Desert Hills Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Tulsa
See available hotels
Expo Inn(Tulsa)
Rest Inn(Tulsa)
Delux Inn(Tulsa)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2011

"Historic Route 66 Motel", but it's very run down and in need of serious repairs. Looks ok from the outside, and the Neon sign works, but don't stay there. I was worried all night long, and it was a very long, noisy night.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flabeachfan
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Desert Hills Motel is along historic route 66 and located 4.5 miles from downtown Tulsa.
The motel is operated by an Indian family. The neon desert sign, some paintings, and the structure of the
building bring memories from the 60's. But that's all. The rooms although clean,
they are old and with zero noise insulation. You can hear everything and this is disgusting!
Although the area looks safe (I walked twice from downtown at midnight),
besides a very good diner, there is nothing interesting closeby except car dealers. The motel is cheap,
I paid $45 including tax, however it still cannot compete the "brand names" in the area which
have a very similar price. Wireless internet is free but my computer was affected by spyware.
I am not sure if that was my fault or the hotels but be aware. No breakfast available but try the diner I
mentioned before which is superior. A cab to cherry street costs $12.
In conclusion, I stayed there because I booked late and nothing was
available downtown. If I had the choice again I would either stay downtown or
try the brand names close to the airport.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2010

This motel was okay, no frills, just your basic rest your head motel. It was clean, and smelled good. I was a little worried about the area knowing that 11th street is known for its suspicious activity, but the only thing I saw was at midnight the night we arrived and that was up the road a bit. Other than that it was a quiet area, and nothing really happened while we were there. Although that may have been due to the blizzard we got. I can not complain, the staff was nice and helpful, and our room was freshly cleaned every time we left. The only issue I had was that there wasnt an outlet in the bathroom for my blowdryer and hair straightner, but there was one in the closet. The floor in the bathroom could of used some help, but like I said, if you just want a cheap and basic place to rest your head then this is a good motel, and the beds were very comfortable. Oh, and the restaraunt up the street was awsome.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank cupcake27
Reviewed 17 December 2009

stayed here in August as part of our 66 trip. Room ok and in keeping with the 66 no frills whatsoever,, but it was the only place on the entire 3500 miles that we did,( including Vegas and some side trips), when we felt very uncomfortable about our surroundings. I am a 50 year old woman and was standing on the pavement outside the reception area when 3 separate cars tooted their horn at me and another driver stopped next to me and beckoned me over. My husband and I and our 14 year old quickly went to the nearest Walmart before it got dark, got some food and literally barricaded ourselves in the room for the night. Was I glad to see morning. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank cfamily99
Reviewed 12 October 2009

The neon cactus sign sets a cool retro mood & warm bathroom floors certainly contribute to guests feeling comfy:D
P.S. When we were leaving the receptionist gave us with a "I've done my laundry at the Desert Hills Motel in Tulsa"-pillow slip with ROUTE 66 sign on it (probably because he noticed i was taking pictures of every Route 66 sign i've spotted in the motel :D )

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple