“Wouldnt stay here again.”
Review of Desert Hills Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulsa
Desert Hills Motel
Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The rooms were dirty. The house keeping was aweful. Didnt supply clean towels for next day. Was way expensive for poor service. They didnt listen to me when i checked in on how long was stayin then was rude about it.wldnt go back or recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ashovon

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Desert Hills Motel 5220 E. 11th St., Tulsa, OK 74112
This was our second choice in Tulsa, we were travelling with two ladies, you know Patsy and Edina sweetie, so every motel or hotel, we had to ask the owners for a set of key, so that we could look at every room, when everyone was happy, we would then decide to stay or go, it’s a good idea, as it will save you the trouble leaving negative reviews, this is a real find on ROUTE 66, and should not be passed by, or written off. These places are few and far between and need saving.
Has everything you need, so cheap, and a fab Diner down the road, see review.
Thank you to the owners and staff Desert Hills Motel who maintain the Motel, and I would love to be invited back, for a photo shoot.
All my reviews are written from the heart, and how each place made me feel, I never write a negative review, due to the fact that if I have a problem or complaint, I open my mouth while I am there, let’s be fair and give people a chance to rectify problems, stop all this negativity.

Lee Wood
www.pendlepictures.com

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PendlePictures
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We drove Route 66 in August 2012 and were looking forward to our night in Tulsa. However, various people had warned us about this particular stretch of Route 66 and, as it turned out, rightly so. When we arrived at the Desert Hills Motel, we were absolutely petrified! A very suspicious looking 'guest' sat on the curb of the motel on his phone, watching our every move. A tattooed hispanic guest arrived with women in the back of his car, loud music thudding away. And a creepy looking man wandered around outside our room. We locked ourselves in our room and peeked out of the curtains. There was no way we were going to stay here; it was totally unsafe. Meanwhile, the room itself was the pits - there were stains on the bed sheets (no surprise - you can book the room by the hour!) and calling it 'basic' would be polite. We went back to reception and asked for a refund, but they weren't interested. I pleaded with them that we felt unsafe. "Nonsense", the receptionist said, from behind her bullet-proof glass screen (oh the irony!). Needless to say, we accepted our losses and went to a Holiday Inn a few miles away - safety is priceless. Avoid the Desert Hills Motel at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Will23C1982
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I am wondering if I stayed in the same place all the other reviewers did. I did come on here before I booked as was Really worried about the room but still booked for some reason. When we got there it looked really cool from outside, especially the sign. We checked in and parked right outside our room. I was still really scared about what I would find but once inside I was really confused at what was supposed to be so bad. Ok it's not amazing but if anything it's a little outdated. I found it to be clean and had no problems with it at all. I'd say give it a go but would be surprised if anyone did after reading the other reviews on here! Also there is a really good diner if you turn left out of the motel and carry on to the cross roads!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sparklie_em
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Sorry to say this is the worse motel I have ever stayed at. My husband and I travel for his work and, we didn't know the area , we were tired of driving so we checked in. The room was so filthy , and roach infested with bedbugs that I had to go to the emergency room the next morning with bug bites all over my body. When I told the owner about the bedbugs and roaches he handed me some roach bait motel, and a tube of Hydrocortisone cream for the bites all over my face. The owner took the urine stained bed (with bedbugs)out of this room and put it into another room. I notified the Health Dept. There was filthy walls with holes from being punched in, and the tub was disgusting. The house keeping lady came and all she did was empty the 5 gal bucket. The towels were stained along with the sheets and cigarette holes in them. They only vacuumed my room when the heath dept. came out to this room. When we checked in we paid for a week so there was no refund. I wished I had read all the reviews before traveling here. Please be aware of the nasty conditions here , and keep driving past this place.

Room Tip: Bring Bug Spray with you
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank LinnieInPensacola
Reviewed 2 September 2012

my husband and 4 month old son had to stay here for a while while we waited for our new house to be finished. it may have a nice neon sign but the rest is trash the rooms were big yeah but the owners are hard to understand and demanding when they come by in the morning. the room we had the bathtub was stained for motor oil or something to that effect. because we had to stay a little longer than they upped our rates 10 more dollars and we took everything with us when we had to go somewhere. I didnt feel comfortable even leaving my hair brush here. just keep driving don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank skittlesandcandy
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Did a road trip on Route 66 starting June 1. All Route 66 books mentioned this motel. It looks charming from the outside. Drive by and look at motel but DO NOT stay there. The rooms are the worst I have ever seen. We noticed that most of their customers came and went in a taxi !!!
If you are looking for a charming old classic motel stop in Tucumcari N Mex at HISTORIC ROUTE 66 motel. Great owners and rooms.

Room Tip: Check with reviews on tripadvisor and check out the rooms before you pay for them. Just because the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends