“Clean, Newer, Great Beds, Nice Breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Southeast/Crossroads Village
Ranked #45 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Clean, Newer, Great Beds, Nice Breakfast”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed during the power outage at home--so glad we found this Fairfield Inn. I would highly recommend this one. It is a newer property, the desk and breakfast people are friendly, and our room was spotless. We had an issue with the television, but the front desk got us fixed up quickly. The beds and linens were great, the breakfast hit the spot (waffle maker, jimmy dean sandwiches, fresh fruit, etc.), and we did not hear a peep out of our neighbors (and the motel was completely full that night. On top of all that, the senior rate was a great price. Thank you all for a great stay.

Room Tip: We always choose a top floor away from the elevator when possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SfromTulsa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Rates are very reasonable and the hotel is clean and comfortable. The free breakfast is varied from day to day. There are occasions when youth athletic teams may stay on a weekend when competing. Can be a little noisy at those times. Otherwise very quite and peaceful. Staff is very helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Away from elevators and ice machines
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Russell R
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, very clean, friendly staff, and great rates. It is close to sports complexes, shopping, and restaurants without being in the major traffic areas. Quick access off the highway and turnpike. Indoor pool, complimentary hot breakfast buffet, free wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JessAnderson3
Eufaula
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two days while traveling and it was very nice. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to our every request. We will stay here again when we travel. The rooms are clean and the hotel is very quite and conducive to relaxing and recharging.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Eufaula_J
Cedar City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My wife and I stayed here while I spent time with family in Hillcrest South. They took good care of us. Nice pool and hot tub and they were kind. It wasn't close to any resturants, but we ate at the hosptial cafeteria which was good.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Orinda, CA
Reviewed 10 January 2013

So many of the hotels at this level in the Tulsa area are near malls and traffic. This is just minutes away from whatever you want to do and very near St. Francis Hospital but you don't have to battle traffic every time you drive in and out of the hotel. They are a bit off the beaten path and our GPS would not take the address but a quick call to the hotel got us there and it was basically just exit and turn and then turn in so it was simple.

Very clean; pleasant enough staff; breakfast on par with any complimentary breakfast and I've had many. The eggs were the usual instant or whatever but one day they were making omelets. Unfortunately, we had plans with friends for breakfast that day! They have the waffle machine and yogurt, cereal, etc. The place seemed like new even though they've been there a few years and was very current in interior design.

Close to the expressway but even though our room on the 4th floor faced the overpass we had no problem with noise.

Liked that they had a gym and pool and large countertops to spread out your stuff on. No luggage rack in room was odd but they had the other usual amenities of iron, blow dryer. Complimentary wifi and USA Today. Funny how in some high end places you have to pay extra for those things and a place like Fairfield is more than sufficient and these things are free.

They had those 4 little pillows per bed that they are putting in this level hotel now. I like big regular sized pillows. Good mattresses though and slept great.

We've done The Loft, Holiday Inn Express and several others but this is the one for us from now on when visiting family in the area, not because it is so much better but because we like the quietness of it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Warrenville, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I did the blind name your own price on priceline and did not know what hotel I was getting until my bid went through. I selected a general area with certain requirements for $50 a night while in town for Christmas. Just my luck, $50 worked like a charm for the Fairfield Inn. I was pleasantly surprised as I've never had a bad stay at a Marriott!

I decided to stay at a hotel rather than sleeping on couches with family, as I'm a type of person who likes to have my space, sleep in, etc and this was perfect. The location was amazing as well, right off the highways/turnpikes too. Make sure to look at the hotel's website and use the address in the "maps/directions" page if using a GPS.The only down side is that there are not any restaurants or really anything nearby in walking distance.

I arrived at the hotel around 2 and asked if I could check in even though check in is normally at 3. Luckily they had my room (single - king) available and I checked in quick and easy. She explained to me the breakfast hours, and also mentioned that there would be no housekeeping on Christmas Day, but if you need anything, the front desk could help.

I arrived in my room, and the first thing I noticed, there was a smell... I'm not sure how to describe it, it was like a mold/cat smell? I sprayed febreeze, and it went away. Even that night when I came back from dinner, I smelled it right away when I walked in...but as the days passed, it went away.

