior experience before during and after their stay I hope that we can have the chance to prove this to you in the future.

Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Great quality and exceptional price. Same quality accomodations as other 3 and 4 star hotels for 1/3 less. Well worth the price and centrally located. Hotel staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be of assistance. Breakfast was a wide variety of hot and cold items and well prepared.

Room Tip: Parking very convenient to front entrance with easy room access.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sam L
Angela M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Thanks
St.Louis,MO
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Without getting into specific details, I encountered a personal situation that required the attention of the General Manager Angela Mobley.

Angela and her team understand that putting the customer first is the most important thing in any service business!

You can rest assured that your stay at this Comfort Inn will be comfortable and easy. The team will work hard to ensure you return for your next visit to Tulsa.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Angela M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review! I am so happy we were able to get your situation resolved in a way that made you happy! We always strive for great customer service and it was a pleasure assisting you. I look forward to the opportunity to show you what an outstanding hotel we are in the future. If you get a chance while you’re in town stop by and ill personally give you a tour. Thank you so much again for the great review!
Fort Drum, New York
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here previously when owned by another company. As before, this motel was clean and had very friendly and courteous staff. I asked for extra coffee when I reserved and as soon as I checked in they gave it to me. Usually I have to ask in person.

The breakfast was decent for being included, and the dining area clean and well maintained. The pool was closed this visit due to being winter, but last visit in the summer it was clean and maintained as well.

I had zero issue with wifi as I read on another review. We even watched a movie on wifi with no issues.

My only complaint is that the sink at the vanity was clogged & you couldn't even wash your face without the water coming back up. On our visit a week later on our way back across country we ironically received the same room & the clog was still not fixed.

I will stay here again though! I will just check the sinks before unpacking.

Stayed December 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I apologize that we did not have that sink fixed upon your return i assure you that we got that fixed and checked all other sinks to make sure that no one else would have the same challenges that you encountered. I’m happy that you were satisfied with your stay other than that. We look forward to seeing you soon!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you need WIFI to conduct any business.....STAY AWAY !

I stay here regularly and they never do anything to improve.

It becomes a bit more usable at 3am. But still very very slow.
So slow sending email impossible!

• Stayed October 2013
I apologize that you have experienced these issues during your stay and would have the pleasure of letting you know that we are doing everything possible to make sure that you do not have this experience again. We are monitoring the access points several times throughout the day to make sure all systems are operating properly. I apologize that we dropped the ball during your stay. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make this right for you.

Thanks