“Not romantic”

Ranked #96 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Tulsa
“Not romantic”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

The actual hotel looks nothing like the pictures on this site. I reserved the jacuzzi suite for a romantic weekend. I arrived around 4:00 PM on Friday, Nov 8th. The man at the front desk was very nice. The lobby looked OK. I went into the room, and it looked dated, but pretty clean. I took a bath in the jacuzzi. The jets did work, but barely. The TV was older. The remote was missing the battery cover. The heat/air unit was very loud. We went to sleep only to wake up to very loud music around midnight. We called the front desk, and about 30 minutes later the music stopped. In the morning we noticed we had coffee, but no coffee maker. We also had no wash clothes. We went out to eat breakfast. There was warm milk, juice, and no coffee. I tried to start the coffee pot, and it did not work. We had already decided to not stay Saturday night. We rang the bell at the front desk, and a different man came out of the office. I told I was cancelling my Saturday night stay. He did not seem to care why. He refunded my money for Saturday. He was very unfriendly. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank janicem42068

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the spur of the moment whilst travelling Route 66... Upon arrival I realised that more preparation was definitely needed before choosing the next location.

The room smelt of wet dog and the bathroom was filthy. I would definitely not recommend staying at the hotel as I cannot think of one positive note the say about it!

Hopefully if you're reading this then you have done much more preparation than I!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TomBatters

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Burbank, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I reserved my jacuzzi suite on June 29, 2013 for August 30 through September 1st. We arrived at 17:31 on August 30th. The lady at the front desk was very nice. We brought our things into our room and had to leave for a wedding rehearsal. We came back about 2200 to take a shower and the water would not warm up. It took 40 minutes before the water was warm enough to take one. Then we tried the jacuzzi tub in which did not work. The was no jet stream and was smoking while in use. We immediately turned it off. The next morning we woke up at 0830 to find no coffee pot in our room, an open bag of coffee, no creamer, no sugar. The "hot continental" breakfast was non existant. We went to get a cup of coffee and there were no cups, not even sure if there was coffee brewed. The waffle machine was on, but no waffle batter. There was 3 bananas which were over ripe. Bowls for cereal with warm milk. No plates, no silverware, nothing else was there except for what I mentioned previously. First 2 attempts to contact someone at the front desk, we were met by a sign that stated will return in 15 minutes. In our room no tissues, no shampoo. There was mildew on the tub, big burn holes on our comfortor. Cigarette burns on the bathroom counter top in a non-smoking room. No brochures were in there and no bible. Now, this is a room I had reserved well in advance, which cost me $261.08. King suites are advertised $45 a night on the marquis. On the 3rd attempt, we saw a gentleman, not sure what his name was, and we told him of the problems with our room. His response was that we can cancel the remainder of our reservation and we could check out. There was no offer for a refund for a regular room rate, no apology, and no attempt to satisfy us with another jacuzzi suite or another available room. He gave me a refund for $119.18 which is completely unsatisfactory! and he still did not apologize! We had to pack up all of our things that morning and had no where to stay for the night and we were leaving to go to a wedding which I was standing up for in Sand Springs. On top of that we are 680 miles from home! This is very disappointing and would like something done about this. That gentleman needs to be trained in customer service and some repercussions need to be made. I work as a customer service rep for a trucking company and if I handled a situation like this with one of our customers, I would have been fired. There is no way how to rate this room, but if I had to on ALL counts it would be a flat 0!!!!

Room Tip: Get a different hotel. This one is for the birds
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cathleen G
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Several years ago, I came to this hotel and it was beautiful. Now, it's a total disaster. It barely matches the photos on the website. The exterior of the building needs new paint, the trees in the atrium are dead, ice machine out of order, your office door is wide open, and hardly anybody at the desk. In the room there is no coffee maker, no ice bucket, ceiling fan has no bulbs, no soap or shampoo, no Kleenex, no sheets for the pullout couch, lamp shades are crooked, found a pill in the pull out couch bed, no clock! I think I overpaid for my room or I shouldn't have been charged for 2 adults. I'm surprised the room had a refrigerator. There was nasty cup of coffee in the microwave and trash in odd places. I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous! I mean what a joke. This hotel should be closed!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Random_Hero84
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Several years ago, I came to this hotel and it was beautiful. Now, it's a total disaster. It barely matches the photos on the website. The exterior of the building needs new paint, the trees in the atrium are dead, ice machine out of order, your office door is wide open, and hardly anybody at the desk. In the room there is no coffee maker, no ice bucket, ceiling fan has no bulbs, no soap or shampoo, no Kleenex, no sheets for the pullout couch, lamp shades ate crooked, found a pill in the pull out couch bed, no clock! I think I overpaid for my room or I shouldn't have been charged for 2 adults. I'm surprised the room had a refrigerator. There was nasty cup of coffee in the microwave and trash in odd places. I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous! I mean what a joke. This hotel should be closed!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Random_Hero84
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

The ceiling in the bathroom was peeling off. I asked for new sheets, because there was blood or blood stains on them. The kitchenette hadn't been cleaned and the microwave hadn't been cleaned very well. So don't let the inviting entrance fool you this place is gross! I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Samsonite123233
Joplin, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

What happened to this place. Ten years ago I used to stay here all the time. Had my first vacation off for Memorial Weekend in forever and decided to stay here. This is not the Presidential Suites that I used to know. OK so you spent a little money on a new sign and paint job out front... this place is a disaster.
Before anyone discredits me as a negative nancy check out my other review on here. I call a spade a spade. I've stayed in dives on Brooks Ave in Memphis better than this. Where to start:
1. Took 20 mins to check in so tattooed punk girl could have her smoke break.
2. Front desk is never staffed, they are all outside smoking (and drinking) out front with their boyfriends. No lie, chicks thug boyfriend was up in my face because I interrupted them to ask a question.
3. Used condom under my bed. Really?!? Your cleaning staff didn't notice this???
4. Toenail clippings piled up in floor. So nobody vaccumed the room.
5. Battery wouldn't say in place in smoke detector. (Shhhh don't tell the fire marshall.)
6. Half lightbulbs were blown out, blub missing in ceiling fan.
7. Chunks of stucco missing out of wall in several locations.
8. All of the trees and vegetation in foyer are dead from lack of water. (Are you really this blind)
9. The fountain in front of elevator is struggling because nobody will fill the water up in it.
10. Memorial Weekend, 87 degrees outside and the pool is closed. when asked why the girl at front desk just looks at you like you are an idiot.
11. The ice machine doesn't work and staff treat you like dirt when you ask for ice.
12. Room 208, the decorative wall between the door and the bed. I get this; what I don't get is the trim around the perimeter of the top. Either replace the broken piece or take it all off. The scotch tape that used to hold the end piece up is a nice touch though. I'll give you a D for effort.
13. No stopper in the bathtub. Why have a bathtub if you can't take a bath???
14. Trash in the cabinets of the kitchenette. Is it too much to ask to clean these out every now and then. (Finding the condom under the bed answers this question.)
What happened to this place? Is there anybody in charge who actually cares? I'm sorry, but I cannot justify staying here again just on the lack of cleanliness let alone the pathetic excuse for hospitality.
If I had to guess the right investor with a little bit of cash will be able to pick this place up for pretty cheap in the next couple of years.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. At least make sure you are up on your shots and antibiotics.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo