“Ok place with friendly front desk”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Southeast/Crossroads Village
Ranked #47 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Tulsa, Okla
“Ok place with friendly front desk”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Pool is very small but indoor. Rooms did not have mini frig or microwave. Only one elevator was working.

Overall outside of above, the place was clean and the breakfast was adequate.

Marriott could do better job matching Silver member guests, with their preferences. The front desk never commented on my status with Marriott and did not put me on top floor, while another guest with me was placed on top floor. They had no preference.

I have stayed in Marriott hotels over 40 days this year and I seldom see the front desk consider my preferences unless I mention it.

Room Tip: I would think higher is better as the hotel is lower elevation than what surrounds it, but it only f...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chino Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have stayed at many Fairfield Inns across the country, and this is one of the best ones. It has the advantage of being new so has nice showers, TVs, etc but it also has a friendly staff, a better than average breakfast and a convenient location just off Highway 169. Yes, the address is confusing as the property actually has an entrance off 91st Street but it really isn't hard to find.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tullahoma, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We spent the night at the Fairfield Inn in Tulsa. The stay was wonderful, the room was clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet even though they had a large number of High School Students staying there for a conference. The breakfast was good with a plentifully assortment. Over all a very good motel stay. The motel was a little hard to find, my GPS took me on the wrong side of the toll road and I spotted the motel when we came back in a circle.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Moore, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Positives: great contemporary decor; responsive staff
Negatives: Out of the way location; strange smell in rooms; average breakfast

This year we decided to take a short mid-October vacation through eastern Oklahoma and north Texas. During our trip we stayed in three different Fairfield Inns. This was the first.

Location, Location, Location -

Road construction and other unexpected events delayed our arrival until after 10:00 p.m. We are familiar with the east Tulsa/Broken Arrow area...we'd stayed at other hotels in the area many times before...and were aware this property was not close to restaurants and shops. However, it was even more removed from amenities than expected.

The hotel sits adjacent to highway overpasses at the end of a winding street. It's surrounded by vacant lots. Currently, a local drugstore is the only retail establishment within sight or walking distance, although that will change...eventually.

A Warm Reception -

Despite our late arrival the desk associate was friendly and responsive. It was nice to receive a warm welcome after the trials of the day.

We'd requested and been assigned a first-floor room. The desk associate graciously offered to relocate us upstairs to avoid noise. I appreciated the offer, but declined as we had a lot of equipment to carry inside.

The door of our room was set back several feet from the main corridor. Our first thought was "if there's any noise, this configuration will minimize the level."

Room 1, Room 2 -

Stepping inside we found the sleeping are rather small. Clearance was so tight we couldn't maneuver the luggage cart past the television stand. There was no refrigerator or microwave, two commonly found items we rely upon. (Obviously, I didn't read the room description too well when making reservations!)

The room was visually clean and seemed in good condition, but had an unfamiliar, almost musty odor. We looked for the source but found nothing. Initially we thought the heater might be the cause but the smell grew worse as we moved away from the HVAC unit.

Concerned our clothing would absorb the smell, I asked for a different room. The desk associate speculated the odor was from the nearby indoor pool, but accommodated our request.

We moved to the second floor, far from the pool, to a room the same size as on the first floor. It also smelled of the same odor. Since the time was after 11 p.m. we decided to not to move again. Chances were good other rooms smelled the same.

Because we stayed at three different Fairfields across six nights, we were able to compare experiences from each. We did not notice the smell in public areas of this hotel (e.g. hallways) of this hotel. The smell was not present in the second Fairfield at which we stayed, although heaters were in use there. The smell was slightly present in the third Fairfield, in Texas, but not as prominently as in this hotel. Heaters had not been used in Texas. In retrospect, we wondered if laundry detergent was responsible.

Did You Hear That? -

Throughout the night and especially in the morning talking and footsteps could be heard above our room, in the hall, and outside the building. A group departing at 6 a.m. were plainly heard as they loaded their car.

Interestingly, we heard no traffic noise, although the hotel sits very close to, and slightly below, a major highway interchange.

Breakfast Time -

Breakfast has become a big deal in hotels. Available options were average for a Fairfield: white and multi-grain bread, English muffins, a few varieties of bagels and muffins, make-your-own waffles, scrambled eggs, pre-made biscuits with sausage gravy, and refrigerated breakfast sandwiches. They also offered four varieties of cereal, oatmeal packets, raisins and brown sugar (but no nuts.)

Some items were in short supply. The reason became evident after breakfast. I overheard a conversation between staff members during which the kitchen coordinator asked for certain items to be ordered because inventory was low.

The Bottom Line -

Overall, we had an average experience here. The staff was professional and responsive. Public areas were beautiful, but room decor was unremarkable.

We felt cramped in both rooms. I don't think the smell is a result of unclean conditions...but it was something we noticed. Restaurants and retail are several miles away.

We'd stay here again if necessary, but there are a number of other Marriott properties within a 10-mile radius we've previously stayed in and prefer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This property is one of the newer models in the Fairfield brand but I'm not sure newer is better. Heads up but not their fault, but most GPS units don't find the hotel address published. The newer properties have double doors and auto open which is a big improvement on the older ones. I think the rooms are a bit smaller than the older ones and the bath a bit smaller.. The other amenities are about what you'd expect from a Fairfield. Clean comfortable bed, desk with lamp, chair, flat screen TV, free wifi, breakfast buffet etc. Unfortunately, on the second night of our stay, they booked in a big soccer group. Kids will be kids as we know and they were actually pretty good. After we called the desk about 9:30 because if the running in the halls and stairways, things quieted down. Ah, to be young again!
My only real complaint about the place is the heat/AC unit in our room. I don't think I've ever heard a noisier one. I tend to sleep pretty soundly, so when a heater us keeping me awake, something is wrong. Had to set the temp the second night so it would not turn on. Not a great solution.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frenchguy48
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were on our way from Dallas to Eureka Springs and decided to stop off at this hotel for the night. We had made reservations. The location is fine other than there are no restaurants within walking distance. The hotel was nice and appeared clean. The gentleman that checked us in was very speedy. My only complaint is that I requested specifically a quiet room away from the noise and let him know I was a light sleeper. He assured me it would be a quiet room. We ended up with a room straight across from the elevator and ice machine. It was not a quiet spot at all. We could hear some road noise and the AC unit was extrememely noisy as well so I did not sleep well. Our room appeared clean and the bed was comfortable. I like these Marriott beds. The walls were dirty and the curtain had something on it. The internet wasn't working very well for us either. If it wasn't for these things, I would have rated it excellent.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice machine. Also one that is on the side with the least traffic as ther...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

WARNING: Th address listed for this hotel is misleading. If you use 10120 East 91st Street, it will take you to Economy Pharmacy. This hotel is directly behind the pharmacy. The hotel is listed at--"9150 S 102nd E Avenue", which will take you to a residential area. The hotel is about three years old and everything is new and in perfect working order. The only drawback is that is near the freeway, so you will hear some noise early in the morning.

Room Tip: The rooms to the west may be slightly quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo