“Pleasant Stay!”
Review of Motel 6 Tulsa West

Motel 6 Tulsa West
Ranked #84 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Really surprised at recent reviews of this location; not what I experienced at all. Wife and I travel the country as freight expediters and stay in either Motel 6's or Red Roof Inn's because we travel with our furry companion. Rate was very reasonable. Check in was fast and easy. Front desk clerk was very friendly and professional in every way. Room was very clean and fresh. Plenty of parking even for big rigs. Peaceful quite night. The next morning there was and elderly male employee walking the grounds picking up trash and litter and emptying trash. There was another young man cleaning and servicing pool. The grounds are immaculate and pool area is first class. Christopher was on duty upon check out and was super friendly and very professional. He definitely has a bright future because of his cheerful disposition and professionalism. Next time we're in the area I want hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Tulsa West

Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stay at many hotels and motels across the country; we stay in many Motel 6's. This is one of the two worst we have ever seen. The only good thing I have to say is that it is cheap. Asked the front desk to be sure and put us in a room where we could park in front of the door - she put us midway down a long sidewalk behind the pool. There can't have been 30 other rooms occupied, so there were other rooms much closer. Carpet is filthy. Beds are awful. TV is about 12" by 14". Everything works, so far. Heater has no top panel and is full of lint. This is the sort of place to cause you to reconsider ever staying at another property in this chain. The outside of the hotel was also filthy. Lots of places take dogs these days, but this property does NOTHING to either encourage owners to pick up after their pets or to clean up occasionally after the ones who do not. Piles of dog poo all over, including on the sidewalk in front of our room. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: I doubt if there is one, here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We made the mistake of staying at this hotel on a recent cross country trip because they accept dogs. We should have stayed at La Quinta but my husband wanted to "save money" We asked for a non smoking room and the room reeked of smoke. The heater stopped working so we moved to another room and it also reeked of smoke. There was a lot of road noise and neither my husband or I slept well. Motel 6 is a budget hotel but some are better than others so avoid this particular property and stay somewhere else - there are plenty of other hotels in Tulsa. We regret being cheap and staying at this particular Motel 6. They did have a lot of grass for the dogs though which is why I gave it a rating of 2 rather than a 1.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Be prepared to sleep in a place that looks like taken from the road thriller movies. Generally it's scary and dark place with strange hotel guests (mostly truck drivers I guess). The room was not so clean but better than outside. In fact we found some bugs at the laundry room! The breakfast, just cornflakes and waffles.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2012

this hotel blows chunks......granted this is a Motel 6 no frills..... very basic....at least they wash the sheets....but this hotel is riddled with BED BUGS.....went and stayed there two days.......had welts and bumps and bite marks 3 days later.......now I gotta disinfect all my clothes and luggage.....this place is a nightmare.......try the Super 8 across the road instead

Room Tip: If you want a decent value priced room go to the Motel 6 off May street in OKC.....newer hotel.....i...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2011

before making reservations. Booked this motel prior to a motorcycle trip. This motel would be where I would stay at the end of my third leg of the trip. Liked that it was near Route 66 (nice ride!).
Pulled into the parking lot around 8:00pm and already was thinking that I had made a mistake. People drinking and hanging out around the perimeter of the building and courtyard. Checked in and paid cash for the room because I was hesitant to use my credit card.
Upon finding my room and parking my bike I was greeted by the annoying barking of a dog two rooms from mine. To make a longer story short, I eventually did confront the woman owner of the dog in regards to the barking. She was quite offended and belligerent that I dare complain about her dog. This was in the parking lot while I was unloading my bike and she was out with her dog. Her defense was that "if he hears a noise he's gonna bark. That's what he do." Upon returning to her room, the husband comes out and gets involved. Just what I need, I'm thinking. Fortunately, after a brief exchange we parted ways and nothing further happened and I ended up staying the night. In fact, I only heard one more brief bit of dog noise after that.
Must also mention that I went down to the office to buy a bottled water and a snack from the vending machines. While there, a gentleman was checking out of his room and asking for a refund. Complained that there were five guys drinking outside of his room. I waited outside for him and when he came out I mentioned my experience and what I thought of the surroundings. He said he wasn't going to tolerate that sort of thing and that he was going to find somewhere else to stay. Also said that he thought there were "hookers" on the premises. Might be true, as I had noticed that in the snack machine there were two selections for condoms.
Judging by the work vehicles in the parking lot and the clientele, this must be a place where contract workers stay.
I left early the next morn. I wasn't going to stick around for the continental breakfast (if there was one). I could only imagine what that might be like! Went to a nearby McDonald's for breakfast.
I've read reviews on TripAdvisor before but not on this particular motel. If I had, it would have influenced my decision and I would have avoided this error in judgement. Also, I've never written a review on TripAdvisor but I felt that this was necessary so other people wouldn't make the same mistake.
Oh yeah, in all fairness I will say that the room was satisfactory.
I realize this review is quite lengthy but it's something I had to do (and I didn't even mention the woman and her drunk, mumbling husband).
Stay away!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank David C
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The first room they gave use the beds were not made and the blankets were sitting in the corner. We had our 6 year old with us and it just didnt seem like a safe place for a family with kids to stay. There were a lot of people that were drunk and possibly on drugs running around outside yelling. We had to go to the office to get ice or snacks. I NEVER plan to stay there again. the person at the front desk was rood. They didnt even say they were sorry for the first room then my husband had to walk upstairs and hes disabled on a cane. i feel i am owed at least a sorry. then they charged me $6.00 for wifi i think thats rediculus.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family