Another thing I noticed...the room was extremely dry. I couldn't put on enough lotion, lip balm, and I was even starting to get broncho spasms as I'm an asthmatic. When i came back from dinner I asked the guy at the front desk if by any chance they had any humidifiers. I wasn't surprised when the answer was no, however he suggested to run my shower on hot for a little bit. So I went up stairs, and turned the shower on hot for about 10-15 minutes. Right when I was going to turn it off....the smoke detector in my room went off. It took a few minutes, what seemed like forever, to get the thing turned off and the front desk guy had to come upstairs and make sure everything was okay in the room.

However, after talking with a few friends, I was able to go to CVS down the road and purchased a Portable Humidifier for 29.99. It worked like a charm the rest of my stay!

I kept my do not disturb sing on my door the whole time as 1. I was on vacation and wanted to sleep in 2. It was only me in the room 3. I had gifts and all my stuff all over the place. I saw one housekeeping lady in the hall one day and grabbed an extra few towels...but not once did they knock on my door which was appreciated. Some hotels, regardless if you have the sign up, will still knock. I appreciated this.

The bed was extremely comfortable as always in Marriott hotels.

The room I stayed in was a little on the small size. Like I said, it was just me for the 4 days, but I think even with 2 people it would get cramped.

I wish they had more outlets by the bed... I had to do some rearranging, as there are only 2 plug outlets on each side of the bed...and there are already 2 lamps. So trying to plug in an outlet for my laptop, cellphone charger and then the humidifier, i had to unplug one of the lamps as well as move the alarm clock to the desk. If one of the outlets was a 4 plug, that would be helpful.

Also, another downside, there was no full length mirror in the room. I literally had to stand on the bed to look at the mirror on the wall above the dresser to see how my outfit looked before I left.

Hairdryer in the room was small....but surprisingly powerful.

The air condition/heating unit was a little noisy with the heat, and I didn't get much sleep the first night with it on because I was not used to the popping it makes when it comes on.

The breakfast down stairs was pretty good. They had the typical waffle station, bagels, muffins, breads, cereals, yogurt, fruit as well as a hot dish that changed daily. One day I was down there it was scrambled eggs and sausage, another day it was a scrambled eggs like combination with peppers and sausages mixed in. It was tasty.

On Christmas morning I was pleasantly surprised when I walked out of my room and saw a stocking full of goodies hanging on my door handle from the staff. There was a small bottle of water, candy, crackers, a cd...it was really nice! It definitely made my morning, and Christmas :)

However...my only real disappointment with this hotel is that they were not prepared for the weather that came on Christmas day. I have been watching the weather before I even left and they were talking winter storm on Christmas day in Oklahoma. I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to get to my sister's inlaws, or that the plastic scraper the rental company gave me wouldn't work. Well, I was getting ready and I opened my blinds....I noticed a man was on the stretcher and an ambulance was down there. I also noticed the paramedics were slipping on the ground trying to get the guy in the stretcher. This scared me, because if they can't walk down there and they have tough shoes on...how am I?

I eventually made my way downstairs, and found out that the guy slipped and fell outside, as well as the ambulance also hit some of the bricks on the posts because of the ice! It was crazy as more EMSA people came to document the incident, etc. Well, the hotel had not put out any salt yet.

I had to wait for the maintenance guy to go around and salt the whole parking lot before I could "safely" walk to my car to begin scraping the ice off.Luckily I made it out with not a problem, and I hope that man is okay....but that could have been me walking out there and falling if I decided I wanted to leave earlier. So not being prepared for the weather, was really my only disappointment with the hotel.

The parking lot looked relatively empty every day, and there was only a handful of people at breakfast each morning, so it was pretty quiet for the most part. Except my last night,, I"m not sure what the people above me were doing, but it was a lot of stomping like noises, door shutting posisbly? Don't know, but that became annoying after a while esp since it was late. However, I just put my ear plugs in and went to bed!

Overall, I would stay here again. The staff at the front desk was always friendly. Free wifi was a plus along with the decent breakfast. My only warning to future customers.... be careful when you go in the winter seasons!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo