“Motel 6”

Ranked #95 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Motel 6”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This place is close to the Airport and used to be a Holiday Inn. Pretty run down now. I stayed here because my earlier reservation got botched. Don't look for anything special here. My vehicle got vandalized overnite. It's cheap and available ... If you're on a budget and need to be close to the airport .... I've seen worse ...!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DeepDewDew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 9 July 2012

For travelers who want to save money and who don't care about the usual extras (internet, breakfast, shampoo, hairdryer, room service, daily cleaning, easy check-in, iron and ironing board, and so much more that is missing) this is an ok motel. It is quiet, relatively clean, has some rooms that actually look out on a green space instead of a parking lot, and an indoor pool. It also has a neat bar. The rooms were fine. Biggest complaint: my room did not have black-out curtains and the glare from the flood light on the wall outside the room was unbearable with just sheer curtains. However, others in our party did not have this problem, so maybe ask for a different room.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the green space have black out curtains and a pleasant view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank professorB53

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Due to an extremely misleading online car rental transaction with Dollar Rent A Car (why is there no rental car category on here?) I was forced to cut my visit short and return to Tulsa the night before my flight home.

After calling several motels/hotels this one was fairly close to the airport AND was one of the few that offered a shuttle service AND a reasonable rate. And while Motel 6 is not known for being upscale...generally speaking you can usually rely on a generic and clean room.

Well I arrived at the airport, dropped off my rental car and phoned the hotel to request shutle pic-up. After a few minutes of confused himming and hawing...the young lady said someone would be there in a few minutes.

30 minutes later (hotel is 3 miles away?) a gentlemen in a dirty ricketty van pulls up and says he is there to give me a ride to the hotel.

Now while the guy (Joe) couldn't have been any nicer...he apologized for his disheveled appearance and said he had been up on the roof working on air conditioning units all day and that the reason for the long wait was that he normally doesn't drive the "shuttle" and couldn;t get the headlights to turn on. Stating that finally he called someone who informed him he had to pull out the knob and then HIT it...in order to get the lights on. This should have been my first clue as to what was in store.

When we arrived the sign in the front of the building indicated that it had been a Ramada Inn in a previous incarnation, not sure how long ago that was...but you could still make out the wording on the sign where the letters had been scratched off.

Check in was easy enough. Confirmed with the young lady at the desk that I would need the shuttle service to the airport in the morning to catch a 9:00AM flight. She said it would be no problem and to be there at the desk by 7:30. She directed me towards the room and off I went.

There were low dropped ceiling hallways, carpets were torn and dirty, smell of marijuana. Got to my room and while it was a good size and nicely laid out...everything looked dirty and well worn. At this point as was so tired that peeled off the bed spread, laid out some towels over the pillows and went to bed praying that there were no bed bugs.

Woke up, took a shower and reported to the front desk at 7:30 to check out and take the shuttle to the airport, only to be told that the shuttle service doesn't start until 11:00. When I explained that this is NOT what I had been told, she nervously phoned the manager at home (could hear loud voice on the other end of phone) and after refusing (on principal) to take a cab she was finally told to leave the front desk unattended and take me herself.

While the staff was friendly (if not ill informed) I would not stay here or recomend it to ANYONE in its current state.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
USA Traveler
Reviewed 16 March 2012

First I would like to say some of the reviews here seem a bit surreal - and if that is their experience, I am truly sad to hear of their bad experience.

Second I would like to say that if travelers want a better hotel experience and you really are going to believe all of the stories you hear, then do what you can to take the hotel back from the so-called riff-raff.

Third, this is a Route 66 motel. All types of people stay here. It's called reality, people.

Why I typically stay here:
I am in and out of town often and I lived in Tulsa for 20 years. I know the city and while the location is not always optimal, I believe in expressing my loyalty when appropriate. That may cause you to think this review is skewed - re-think that after reading what I wrote above.

I rarely ask for comps, but when I do ask - I receive them. My stays at this hotel have included a toilet that will not be quiet, heavy pot smoking in the room next to mine, and some people that look like gang members hanging around outside their rooms. I do not like to complain to management, mostly because the only situation they can do anything about is the drug usage. Besides, the alleged gang bangers were smoking outside, making the smoking smell less pervasive in the room they were staying in. The toilet? Have yet to stay in that room again, so no idea if it is fixed.

When I encounter problems here, they are handled ***at least as well as they are at other hotels of this class***.
Motel 6 is not a four star hotel, and from the lack of reviews of this place, it looks like only a very few people have had any real issues with this property.

My star ratings mean more than any words I could say. I've stayed at some real dumps and I've stayed at some classy places.

Room Tip: Make a reservation and express your needs at that time. Contact the hotel directly, not the toll fre...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I usually don't have a problem staying with Motel 6 because in general they give good value for people on a budget. This location, though, has it's problems. It's located on the east side of town, on Garrett Road, close to I-44 and the neighborhood is not one of the better neighborhoods in the city. Usually when you check in at 5 PM you can go into the office without any problem. At this location, though, I found the office to be locked, and I had to use the night window, obviously because of the need for extra security. There was also a sign that the Tulsa Police patrol the area on a regular basis. This is a good indication that there have been numerous crimes committed either at the motel or in the area. I didn't let that discourage me, though, and checked in. The motel was full. Many trucks were parked around the motel, and some had left their engines running. Throughout the night I heard cars and trucks coming and going. Also I-44 was so close that I could hear trucks traveling down the highway throughout the night. Because of the noise, I did not get a good night's sleep. Even though the price was very reasonable, the indication of criminal activity, and the constant noise from trucks makes me reluctant to ever stay at this location again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 January 2011

In summary
The place has a lot of slums at all times of the night. Not to mention the door doesn't shut all the way. Then I have seen 5 mice running through the room. I was laying in my bed and it started climbing up the side. There is a huge hole in wall I have watched 3 run out of. It is the worse out of hundreds of hotels I have stayed in. When I get a chance I am calling BBB to hopefully close this place down. I would not let my dogs live in this filth. The mice thing is what completely made it a true dump. I will never stay there again I left four days before I was planned to check out, so please do not stay here at this nasty mice filled place!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011
Dennis, Kansas
Reviewed 11 October 2010

if you want a wake up call in the morning ( 1:40am) from locals becouse thay dont filter there phone calls. as well as getting cused out from said caller. i sugest you not to stay in this hotel. the rooms are not clean, and they did not put any towles in the room as well. you will find hair in the sheets. not a clean place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family