“Great hotel with comp car service!”
Review of The Mayo Hotel

The Mayo Hotel
Ranked #15 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
San Francisco, California
“Great hotel with comp car service!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were in Tulsa for a wedding, and we're pleasantly surprised by our awesome stay at The Mayo. Beautifully remodeled, spacious, modern and clean rooms with very comfortable beds with lots of pillows and high thread count sheets. Nice kitchenette in room and lack out curtains helped us sleep in! The staff was very friendly and helpful and there is a free car service that will pick up/ drop off from the airport and drive you around to local attractions. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tyler B
Lukas V, Front Office Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Tyler B,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and got to take advantage of our complimentary car service.

Everyone here appreciates your recognition and we all hope to see you again.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We came to Tulsa for a wedding. The bride and groom booked a block of rooms for guests at the Hampton. We decided to treat ourselves to the historic Mayo. Our suite was large and nice enough. The bed was comfortable. We had a bite to eat at Trula's in the hotel shortly after checking in. The bar was full and there was only one bartender, no other waitstaff. This was poor staffing given there was a wedding in the lobby. The most disappointing and shocking event of our stay was being awakened at 7 am Sunday morning by workers outside the hotel. There was a large, noisy truck that sounded like a garbage truck retrieving trash for forty five minutes straight. My husband went downstairs to get me some tea as none was offered in the room. Most nicer properties offer tea in the room with complimentary coffee. Also, there is no complimentary coffee or tea in the lobby and Trula's doesn't open until 8 am. I wish they could have held off the workers for at least another hour. This hotel is not worth the rate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharla T
Dear Sharla T,

We always strive to impress our guests, but in your case we obviously failed. Every room should have complimentary tea and coffee, and I already briefed our housekeeping staff to pay close attention to this matter in the future.

When it comes to the noise issue, unfortunately, there is not much that we could have done to prevent them from starting in the morning on that day. At the same time the versatility of our building allows us to place guests on higher floors where they do not get affected by any noise - and we always do if the availability allows it.

Please contact me at 918-895-8406 if you are willing to give us another chance. I will personally make arrangements for you, and make sure that you can enjoy your stay with us to its fullest extent.

And finally, thank you for taking time to write this review. Any feedback is extremely valuable to us, and we take it very seriously.

WaKeeney
Reviewed 23 May 2014

A friend and I went to Tulsa for a concert. We decided to stay at the Mayo because of the proximity to the BOK and the roof top bar even-though the price was very high ($340.00 plus valet parking). When we got there we found out the roof top bar was closed and the room was small and there was a large stain on the carpet. I would not stay there again and for that price I could not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank compacdave
Dear compacdave,

I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience in the Mayo. Our rooftop bar is currently opened only on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and unfortunately the concert you attended was on Wednesday, and that is why it was closed.

At the same time, we realize what a fantastic place our rooftop bar is, and many people do expect it to be open on a concert night. Thus, we are seriously considering this option so everyone staying at the Mayo can get the most out of the experience.

If you are in the area again, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at 918-895-8406. I would love the opportunity to meet and make sure everything is top notch with your stay.

Best,

Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Very surprised when we stayed here one night in May 2014. We loved our room, bed and service. This hotel has lots of history and a special feel. A special thanks to front office manager, Lukas Vodicka who was so helpful in many ways. Some of the best coffee next store too. We want to come back.
Mitchell Kot

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 146Mitchell
Lukas V, Front Office Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Mr. Kot,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot to me and my team here at the Mayo. We always strive to offer excellent service, thus it makes me very happy to read a positive review such as yours.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me for future arrangements if you find yourselves in the area again.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Mayo Hotel is a very clean hotel with a modern vibe while maintaining the charm of the historic building. The rates here are VERY reasonable considering the accommodations. Great little coffee shop at the hotel made breakfast/coffee easy.

Room Tip: Ask for BOK view - West side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I hate writing a less than glowing review of a property, but I could not accept the level of service from the General Manager of this hotel, Macy Snyder. Very surprised at the overall CS at The Mayo. I was scheduled to come to Tulsa the prior week but was hit by the tornadoes in TN. I had damage at my house as well as flights cancelled. They stuck me for $248!! I immediately called to cancel my room and let the front desk know what had happened and offered for them to reschedule for this week. I asked that I not be charged for a cancellation. Spoke with Nicole who was sympathetic and said that the owner Macy Snyder would have to approve. She transferred me and I left a detailed message with contact information. No call back. Called again. Nothing. Sent 2 emails. Nothing. Got to the hotel this week and she was "not available". Unacceptable behavior. I know many people have excuses but had pics of my house, flight cancellation information, etc. That is it for CS. Now to the hotel. Property was quite nice. I had a suite which was very large, yet very noisy with construction going on outside. Bed was comfortable but found out quickly that Tulsa is a windy city and that the window shake all night. That made for a less than good nights sleep. Bathroom was large but with poor lighting. Shower had mold growing in it which was gross, but I am used to that as I travel the world. They had a nice fitness center but was dirty. The towel dispenser for cleaning of the machines was full, but the towelettes were dried out. Pics and equipment were dusty. They did provide bottled water for your workout. I did not eat at the restaurant. Dependent on Ms. Snyder's actions will determine if I stay there again. I will be there for a couple of days a month along with people who work for me. We will see how this plays out.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Brian B
Lukas V, Front Office Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Brian B,

I would like to apologize for the experience that you had in the Mayo. We always strive to be the best, and we take all the issues that you brought up very seriously.

Our housekeeping staff has already been instructed to fix the problems in the bathroom and fitness center.

When it comes to your difficulties with cancelling your reservation due to unforeseen circumstances - I will happily apply the cancellation amount towards your next stay. Someone should have been able to communicate with you regarding this matter, and Macy and I are taking all necessary steps to ensure a miscommunication like this never happens again.

I am sorry to hear that you were affected by the tornadoes, and I truly hope everything turned out to be OK with your property and family.

Please feel free to contact me at 918-815-9224 and I would be more than happy to arrange for your next stay and personally make sure everything is beyond your expectations.

Lastly, thank you for sharing your opinion. We aim to live up to the highest standards and always appreciate reviews as a way to evolve.

Best,

Fitchburg, WI
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I spent two nights here and our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. It is a beautiful hotel. We were upgraded to a suite that was huge. I think I could live in it! We also ate at the Trula Restaurant onsite. The food is delicious and so reasonably priced. I had Ahi tuna for dinner and I think it was only $18. The breakfast we had was also wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel if you find yourself in downtown Tulsa.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MontanaDakota
Dear MontanaDakota,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. It is an honor to get a compliment from a seasoned traveler like you, and I am always pleased to read that we did our job well.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are in the area again. I would love to make sure that your future stay goes at least as well as the previous one.