“Overall, Great Hotel !”

Ranked #3 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Virginia
“Overall, Great Hotel !”
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Whenever you stay at Hampton Inn, you usually know what to expect. Sometimes though, there are some that are not worthy to be a Hampton Inn, and some that are awesome. Let me say, this hotel falls into the awesome group. The hotel is still in its new phase, but was a beautiful property. I stayed in a King suite (room 201) and I couldn't ask for anything more in a hotel room. However, they are still going through their opening pains as there were a couple of incidents. The first being the previous occupant's t-shirt left hanging on the bathroom door and never removed by housekeeping prior to my check-in. It took two requests to the front desk to finally have it removed. The second issue was the non-delivery of my morning paper. I was told they don't have enough newspapers to deliver to each room. Even as a Hilton Diamond member, it took two requests to finally get a newspaper delivered on my last morning there. The staff however, was extremely apologetic. This is one of the friendliest hotel staffs I have encountered during my travels this year. The location is great too with lots of eating choices nearby. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Itsjustme47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Antonio
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We were passing through Tulsa late evening and decided to stop for the evening - by luck we had seen the Hampton sign and turned around. Great new hotel, spotless, good service and the kids enjoyed the breakfast. Beds were great. Convenient to shopping area - Target, bookstore, etc. Very glad we stopped!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Missouri
Reviewed 12 April 2010

The staff was friendly and personable. The hotel was beautiful and clean since it had been open only two weeks. However, when we arrived we were told that the water was off and would be back on in one or two hours. And they were correct. Then when we were checking out, water was gushing from the ceiling into plastic containers that were placed on check-out counter. Also, the rooms were very small, and the two that we reserved did not have microwaves and refrigerators, although the description on the website sounded as if the room had them. However, that was probably just a misunderstanding on my part. If I stay there again, I will ask for a suite with a micro and a fridge, so that we will have more room and more convenience.
The breakfast area opened late, and the food choices were a bit more limited than most Hampton Inns offer. I suggest that if they are going to serve ice-cold muffins they should provide a microwave to allow the guests to heat them. And this hotel opened the breakfast food area only during breakfast hours, instead of leaving fruit and/or cereal out for guests to enjoy throughout the day.
I'm not going to say that I won't stay here again, but I think I'll try the other new hotels that are going up in the Glenpool/Jenks area before I decide which one will be my regular choice.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank RoadTripTraveler
HappyHotelierTulsa, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Tulsa Hills, responded to this review, 11 May 2010
Dear Road Trip Traveler,
Delighted over the positives and so sorry for the negatives! We are new and still a work in progress. Thanks for trying us out and please be sure to give us another chance the next time you're in the area! We'd be grateful...

Warmly,

The Team at Hampton Inn and Suites Tulsa South
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 8 April 2010

As a new hotel (I was their first guest and stayed for 3 nights), I had no complaints. They were ready for customers and everyone was friendly. There were no major glitches for me. The only things that I can be critical of are the low flow shower heads (should removed or drill out the little washer in the shower head) and I had to turn the desk around so I could watch TV and look at the views out the window while working. Get a room facing east for the views. No complaints overall. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Camcolo,
Thanks for the great review! The water pressure for the showers has been rectified- it was an issue with the pump. Large expense but I'm certain it was worth it! Please be sure to return when your travels bring you to the Tulsa area!

Warmly,