“Great place to play”

River Spirit Casino Resort
Ranked #38 of 125 things to do in Tulsa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: River Spirit Casino Resort has brought a little slice of paradise to Tulsa with Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant, which opened in 2016. The addition of this new casino means River Spirit now has two casinos in one, each with its own distinctive atmosphere and décor. With over 3,000 high-tech electronic machines, numerous poker tables and table games, River Spirit Casino and Margaritaville Casino are the destination of choice for casino excitement. River Spirit Casino Resort features a luxurious 483-room hotel, retail shops, a 30,000 square foot convention and meeting center, a 2,500+ seat showroom theater for live entertainment and sporting events. Guests can enjoy several dining and entertainment venues including Visions Buffet, Johnny Rockets - The Original Hamburger, Scoreboard Sports Bar, 5 o'Clock Somewhere Bar, and Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville restaurant. Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My son and I went today only casino I know in Oklahoma u can play slots for 5 hours and not sell ur house!!!! Lolol!! It was nice time today will be back!!!

3  Thank ronnie s
"front desk"
"arkansas river"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I live about 3 miles from Riverspirit and spend quite a bit of time there. The payouts have gotten very low and even though I don't think they turn the machines down as I've heard many people comment, somethings happening. The buffet has gone down hill so I rarely eat there. The comps are obviously going to high rollers only and although I don't consider myself a high roller, my bank roll is not small by any means. My comps fluctuate so much it's not even funny; they're just not consistent in anything they do. Comps are very important to me so it bugs the heck out of me to have decent comps one month and the next month they barely exist. Another problem is the parking lot they have designated for high rollers. It's in a secure area but it's never full, in fact it's almost always half empty so it gripes me to have to drive around looking for a freaking parking place when you think by now that they should have figured it out long ago that they don't need to block off that much as space, open it up! Needless to say, although I hate the drive to Hard Rock, I love the comps I get there and I don't give them near as much of my money as I do RS, but it comes a time where you make the decision that enough is enough. I know it's gambling, but come on guys, get with it. Loosen up or you will eventually be the LOSER!

5  Thank Grace02
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We live just a couple of miles from this casino, so we use to visit it frequently. Over the last couple of years it has gone downhill. Once they announced plans to expand, it's like they turned off any payouts for the average player. If you're willing to max bet on $1 or higher machines you might come out ahead.

The buffet was at one time very good, and a very good deal. Don't know if they have management problems or just don't want to spend much on supplies. The food quality has gone to very bad, with a very limited selection. We went last week during the evening buffet ($17 per person). There were several kinds of cheap fish, a slicing roast, and overcooked fried chicken. The "roast" was very tough, and needed several more hours before it was done. About 1 inch of the outside was done, my slice had some done and a large section I don't think even saw any heat. It looks like they are keeping costs down as there were several meatless pasta dishes, and other cheap to fix vegetables that tasted like they were from a can.

And I agree with the other review, they need to keep the meth tweakers and homeless out. It's not uncommon to go to the bathroom to see someone shooting up, and I've seen people smoking meth on the floor. Homeless come in for the cool, free sodas, take sponge baths in the bathrooms, and will hit on you for money.

If you want bad food and to give some money away go here. If you want a decent chance of winning, and something edible - try one of the other casinos in the Tulsa area.

8  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Yes, it was terribly smoky and not terribly glamorous by Vegas standards but they did pay occasionally and the buffet was nice.

Now however, they have entered into an expansion scheme with Margaritaville and all bets are off (so to speak). They will not give even a smidge to poor suckers like us. Tribal Council...this is no way to treat your loyal customers! We have gambled there every week (and sometimes twice a week) for the past two years and the change is real. All profits are being plowed into their "building fund". If you want to contribute, go right ahead. As for me, there are other tribes, other casinos.

And the buffet...the food quality has eroded to the point where it is not worth the $7 they charge for lunch. Eat at your own risk!!!

6  Thank itkah