“Excellent staff and value”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This was my third time to stay at this hotel over the past three years. The staff is always great to work with and so friendly. A real asset to this company. The level of comfort provided to me at this location while on business in Tulsa continues to impress me. Just a short 10 minutes from the airport. I will continue to recommend this location to anyone headed to Tulsa. The only thing that had changed since my last stay was the hall carpets need cleaning. Glenn A. Cain

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Nicely decorated, clean, easy to get to, friendly staff. Very close to highway, gas station, McDonalds and Starbucks. Right next to Tulsa Community College and Cancer Treatment Centers of America hospital. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Scott M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We take all of our customer comments seriouslyand want to make your stay a home away from home.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when your back in town.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We are finishing up our stay at this hotel. Four nights in a 2 bedroom suite, which includes one room with 2 queens and a separate bedroom with a king. The room includes a small kitchen area with fridge, microwave and small coffee pot. Beds are very comfy and separate sleeping quarters are really convenient. The hotel is showing some wear and tear. Wallpapers are really dinged up, lampshades are missing the finial and wobble around when lights are turned on/off and housekeeping has missed several cleaning details...headboards and doors need to be wiped down. Our room butts up to elevator and noise is regular throughout most of the day and much of the night. We sleep in ear plugs and were not disturbed, but ask not to be placed near elevator if noise will be an issue for you. Staff has been very friendly and check in was quick and simple. Hotel is right off of freeway and it is an easy drive to anywhere in Tulsa. Overall this is a comfy place to stay and we would stay again due to great rate, location and convenience of room layout for our family.

Room Tip: Request rooms away from elevator shaft and electrical room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the our hotel.

We strive to make our hotel a place where you and your family can relax and have a great feeling of a home away from home.

Again thank for your comments.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Came for a long weekend to visit my grandsons and I can't say enough about the helpful staff at this hotel. First I can't remember the last time my magnetic credit card key worked each and every time at a hotel. Usually we have to go down to the desk at least once, sometimes more, to have it replaced or reprogrammed or whatever... anyway, the staff at this hotel couldn't be nicer, they let my grandson's use the pool with me even though they weren't staying here, and they went out of their way to find some jumper cables and jumped the dead battery in my car while I was waiting for the auto club to even answer the phone! The room was very clean, pleasant and had both a small fridge and a microwave so I didn't have to always go out to expensive restaurants, and they offered both firm and soft pillows to choose from. Didn't try the breakfast so I can't comment on that. Will definately stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. We strive to make all of our customers have an enjoyable stay with us.

Hope to see you again when your in town.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I've stayed here several times. I use to stay at the Hilton across the parking lot before they built this hotel, and I like them both, but I prefer the two room suites they offer here. It didn't have a living room, but that wasn't necessary, just a king bed in one room, and two queens in the other two, which was prefect for me and my two daughters.

My first impression:I thought a magic sponge would come in handy to get rid of all the scuff marks on the wall, which are very noticeable and remind you the room is lived in. I think that hotel rooms should look completely free of others being there, and this was a pretty prominent reminder. I am in room 312 (I still have two more nights here), which is close to the elevator and you can hear it in the bathroom (only one bath) but it is not an annoyance in the king room. I thought it might be. Since it's not something that keeps you up at night, it's a great location.

The front desk staff is nice and attentive when needed. We had the breakfast package, and I thought the staff there was distracted and not attentive. I had to ask where to sit, ask for coffee, go grab our own menu, and then send the food back when it came out wrong. The eggs on the buffet were not very good, so we'll order off the menu tomorrow. My daughter's order from the menu took forever to get, so I wouldn't advise being in a hurry if you eat here. Everyone was very friendly, but just distracted. That's the best way to describe them.

But, the rooms are clean, the shower is nice, and the beds are comfortable, so I'll stay here again and with a bit of effort, I would give them 5 stars for location, cleanliness, and comfort.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2012

For the rate that I paid for a one room suite, I was amazed at how comfortable my stay was. The sheets were noticeably soft, the mattress was firm, and the room itself was very quiet. The hotel was fairly busy and I never heard anything in my room. I had one small issue during my stay and the staff was very prompt and helpful. I would not recommend the restaurant in the hotel. It appeared to serve a short Denny's menu and the food was tasteless and overpriced.

Room Tip: My room was towards the middle of the hotel and was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Stayed one night and was very pleased with the property. Well kept, nicely maintained, in and out. Room was perfect ( it was one of the suites on the top floor). Service was excellent. Only problem was trying to identify the driveway in.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple