Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South
US$135
US$115
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewscommunity collegeking suiteroom layoutlarge bathroomnewer hotelalarm clockbeds were very comfortabletop floorwould stay here againthe entire staffdesk clerkstaff was friendlycleanlinessihgmicrowavehwyjennifer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I've stayed here several times. I use to stay at the Hilton across the parking lot before they built this hotel, and I like them both, but I prefer the two room suites they offer here. It didn't have a living room, but that wasn't necessary, just a king bed in one room, and two queens in the other two, which was prefect for me and my two daughters.

My first impression:I thought a magic sponge would come in handy to get rid of all the scuff marks on the wall, which are very noticeable and remind you the room is lived in. I think that hotel rooms should look completely free of others being there, and this was a pretty prominent reminder. I am in room 312 (I still have two more nights here), which is close to the elevator and you can hear it in the bathroom (only one bath) but it is not an annoyance in the king room. I thought it might be. Since it's not something that keeps you up at night, it's a great location.

The front desk staff is nice and attentive when needed. We had the breakfast package, and I thought the staff there was distracted and not attentive. I had to ask where to sit, ask for coffee, go grab our own menu, and then send the food back when it came out wrong. The eggs on the buffet were not very good, so we'll order off the menu tomorrow. My daughter's order from the menu took forever to get, so I wouldn't advise being in a hurry if you eat here. Everyone was very friendly, but just distracted. That's the best way to describe them.

But, the rooms are clean, the shower is nice, and the beds are comfortable, so I'll stay here again and with a bit of effort, I would give them 5 stars for location, cleanliness, and comfort.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2012

For the rate that I paid for a one room suite, I was amazed at how comfortable my stay was. The sheets were noticeably soft, the mattress was firm, and the room itself was very quiet. The hotel was fairly busy and I never heard anything in my room. I had one small issue during my stay and the staff was very prompt and helpful. I would not recommend the restaurant in the hotel. It appeared to serve a short Denny's menu and the food was tasteless and overpriced.

Room Tip: My room was towards the middle of the hotel and was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Stayed one night and was very pleased with the property. Well kept, nicely maintained, in and out. Room was perfect ( it was one of the suites on the top floor). Service was excellent. Only problem was trying to identify the driveway in.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed for business trip and had a double bed room on the second floor. The entire hotel was decorated elegantly and very clean. Desk staff was very helpful. Would stay again for personal usage after this very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I typically avoid Holiday Inns. Holiday Inn Express? never have a problem. Holiday Inn? Usually run down, bad location, etc. This one is a pleasant exception to that rule.

I had booked through Hotwire so I didn't know this was going to be a Holiday Inn until it was already paid for, so I was a bit worried. I didn't need to be. This place is great.

The hotel itself if only a couple of years old. Everything about it is clean and up-to-date.

Very nice lobby, great rooms. Free WiFi worked great, and having a mini-fridge and microwave in the room is always a nice bonus.

For those who run/jog/walk, there is a nice multi-use trail that runs right behind the hotel and goes for miles, very handy.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business