“terrible staff”

Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central
Ranked #69 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 30 December 2013

HOTEL review

we arrived at the hotel ,the first impression is that it is a good hotel and attractive lobby ,BUT the check in experience wasn't good , the employee wasn't welcoming at all ,didn't even smile ,check in procedure took the longest time I have ever experienced. He gave us room 204 and I asked for a babycrib he said they didn't have(I went to dozens of hotels ,all had babycribs),we went into the room,I was amazed with how dirty it was , the armchair was disgusting , the carpet has a lot of black stains I am not sure whether this was mud or dog stool , my husband returned to him to change the room ,he gave him a completely different room ,renovated carpets and new leather chair ,so i was astonished how the hotel was nearly empty and they have new clean rooms and this guy checked us in a very far and dirty room , the night passed any way and we were checking out , we found another employee ,she asked us how was the stay and we told her about what happened , she just smiled an annoying smile and told us may be next time it will be better ,if I were staying in Tulsa sure there will be no other time even if it is offered for free ,they have good rooms but drastic customer service :(

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank nihal s
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we failed in that mission. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will reviewing the assignment process to make sure your experience is not repeated.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Tul@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is a copy of the email I sent to their corporate offices...
Do not use Extended Stay hotels... after Kayla Marie Wagner's birthday ordeal with an employee walking into the room without knocking, I am staying at one in Tulsa and asked for a ground floor room due to not being able to handle the stairs or walk real far. I was refused. I was told to use the elevator, half the building away from my room and car. Apparently if you book with Priceline.com, you cannot get a handicap accessible room. Desk clerk said they don't sell accessible rooms on priceline. Hmm... other chains do. I have never had an issu before.

Room Tip: Don't book through priceline if you need accessible rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bcnbit
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room type was not correct. To uphold our company's high standards, we will look at alternate room options for guests with special needs.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tul@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is an older extended stay nestled among larger and newer hotels and suites. It is by far the cheapest on the street and attracts mainly construction workers. I have been here 6 months and stay only because it is convenient to my temp job and cheaper than the other places in this area. Electric range but no oven, small microwave, limited satellite TV channels, wifi is unpredictable. Two major highways cross just outside one end of the building so highway noise is a consideration. Ruby Tuesday, Cracker Barrel, IHOP and Village Inn are close as well as McDonald's. Large bus station within walking distance.

Room Tip: Cheap extended stay in Tulsa at I-44 and Broken Arrow Expressway. Rooms on north side are a little...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dwight - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the WiFi did not work properly during your stay and the television channel selection was limited. I am currently working with our third party vendor to correct the issues with our free WiFi. Also, we are constantly working to improve our offerings. As we do so, we will definitely keep your feedback in mind.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tul@extendedstay.com. I am glad you are still here with us as a guest. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Wonderful, courteous, well trained staff. Room was very clean, comfortable and very well furnished. Located within walking distance of mutiple sit down restuarants. I definately plan to return for a leisurely stay in the very near future.

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Susan - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room and our location, making it easy to walk to multiple establishments that are close by.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Having stayed at close to a dozen ESAs in several states, I can honestly say that this place is not your usual Extended Stay America. I was so glad my stay was only two nights and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Will be staying in a regular hotel room on my return to the area. If you are used to ESA, don't stay here. It was awful! Nasty, smelly room, outside "hallways" had rainwater puddled in front of every single door, furniture in room was run down and ragged looking. The only familiar thing about the room was the bed linens. Also, if you are traveling with a pet, as I was, don't expect to pay the standard $25/night pet fee. You will be paying $25 plus the 13+% room tax as well, on top of the room tax you are already paying for your room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry to hear that that your room was less than satisfactory. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working to improve our level of cleanliness throughout the hotel, ensuring a better experience in the future for all of our guests.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Tul@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

While alot can be said about this location, in either direction based on "perspective" I must say that one persons opinion of this hotel, can be skewed based simply on experience.
I can say first hand that while the property is well maintained, the rest is less than acceptable.
I had the pleasure of visiting several rooms in this location while there with business associates, and few if any were clean to reasonable standards.
Many of the rooms have plumbing issues,, peeling caulk and paint around the tub and sinks, and foul odors. The refrigerator had a black funk growing in the freezer section, and the hotel lacks appropriate pest control.
The Gentleman at the front counter has a poor attitude, and displays in with his facial expressions and body language.
Laundry room may seem clean to the naked eye, but the lint traps on all the dryers are filthy and certainly lack regular maintenance.
I could continue to list off items/areas of concern, but I have better things to do with my time than mentally revisit the disturbing experience that I had.

Room Tip: head down the road, and choose a room in one of the dozen other facilities that will not disregard i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The plumbing and housekeeping issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have relayed these concerns to our engineer and housekeeping team to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at TUL@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Arrived and found my room to smell of dank must and cigarettes. It was unclean as there were still hairs in my shower, unidentifiable stains on both carpet and furniture, and cob webs in the corners of my "closet" (Which was really only a section of wall partitioned by a curtain). In addition, on my first night a light bulb popped and smoked above my bed... scary! The walls are paper thin and I could easily listen to the conversations of my neighbors outside as well as anytime they showered, flushed the toilet, or watched tv. AVOID REGARDLESS OF PRICE.

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tulsa - Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that your room was not clean upon check-in and you were disturbed by noises within the hotel. The staff and I are working to define updated cleaning procedures which will be complete with checklists, making every effort to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at Tul@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.