“Should have done more research on this place...”
Review of Motel 6 Tulsa West

Motel 6 Tulsa West
Ranked #86 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“Should have done more research on this place...”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

before making reservations. Booked this motel prior to a motorcycle trip. This motel would be where I would stay at the end of my third leg of the trip. Liked that it was near Route 66 (nice ride!).
Pulled into the parking lot around 8:00pm and already was thinking that I had made a mistake. People drinking and hanging out around the perimeter of the building and courtyard. Checked in and paid cash for the room because I was hesitant to use my credit card.
Upon finding my room and parking my bike I was greeted by the annoying barking of a dog two rooms from mine. To make a longer story short, I eventually did confront the woman owner of the dog in regards to the barking. She was quite offended and belligerent that I dare complain about her dog. This was in the parking lot while I was unloading my bike and she was out with her dog. Her defense was that "if he hears a noise he's gonna bark. That's what he do." Upon returning to her room, the husband comes out and gets involved. Just what I need, I'm thinking. Fortunately, after a brief exchange we parted ways and nothing further happened and I ended up staying the night. In fact, I only heard one more brief bit of dog noise after that.
Must also mention that I went down to the office to buy a bottled water and a snack from the vending machines. While there, a gentleman was checking out of his room and asking for a refund. Complained that there were five guys drinking outside of his room. I waited outside for him and when he came out I mentioned my experience and what I thought of the surroundings. He said he wasn't going to tolerate that sort of thing and that he was going to find somewhere else to stay. Also said that he thought there were "hookers" on the premises. Might be true, as I had noticed that in the snack machine there were two selections for condoms.
Judging by the work vehicles in the parking lot and the clientele, this must be a place where contract workers stay.
I left early the next morn. I wasn't going to stick around for the continental breakfast (if there was one). I could only imagine what that might be like! Went to a nearby McDonald's for breakfast.
I've read reviews on TripAdvisor before but not on this particular motel. If I had, it would have influenced my decision and I would have avoided this error in judgement. Also, I've never written a review on TripAdvisor but I felt that this was necessary so other people wouldn't make the same mistake.
Oh yeah, in all fairness I will say that the room was satisfactory.
I realize this review is quite lengthy but it's something I had to do (and I didn't even mention the woman and her drunk, mumbling husband).
Stay away!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank David C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mannford, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The first room they gave use the beds were not made and the blankets were sitting in the corner. We had our 6 year old with us and it just didnt seem like a safe place for a family with kids to stay. There were a lot of people that were drunk and possibly on drugs running around outside yelling. We had to go to the office to get ice or snacks. I NEVER plan to stay there again. the person at the front desk was rood. They didnt even say they were sorry for the first room then my husband had to walk upstairs and hes disabled on a cane. i feel i am owed at least a sorry. then they charged me $6.00 for wifi i think thats rediculus.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Cons: Non-smoking room smelled terribly of smoke. Funky/greasy stains on wall AND ceiling. They only give 2 towels (per couple?) and one of them stained!

Pros: Bed & linens were clean and pest free. A/C worked great. Well kept grounds & pool.

We used to stay here every trip, great on budget -- now we must consider paying more.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Absolutely no frills, location isn't wonderful, but if you want an affordable night's sleep in the Tulsa area....you are good to go here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 12 October 2009

For the price I was very happy. We had 3 rooms for two days each, and they were all clean, everything worked, and the rooms are good sized. Wifi access was also available, and very good at times.

Ron

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank RonDTexas
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I moved here from another local motel and was very pleasantly surprised. Where the other motel room was dark, dirty and sized for a hobbit, this room was light, clean and had room to move without tripping over the furniture.

The beds were not new but the linens were crisp and clean, as were the bath towels. The one drawback was that they allowed pets and the room smelled like wet dog. The Febreeze quickly wore off and I spread carpet deodorant before leaving for dinner and upon returning to the hotel I asked the clerk to borrow a housekeeping vacuum... the clerk was very embarrassed and ran to clean my room again, even going so far as to insist I take another room. I remained where I was and the rest of my 4 day stay was very pleasant.

They did more than just make the beds and change the towels every day, the rooms were actually CLEANED every day.

The only downside was that at the time they did not offer wireless which they now do have.

The staff is friendly, the service is great and the room are even better... all at a bargain price. You can't expect more for the price you are paying here.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We booked 2 rooms for a one night stay over. One of the rooms was horrible. It had a bad odor from pets that had stayed in it before we arrived and it was not clean. The shower did not work well, overall the room was not fit for anyone. When we told the management about it, they said they ran out of cleaning supplies. They did nothing to satisfy our complaints. We wrote to the Motel 6 website and they only sent us a form letter. We could not even sleep under the covers, as the beds were smelly and filthy. We were ripped off and Motel 6 would do nothing to fix the matter. Do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2009