“Blood stain????” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #95 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Stillwater, Oklahoma
“Blood stain????”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

On a whim we decided to stay in tulsa. I picked the presidential suites and I should have done more research. The outside was a disaster. Signs on the ground, gutter falling off, security gaurd outside smoking a cigarette and playing music on his phone really loud. We paid $59 for our room and the billboard out front said $45 for the same room. The room was dirty. Mismatched tv and remote. Outdated appliances. The smoke detecter was covered with plastic and there was a stain on the couch that looked like blood. There was lots of door slaming until late in the night and at 4am the people in the room next to us hit the bed so hard the headboard hit my boyfriends hand. I have learned my lesson on doing better research!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank dori586

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tulsa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

The actual hotel looks nothing like the pictures on this site. I reserved the jacuzzi suite for a romantic weekend. I arrived around 4:00 PM on Friday, Nov 8th. The man at the front desk was very nice. The lobby looked OK. I went into the room, and it looked dated, but pretty clean. I took a bath in the jacuzzi. The jets did work, but barely. The TV was older. The remote was missing the battery cover. The heat/air unit was very loud. We went to sleep only to wake up to very loud music around midnight. We called the front desk, and about 30 minutes later the music stopped. In the morning we noticed we had coffee, but no coffee maker. We also had no wash clothes. We went out to eat breakfast. There was warm milk, juice, and no coffee. I tried to start the coffee pot, and it did not work. We had already decided to not stay Saturday night. We rang the bell at the front desk, and a different man came out of the office. I told I was cancelling my Saturday night stay. He did not seem to care why. He refunded my money for Saturday. He was very unfriendly. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank janicem42068
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the spur of the moment whilst travelling Route 66... Upon arrival I realised that more preparation was definitely needed before choosing the next location.

The room smelt of wet dog and the bathroom was filthy. I would definitely not recommend staying at the hotel as I cannot think of one positive note the say about it!

Hopefully if you're reading this then you have done much more preparation than I!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TomBatters
Burbank, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I reserved my jacuzzi suite on June 29, 2013 for August 30 through September 1st. We arrived at 17:31 on August 30th. The lady at the front desk was very nice. We brought our things into our room and had to leave for a wedding rehearsal. We came back about 2200 to take a shower and the water would not warm up. It took 40 minutes before the water was warm enough to take one. Then we tried the jacuzzi tub in which did not work. The was no jet stream and was smoking while in use. We immediately turned it off. The next morning we woke up at 0830 to find no coffee pot in our room, an open bag of coffee, no creamer, no sugar. The "hot continental" breakfast was non existant. We went to get a cup of coffee and there were no cups, not even sure if there was coffee brewed. The waffle machine was on, but no waffle batter. There was 3 bananas which were over ripe. Bowls for cereal with warm milk. No plates, no silverware, nothing else was there except for what I mentioned previously. First 2 attempts to contact someone at the front desk, we were met by a sign that stated will return in 15 minutes. In our room no tissues, no shampoo. There was mildew on the tub, big burn holes on our comfortor. Cigarette burns on the bathroom counter top in a non-smoking room. No brochures were in there and no bible. Now, this is a room I had reserved well in advance, which cost me $261.08. King suites are advertised $45 a night on the marquis. On the 3rd attempt, we saw a gentleman, not sure what his name was, and we told him of the problems with our room. His response was that we can cancel the remainder of our reservation and we could check out. There was no offer for a refund for a regular room rate, no apology, and no attempt to satisfy us with another jacuzzi suite or another available room. He gave me a refund for $119.18 which is completely unsatisfactory! and he still did not apologize! We had to pack up all of our things that morning and had no where to stay for the night and we were leaving to go to a wedding which I was standing up for in Sand Springs. On top of that we are 680 miles from home! This is very disappointing and would like something done about this. That gentleman needs to be trained in customer service and some repercussions need to be made. I work as a customer service rep for a trucking company and if I handled a situation like this with one of our customers, I would have been fired. There is no way how to rate this room, but if I had to on ALL counts it would be a flat 0!!!!

Room Tip: Get a different hotel. This one is for the birds
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Cathleen G
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Several years ago, I came to this hotel and it was beautiful. Now, it's a total disaster. It barely matches the photos on the website. The exterior of the building needs new paint, the trees in the atrium are dead, ice machine out of order, your office door is wide open, and hardly anybody at the desk. In the room there is no coffee maker, no ice bucket, ceiling fan has no bulbs, no soap or shampoo, no Kleenex, no sheets for the pullout couch, lamp shades are crooked, found a pill in the pull out couch bed, no clock! I think I overpaid for my room or I shouldn't have been charged for 2 adults. I'm surprised the room had a refrigerator. There was nasty cup of coffee in the microwave and trash in odd places. I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous! I mean what a joke. This hotel should be closed!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Random_Hero84
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Several years ago, I came to this hotel and it was beautiful. Now, it's a total disaster. It barely matches the photos on the website. The exterior of the building needs new paint, the trees in the atrium are dead, ice machine out of order, your office door is wide open, and hardly anybody at the desk. In the room there is no coffee maker, no ice bucket, ceiling fan has no bulbs, no soap or shampoo, no Kleenex, no sheets for the pullout couch, lamp shades ate crooked, found a pill in the pull out couch bed, no clock! I think I overpaid for my room or I shouldn't have been charged for 2 adults. I'm surprised the room had a refrigerator. There was nasty cup of coffee in the microwave and trash in odd places. I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous! I mean what a joke. This hotel should be closed!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Random_Hero84
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

The ceiling in the bathroom was peeling off. I asked for new sheets, because there was blood or blood stains on them. The kitchenette hadn't been cleaned and the microwave hadn't been cleaned very well. So don't let the inviting entrance fool you this place is gross! I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012